Author Topic: (BOOK) Corruptions of Christianity: Seventh-day Adventism  (Read 3754 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(BOOK) Corruptions of Christianity: Seventh-day Adventism
« on: June 08, 2021, 05:14:22 PM »
This is a full-length book that is free-to-read on our website:
Corruptions of Christianity: Seventh-day Adventism

We are planning on making this available for purchase in print in the near future. If you have wondered why I have not come out with anything else for a while, it's because I spend the last six months working on this book.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 04:09:13 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
Re: (ARTICLE) Corruptions of Christianity: Seventh-day Adventism
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 10:25:49 PM »
I have been anticipating this.  :)

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: (BOOK) Corruptions of Christianity: Seventh-day Adventism
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 08:42:10 PM »
I just posted a video in the Covid-19 thread that explains why people are so resistant to hearing any of the true facts surrounding this disease and the shots that go with it. You can see that video here:

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/lucid-divide-3-cult-of-nightmares-long-version_p8MKXRdDByL6GAK.html

That video was based on an article entitled The Covidian Cult by CJ Hopkins, and I realised that this article explains a lot of why Ellen G. White flip-flopped on so many doctrines:

Looking in from the dominant culture (or back through time in the case of the Nazis), the delusional nature of these official narratives is glaringly obvious to most rational people. What many people fail to understand is that to those who fall prey to them (whether individual cult members or entire totalitarian societies) such narratives do not register as psychotic. On the contrary, they feel entirely normal. Everything in their social “reality” reifies and reaffirms the narrative, and anything that challenges or contradicts it is perceived as an existential threat.

These narratives are invariably paranoid, portraying the cult as threatened or persecuted by an evil enemy or antagonistic force which only unquestioning conformity to the cult’s ideology can save its members from. It makes little difference whether this antagonist is mainstream culture, body thetans, counter-revolutionaries, Jews, or a virus. The point is not the identity of the enemy. The point is the atmosphere of paranoia and hysteria the official narrative generates, which keeps the cult members (or the society) compliant.

In addition to being paranoid, these narratives are often internally inconsistent, illogical, and … well, just completely ridiculous. This does not weaken them, as one might suspect. Actually, it increases their power, as it forces their adherents to attempt to reconcile their inconsistency and irrationality, and in many cases utter absurdity, in order to remain in good standing with the cult. Such reconciliation is of course impossible, and causes the cult members’ minds to short circuit and abandon any semblance of critical thinking, which is precisely what the cult leader wants.

Moreover, cult leaders will often radically change these narratives for no apparent reason, forcing their cult members to abruptly forswear (and often even denounce as “heresy”) the beliefs they had previously been forced to profess, and behave as if they had never believed them, which causes their minds to further short circuit, until they eventually give up even trying to think rationally, and just mindlessly parrot whatever nonsensical gibberish the cult leader fills their heads with.

Also, the cult leader’s nonsensical gibberish is not as nonsensical as it may seem at first. Most of us, upon encountering such gibberish, assume that the cult leader is trying to communicate, and that something is very wrong with his brain. The cult leader isn’t trying to communicate. He is trying to disorient and control the listener’s mind.

This leads me to believe that White probably knew exactly what she was doing.

Anna G

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 10
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Anna
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 11:24:38 PM »
This is a full-length book that is free-to-read on our website:
Corruptions of Christianity: Seventh-day Adventism

Hi Christopher

I just wonder if you could please upload a copy of this teaching—as well as the Jehovah’s Witness and Mormonism teachings—in PDF format on your website?

(I appreciate that you are busy, so there’s no hurry from my side.)

Thanks, Anna

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 07:43:07 AM »
You're asking me for something that I can't do. Furthermore, for those who can do it, it is FAR more work than I think you understand, which why I think you just asked so casually for it.

I'm not sure what to say here.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 08:41:40 AM »
You're asking me for something that I can't do. Furthermore, for those who can do it, it is FAR more work than I think you understand, which why I think you just asked so casually for it.

I'm not sure what to say here.

I think she asked because there are PDF files associated with a number of the other articles on the site, and that includes some of the books. For example, there is a PDF version of the Corruptions of Christianity: Catholicism book, although that was last updated on September 26, 2018, so any updates made to that book since then (and I know there have been a few) have not been included in PDF format. But that PDF file is a solid 143 pages. (I have PDF versions of all articles and books that had them available saved to my computer, and there are quite a few of them all told, although they're mostly from a few years ago and mainly of short to medium-sized articles or books.)

I can't say for sure, but Anna may well have saved PDF files of teachings to her own computer for future reference, so perhaps she was hoping to also be able to save these three teachings that she was asking about in like fashion. PDF files are moreover easier than online articles to print out, so that could have been another reason why she wanted them. (I would download PDF versions of the books and save them myself if they were ever made available - it's very handy to have those PDF files in case the site goes down or disappears entirely.) However, if it's not feasible to do PDF files of these books (because you don't have the right software or just don't have the time, and others who do have the right software don't have the time either), then fair enough. I guess the answer in that case would be something like "Unfortunately, this is not possible right now and may never be due to the very large size of these books, lack of the required software and, in any case, the sheer amount of work and time involved in converting them to PDF format. Thank you anyway for making this request".
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 08:55:17 AM by Rowan M. »
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 03:42:45 PM »
Okay, so just to clarify, I have never made a PDF. Other people volunteered to make PDFs, and I added in that feature to download them a long time ago, just so it was convenient for others. However, I have not had anyone make me a PDF for an article or book in years.

