Author Topic: Deliverance Ministries Are Not of God  (Read 4652 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Deliverance Ministries Are Not of God
« on: June 25, 2021, 12:10:22 PM »
For those of you who don't have the context for this, I would recommend reading the following thread:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1392.msg11910#msg11910
This woman joined our forum on June 20, 2021, and then after she was banned, proceeded to write me the following emails:

MAY 24, 2021
MCKENNA FROM UTAH
(FOUR WEEKS BEFORE JOINING THE FORUM):

Do you know of or have an opinion on Deliverance Ministry

No.

JUNE 23, 2021

Just wanted to msg you and see why you have accused me?
Also wanted to know why I am banned?
Why do you think it isn't a big deal to prognosticate my "Great offense"

Oh, I see. I did not remember this email (from May 24th) because the person who wrote it (i.e. you) said nothing of themselves, and gave no details of what they were talking about, and so quick, vague questions get quick, vague responses. And furthermore, I got no response, which showed me that you had no intention to have a conversation, which confused me as to why you even bothered to write to me in the first place. Now that I see that it is you, and that you were asking about "Deliverance Ministry" all the puzzle pieces are fitting together. The phrase "deliverance ministry," as far as I understand it, is referring to the core concept of demonology, which is NOT biblical in any sense. (i.e. It is pagan mythology.) Furthermore, I decided to do a little bit of research on you after you just sent me this email, and you spend all your social media time involving yourself in political issues, not Biblical issues, which is a direct reflection on where you spend your time and study, and therefore, it is no wonder that you have no understanding on how to use or interpret Scripture, and our church and forum members could see something was wrong with what you were saying very quickly, even without that information, just by your communication alone.

That's because of what Jesus said:
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18

Now I can see why you are hung up on the pagan "deliverance" garbage, and why you frequently use certain phrases like "prognosticate" and "speaking a spirit of doubt." Those are the things that the demonology religious cult has taught you, not what Scripture teaches. They convinced you of a false gospel, and you accepted it as "truth." However, because you have given all of us no indication you want to hear (i.e. understand) anything concerning that, then there is nothing more that I can do to help you.

Of course, on the way out, you spat back that I was not "delivered" (whatever that is supposed to mean), and so if I am not "delivered," why are you coming here to complain about being banned by an "undelivered" person? If you are of Jesus Christ, then why would that matter? Why don't you just let it go and walk away in peace?

First off,
Deliverance is the casting out of devils and the healing of the sick. This was 2/3 of Christ ministry as accounted for by Luke in the Book of acts. It isn't pagan deliverance, it is deliverance in Christ's name.
Secondly, I "spat" saying you need deliverance. You had made some pretty horrible accusations. While I was trying to understand what you were getting at, I remained hopeful and ready to receive your feedback. And I did receive your next reply, and it was really junked up with accusations.
I said you need deliverance because I really identified with Job, in Job 19
1Then Job answered and said,

2How long will ye vex my soul, and break me in pieces with words?

And Proverbs 4:23 says Guard your heart with all diligence.

If you peeked at my social media, you probably saw front and center Mark 16:17 "In my name they shall cast out devils"

I made myself quite vulnerable by sharing my story with you all. I'm also not in a demonology cult... I'm also not a pagan. I am a Christian. I have renounced Paganism. Truthfully, with the way you have communicated with me has made me suspicious of curses that may be over you. You seem quite vexed yourself, as evident in your replies and your accusations. You seem quite angry...  What do you do, Christopher? Have you ever felt anger or sadness? Have you ever felt a black cloud over you? Do you acknowledge there is an existence of devils and witches? Just wondering.

I did give an indication I wanted to hear, when I gave you feedback. I told you I was feeling hopeful. What I didn't say was feeling hopeful.... That I would learn what you're saying. I am really wondering why you see to dislike what I said about perceptions...

Again, you are saying I am back here to "Complain". Where did you decide I was complaining? I just wanted 3 answers, and didn't expect a reply.

That is kind of a theme I see with you. You decide. You have decided. You decided who I am and what I am. And what my beliefs are. You decided what kind of person I am and You decided how I would feel about what you had to say. You decided.

I keep trying to ask you to stop deciding these things. To at least stop deciding them for me. You decided deliverance was pagan deliverance garbage. You decided I was in a demonology cult. You decided I don't want to hear you. You decided on the probability of "great offense" (Yet I'm still pressing in...) You decided my vocabulary was disingenuous. You decided I study on social media. You decided to visit my social media.

So I asked 3 questions, to which I did not really get direct answers to any of them. But from what I've gathered, you think I cannot interpret scripture? Just wondering

Also, When I emailed you initially, your answer was good enough. I didn't know you wanted a full on introduction and backstory. I didn't know you wanted me to reply either. You said no, and that was satisfactory. I wasn't aware you expected an entire conversation on the topic of deliverance. I may have pursued that route, but a simple "No" effectively answered my questions. I didn't know you were even open to any sort of conversation on email. Sorry!

Deliverance is the casting out of devils and the healing of the sick.
And that's all I needed to know from you. You jumped right out of the pagan frying pan and into the pagan fire. You have rejected the Gospel of Jesus Christ for pagan mythology, and you obviously don't want to hear anything about it from me. So, I hope you depart in peace, and have a great day.

What do you do, Christopher? Have you ever felt anger or sadness? Have you ever felt a black cloud over you? Do you acknowledge there is an existence of devils and witches? Just wondering.
I know, that's the problem. You are focused on your feelings and emotions; that is the foundation for your faith. Whereas the Word of God is the foundation of my faith, and that of our church. The difference is the willingness to reason out the truth, not blindly feel out what you want to believe.
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
-Isa 1:18
And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
-Luke 6:39

There is no place in Scripture that says your personal feelings are the foundation for deciding spiritual matters, but you don't want to hear otherwise. Therefore, I hope you depart in peace, and have a great day.

Do you acknowledge there is an existence of devils and witches? Just wondering. 
Well, I have an entire website where I write about such topics. It's called creationliberty.com, and there is a search bar at the top right where you can find all sorts of information. I hope you depart in peace, and have a great day.

That is kind of a theme I see with you. You decide. You have decided. You decided who I am and what I am. And what my beliefs are. You decided what kind of person I am and You decided how I would feel about what you had to say. You decided. I keep trying to ask you to stop deciding these things. To at least stop deciding them for me. You decided deliverance was pagan deliverance garbage. You decided I was in a demonology cult. You decided I don't want to hear you. You decided on the probability of "great offense" (Yet I'm still pressing in...) You decided my vocabulary was disingenuous. You decided I study on social media. You decided to visit my social media.
I know McKenna; you hate having someone judge righteous judgment concerning the things you say and do. The Pharisees hated it when Jesus "decided" things about them as well. You wanted us to "decide" according to the appearance of yourself that you were painting with your words on the forum, which is why you were speaking in that awkward sanctimonious tone. But we saw through your false appearance and rebuked you. You hated that. That's because you hate righteous judgment and correction.
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
-1Co 2:15
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

And you have no Biblical argument against it. The evidence is clear to see by what you write. That's why you are constantly ministering questions, rather than Biblical understanding.
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
-1Ti 1:4

That's why you're so vague, and cherry-pick out pieces of a verse of Scripture, like you did with Mark 16:17, having no understanding of the context of that chapter. That's what you were taught to do by the deliverance cult because there is no Biblical argument for what they teach. That's why you avoid the Word of God when talking with us, and you don't want to hear it. Therefore, I hope you depart in peace, and have a great day.

So I asked 3 questions, to which I did not really get direct answers to any of them. But from what I've gathered, you think I cannot interpret scripture? Just wondering
Jesus Christ did not answer every question he was asked either.
This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
-John 8:6

That's because the Bible tells us not to answer the fool according to their own folly, otherwise, they will think themselves to be wise in their own imagined arrogance; being willingly ignorant that they have no repentance in their hearts.
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
-Pro 26:5

So I prefer to answer the core foundation of a problem, but that's not what you want to hear. So, I hope you depart in peace, and have a great day.