I do not have the software to do it, and formatting one would be like going through an entire book and reformatting it for PDF. It is FAR more work than people think it is, which is why no one sends them to me anymore. It used to be easy when I did short articles, but now, with the books, it's way too much information to put in that amount of work, especially since I can't pay people to do that (on top of the fact that I frequently make small edits and corrections to various articles over time--micro edits that most people don't notice, and I putting up a list of all edits I do would just make the editing process that much longer).

There's a certain point I have a pick and choose what I'm going to do with my time, and this is one area I just can't do. You'll either have to print it as is from the page, or create your own through PDF. I don't have any other options.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2022, 06:56:39 PM »
Another way of saving articles to your computer is to just copy the whole thing into a Word doc. In most cases, you should be able to copy the whole article/book at one time. I know I was able to do this with the latest version of the Christmas book, and that ended up being 186 pages. I think some of the later versions of Word (and maybe the free word processing programs like Libre or OpenOffice) might have an option to save the document as a PDF, though I've never done it.

One of the things I like about reading a Word doc as opposed to reading on the website is that I can enlarge it to make it easier to read. My eyesight isn't what it used to be...

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 10:10:02 PM »
Another way of saving the article is to just save the website complete as an HTML file.

As a side note, I use the export as PDF file in LibreOffice quite regularly as it is a good feature.  I'm not writing that comment as a suggestion that Chris should do that though.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Anna G

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2022, 02:47:45 AM »

Thanks for all the tips, everyone. (And Jeanne, I like to use the ‘Read Aloud’ function on webpages and in Word/PDF documents as I often prefer to listen to things rather than to read them—it also makes it easy to do tasks around the home at the same time :).)

My apologies for my naivety—I regularly save Word documents to PDF and it’s a really quick and simple process. Saying that, the files I save are usually quite small in size. It seems I wrongly assumed that this was a simple task, so my apologies for that. Also, I see that there are quite a few articles/books with the PDF option on the website, so I thought it was generally the norm to have this available.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying how things work and for the suggestions.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2022, 05:36:59 AM »

Thanks for all the tips, everyone. (And Jeanne, I like to use the ‘Read Aloud’ function on webpages and in Word/PDF documents as I often prefer to listen to things rather than to read them—it also makes it easy to do tasks around the home at the same time :).)

My apologies for my naivety—I regularly save Word documents to PDF and it’s a really quick and simple process. Saying that, the files I save are usually quite small in size. It seems I wrongly assumed that this was a simple task, so my apologies for that. Also, I see that there are quite a few articles/books with the PDF option on the website, so I thought it was generally the norm to have this available.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying how things work and for the suggestions.

I saved the page as an HTML Anna and then opened the HTML file with the word processor and exported from there as a PDF and it makes a very good job of it.  You might find it to be quite OK for listening.  Doing the conversions took me less than a minute, so not a lot of time wasted if it's not suitable.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2022, 06:25:47 AM »
Kevin, how do you save a web page as an HTML file?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 08:29:52 PM »
Hi Jeanne

Under Brave or any other browser, go Save As (under the menu of options) and choose Web Page Complete, and it saves the whole web page for offline viewing.  It's a good feature that I use every now and then.

Anna G

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2022, 02:26:09 AM »
I saved the page as an HTML Anna and then opened the HTML file with the word processor and exported from there as a PDF and it makes a very good job of it.  You might find it to be quite OK for listening.  Doing the conversions took me less than a minute, so not a lot of time wasted if it's not suitable.

Thanks Kevin—it was thoughtful of you to put up that tip :).

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2022, 07:12:43 PM »
Also, I see that there are quite a few articles/books with the PDF option on the website, so I thought it was generally the norm to have this available.

A lot of that work came from Tim. He used to do them for me back when my articles were shorter, but now that they're much longer, and I do frequent small updates, on top of the fact that he got married and had less time, I haven't had any new ones available in years.

Anna G

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 10:08:00 PM »
A lot of that work came from Tim. He used to do them for me back when my articles were shorter, but now that they're much longer, and I do frequent small updates, on top of the fact that he got married and had less time, I haven't had any new ones available in years.

Good to know, thanks Christopher.

I’ll have a play around—if I can properly convert some articles to PDF for you I’ll let you know.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 12:39:12 AM »
Also, I see that there are quite a few articles/books with the PDF option on the website, so I thought it was generally the norm to have this available.

When putting some of the files on to the eReader it shows Tim as being the author.  It must pick up the name from who the PDF creation software is registered to.  I was going to mention that in the past but figured you might have known about it or it was of no concern.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2022, 08:07:05 AM »
Hi Jeanne

Under Brave or any other browser, go Save As (under the menu of options) and choose Web Page Complete, and it saves the whole web page for offline viewing.  It's a good feature that I use every now and then.

Thanks, Kevin!

Anna G

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2022, 09:41:43 PM »
When putting some of the files on to the eReader it shows Tim as being the author.  It must pick up the name from who the PDF creation software is registered to.  I was going to mention that in the past but figured you might have known about it or it was of no concern.

Thanks for that information, Kevin. I didn't know about that, and it's good to be aware of.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2022, 09:01:35 PM »

Thanks for that information, Kevin. I didn't know about that, and it's good to be aware of.

Meta data cleaners can generally be used for taking your name and any other information you want from files if you wish.  The same goes for sound files and photographs etc.