When I emailed you initially, your answer was good enough.
Of course it was enough for you, and that's because you only wanted an opinion. You didn't care about the facts. So, I hope you depart in peace, and have a great day.

I wasn't aware you expected an entire conversation on the topic of deliverance.
You wrote an email to someone because you did NOT want to have a conversation? Okay. I hope you depart in peace, and have a great day.

Christopher,
I know you THINK I have jumped into the pagan fire. That's your perception. It doesn't match reality. Maybe no one has told you before, but your perception does not decide reality.
I didn't ask for an opinion from you. I asked if you had ever heard of deliverance ministry. You said no. You weren't giving me an opinionated No, you were giving me a factual no. And there you go again, deciding that I do not care about the facts.
And interesting you bring up a scripture about a fool. A fool cares more about his opinion than he does about coming to an understanding.
You love your opinion so much that you make your opinion reality! And anyone who deviates from the reality you enforce is a "pagan". You love your own opinion so much, you hate what I tried to tell you about perceptions. To you, there is only one perception. Your perception. That's what I'm getting from you, because your arguments are based on your opinions, not any facts.

I wrote an email asking two questions, and the two questions fulfilled their design when you said no. You really seem malcontented with whatever I say. Whatever the situation may be, for you, what I say isn't enough. It's too much. It's too vague. It's all decided by you.

None of this is effective communication. You're accusatory.

Oops, you decided what I think! When you said "I know that's the problem. You think..."
Christopher, you do not decide what I think. You also decided that I focus on feelings and emotions. You cannot decide what I focus on. You can have your opinions but you cannot say they are reality. Isn't that what a fool does?

"And you won't hear anything from me about it" There you go deciding again. Please stop deciding what I will hear! This isn't appropriate for a conversation or a debate. This isn't an appropriate thing to do. This is a childish thing to do. This shows me you do not know how to communicate. You cannot decide the things that are not for you to decide. You do not have a say, you do not have authority. You continue not to hear ME on this, and it makes me think you have been very manipulative.

Also, you were so enthused to continue to decide my reality that you still failed to directly answer the question! Do you ever engage in any spiritual warfare?

You cannot decide another's reality. You know, Jesus could perceive the thoughts of others. Jesus also healed the sick and cast out devils. In one argument, you can say "Jesus Decided" and in another, you call deliverance "pagan "deliverance" garbage". Aren't you blaspheming against the miracles of Christ who cast out devils and healed the sick?

If you think my tone is awkward, that is your opinion. If you think I was making a show of myself, that's your opinion. Your opinion does not magically become reality. I did reveal quite a bit about myself but to reveal my full story and include every iota of Grace from the providence of God would be quite a novella, and frankly, I don't have a penchant for writing long drawn out explanations or letters.

And there you go again, deciding "I have no understanding of scriptures". Your opinion on this is not reality. You seem very used to having opinions be accepted as reality. I tried to accept the feedback you had offered, but the way you were offering it was inappropriate. There is a way to perform feedback to ensure it is effective. If you had known how to give feedback properly, not with insults and invalidating statements, I may have learned quite a bit about what you have to say.

I see that you have compared yourself to Jesus, and me to Pharisees, again. When the Pharisees asked Jesus questions, he did not answer. Are you crucified with Jesus or is Jesus crucified with you? One distinguishable difference between the line of questions Jesus received and the questions I asked you is: I was not asking you questions to draw you out, to deceive you. I wasn't asking so I could sabotage you. I was asking those questions so I could have answers to those questions. Not to corner you. You already know that When I ask a question, A simple answer will do. Instead you have painted yourself like Jesus whose word in that moment was the difference between life and death of the woman.

Again, you have compared a Born-Again Christian to a Pharisee.

Well, I can't stop you from deciding everything. I still don't have an issue with much of your material. But I do have an issue with how you have been to me. I know I can't change your pattern of deciding.

Do not assume your perceptions are reality. God's perception is reality. You are playing God when you say your perceptions are reality. You are playing God when you decide what a person is thinking, focusing on, and feeling.
I was hoping I could find some answers to questions I had in my heart, but to enter into the Kingdom of Christopher Johnson, one must walk on eggshells.

Again, your material doesn't seem off, but your heart does.

I hope you cease communication with me in peace.

I hope you depart in peace, and have a great day.

END OF DISCUSSION

I have not yet read the last letter she sent me; I only copy and pasted it into this forum for you guys to read if you wanted. I knew that anything else she said was going to be a waste of my time. The only part I read was the last line she wrote in the letter, which was "I hope you cease communication with me in peace." Obviously, if you read the entire exchange, you can see that she wrote that out of spite. She was contacting me, not the other way around. She joined our forum, we didn't go join hers. She insisted on continuing to argue and debate; I was simply telling her that she should depart in peace because we are not like-minded in Christ. Thus, she said that last line with the intent to prop herself up, so she could seem like she was the one being pursued or persecuted; that was just to make herself feel better about herself, since her entire focus was on the emptions of her heart, rather than wanting to discuss the facts of Scripture.

He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
-Pro 28:26

Just to clarify for all readers, anything coming out of the "deliverance" cults is very dangerous. It's pagan demonology that has nothing to do with Scripture. I do not yoke together with them in any sense, and neither does the rest of our church. I hope you all will take precautions with such people, and that McKenna would be an example for you all to see the corrupt fruit of the deliverance false doctrines.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
Re: Deliverance Ministries Are Not of God
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 12:59:25 PM »
There are a few observations I could make about all this, but I will restrict myself to one point. That being, it is a common tactic of these sorts of cults to accuse people who question or reprove their theology or practices of blasphemy. Their logic being, they're doing what Jesus did, so if you question them, you are blaspheming Christ. Hence she accuses you of "blaspheming the miracles of Christ who cast out devils and healed the sick". Such a tactic is of course designed to intimidate and discourage any further questioning or reproof. Although in her case, it's more a way to make you appear the bad guy.

In like fashion, Charismatic cults are fond of playing the "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" card if you point out that their tongues-speaking is mere gibberish. They do it for the exact same reason: to intimidate you into silence and con you into believing that reproving them actually constitutes an attack against God. Anyway, that was just one of several things about her letters that stood out for me.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 03:13:48 PM »
You love your opinion so much that you make your opinion reality! And anyone who deviates from the reality you enforce is a "pagan". You love your own opinion so much, you hate what I tried to tell you about perceptions. To you, there is only one perception. Your perception. That's what I'm getting from you, because your arguments are based on your opinions, not any facts.

She is guilty of doing exactly what she is accusing you of doing. You are quoting her own words and providing Scripture, and she is only sharing her feelings. Her questions even started with the words “have you ever felt...”. The feelings we should be concerned about are if we feel grief and sorrow over our wrongdoings. I can see clearly now what the Bible means when His word is written in such a way that those who do not have an understanding will stumble and fall backward.

But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
-Isaiah 28:13

I hope she comes to a realization of the truth, departs from the dangerous doctrine she has been taught and accepts the gift of salvation that awaits if she humbles herself before the Lord.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 04:27:13 PM »
I hope she comes to a realization of the truth, departs from the dangerous doctrine she has been taught and accepts the gift of salvation that awaits if she humbles herself before the Lord.
Yeah, I'm hoping the same thing.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 04:12:17 AM »
This sounds a lot like the 'Christian' counseling/psychology garbage in that it's just another way for people to not take responsibility for their own sin. Whether they can blame it on a 'mental illness' or some imagined demon/devil, it amounts to the same thing; their sin is not their fault, so they can't be held accountable, which means they have no need to humble themselves or 'feel bad' about anything they've done.

I, too, pray that she will one day be able to see the truth.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 08:23:16 AM »
The only thing she ever said to me is that I should wear a girdle. And even shared a link to where I could buy one. ???
She also said in her short time here that it is no problem for men to wear skirts/kilts.  :-\

Maybe it's just me, but that's just weird.  ;D
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 10:25:49 AM »
This sounds a lot like the 'Christian' counseling/psychology garbage in that it's just another way for people to not take responsibility for their own sin. Whether they can blame it on a 'mental illness' or some imagined demon/devil, it amounts to the same thing; their sin is not their fault, so they can't be held accountable, which means they have no need to humble themselves or 'feel bad' about anything they've done.

I, too, pray that she will one day be able to see the truth.

I was thinking that too, Jeanne. In many ways, the "demons" of deliverance ministries and "mental illnesses" or "personality disorders" of psychology are two sides of the same coin. As you say, it's all about blaming something else to avoid that personal responsibility which would then lead on to repentance.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 03:47:02 PM »
The only thing she ever said to me is that I should wear a girdle. And even shared a link to where I could buy one. ???
She also said in her short time here that it is no problem for men to wear skirts/kilts.  :-\

Maybe it's just me, but that's just weird.  ;D

She actually told you to wear to corset, not a girdle, but yeah, that was a bit weird...  ::)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 10:40:11 AM »
UPDATE: McKenna wrote me some apology letters, and I thought it would be edifying to put them here.

JUNE 25, 2021:

Dear Christopher,
I apologize for saying I had a problem with your heart. Your material is very nice and very fulfilling, answering the questions I had in my heart and the truth is bringing me full peace.
You have sought out to live by the word and teach by the word, not leaning on mans understanding. I admire that greatly and thank you for doing what you do on your website and your teachings.
I still do have many internal questions about my past. Maybe it goes without saying, when I was on the hot plate on our conversation, I was protecting the identity I thought I had. Based on how drastic the changes are in my life, losing my "identity" I gained from some false teachings was frightening.  Going from a totally hellish life and identity to a relatively peaceful life and "deliverance vigilante" is the change I am referring to.

In efforts to save bits of my "identity" I omitted certain facts: My bible version, my minister, and what I think deliverance ministry has been.

You have told me that this is pagan deliverance garbage and I am inclined to at least reveal that I have been suspicious that this could be the case. I am horrified to think that could be the case.

It is a very ugly comparison but accurate, at least in my opinion... But tossing paganism in the trash and setting it on fire (figuratively) , choosing deliverance and then finding out it is also pagan is a lot like a story I have heard... Where a person will throw away their Ouija board and then when they return home from work or school, it is found in their home again. Spooky!

I have a Douay Rheims bible, my minister is Sheila Zilinsky, and I have been taught to "Bind and loose" and command devils to leave my flesh.

My hope is you accept my apology, and forgive this additional email to you. I know I said to cease communication. I did not cancel my intentions to read your material after our conversations. Thank God.

Weeks ago, I sent your website URL to my minister a left a message to her saying it was a gold mine of information.

I was wrong, I am sorry towards God.

I do truly hope you are having a peaceful day.  I don't have any scripture to add to this email

Psalm 33:5
I sought the Lord, and he heard me; and he delivered me from all my troubles.

Thanks

Though I understand and appreciate your efforts for an apology, I don't think that way. Let me clarify: I don't believe I am one who is worthy for anyone to have to apologize to, or maybe it could just be said that I'm used to this, so I don't carry those things with me to burden me down, and therefore, I don't expect apologies. I have wronged Jesus Christ countless times, and I have received much grace; therefore, I do not consider myself deserving of anyone's apology. Everything I said to you was to point you to God's Word. I would rather, if there was an apology, that you take that apology to God directly because being sorrowful to me is of no benefit to you spiritually.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
-2Co 7:10

To be clear, I never said you were garbage; I said that the "deliverance ministry" was garbage. Based on your last letter, I think you understand that already, but I just wanted to state that to be sure. The only other thing I'll say is that when I shared with you the link to that book I wrote, I was sending it to you for a very particular reason:
Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell
This is a short, free-to-read, 55-page book that I wrote that is essentially my teaching of the Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. I would only request that, if you have the time, you read that book (and for someone as educated as you are, it should not take you very long), and then come back and let me know where I'm wrong, so we can reason the matter out together. If you decide you want to do that, I'll wait to hear back from you, and if not, then as I said before I hope you have a great day, and if you decide not to pursue reading that book, I'm still glad that you decided for us to depart from one another on peaceful terms.

Thank you Christopher I will finish reading your book. Then I will get back in touch with you.

JUNE 26, 2021

Hello Christopher
I see you did not leave an option in your last email to "Reply if I agree with what you wrote" But I would like to reply and tell you a couple thoughts if that's alright.
I did not read your book in it's entirety, but  I did start. And I finished by listening to your 6 part series on the matter. I think you have made no mistake in the doctrine you shared.
Only recently did I find a teaching from, well, somewhere, saying that "metanoia" garbage.
 I have also visited numerous other articles on your website including "Corruptions of Christianity;Mormonism" And learned a few tidbits about Joe Smith that I did not already know. I'm an ex-mormon, turned pagan, turned deliverance vigilante...

I will now end my attendance to the deliverance ministry. Attendance isn't really the right word to use, as I was gathering material via youtube, supporting her ministry with money. There was something along the lines of "This stuff is really important and I have made it free for everyone to hear, but you should be paying and I have bills. The workman is worthy of his wages" While Sheila Zilinsky Ministries did have hundreds of videos on the casting out of devils, exposing the NWO, there was not one single video on repentance. The most she gets into this is in one of her deliverance prayers (if they can be called that).
"So If you don't know Jesus, you're gonna wanna get ahold of me" She states. So I've emailed her a few times and I've only ever received one reply. Fantastically enough, Sheila is my "Kent Hovind", I have been dedicating hours upon hours to listening and understanding her research, implementing it into my life. Some of these prayers and teachings are almost completely memorized.

I did admit numerous times how difficult it would be to find a Christian man who would accept this deliverance ministry and get on board with binding and loosing. Sheila says deliverance is part of the "Great Commission". I dedicated so many hours to these teachings and almost none to the Word, ashamedly. I do make great effort to listen to the word daily. It isn't the same as reading, but this is as my time permits. And this is why I listened to your teaching instead of reading it. I make firearms in factory.
Sheila's material seems cherry picked. I was starting to feel sort of silly doing all these warfare prayers. On top of this, I wondered how she reconciled her ministry with the biblical roles of women. She won't reply, so I guess I'll never know.
Recently on her Instagram, she said "I feel like it's time for a revolt", It could have been better if she was calling for Repentance. But she did get her wish, I am revolted from/by her ministry.

Certainly you did not want or expect to hear so many details about Sheila Zilinsky, but thank you for taking the time to see this email. You will be my new teacher and my new trusted source. I will see all of your articles, God willing. I will be replacing my Douay Rheims bible with a King James bible, and I will be diligent in study and in making sure you are teaching biblically by comparing you to the source. There is a scripture verse for this. Ashamedly I do not know it.

I am praying now in my life for the Holy Spirit to bring repentance into my life. I may recall times in my past when I have felt grief and godly sorrow, but I did not know this was repentance.

Thank you for your ministry
Have a lovely day

Certainly you did not want or expect to hear so many details about Sheila Zilinsky, but thank you for taking the time to see this email.
I think you misunderstand; I am more interested in this letter than anything else you have written. Not only are you coming forward with complete honesty, but that sanctimonious tone you had before... I knew you picked that up from someone; I just didn't know who. You aren't speaking to me in any sanctimonious tone anymore, and I am really enjoying reading this letter because it now feels like I'm talking to a real person.

You will be my new teacher and my new trusted source.
Well... eeehhh... I don't agree with that. Please don't misunderstand, it's not that it's wrong to listen to what I'm teaching, but the Word of God in the King James Bible should be your new teacher and your new trusted source. I am simply a useful tool that can assist people in that study, but you should not trust me either. I make mistakes and errors as well, and I have to be corrected sometimes in the things I write, so you should always be checking me out, and comparing what I am saying to the Scriptures to make sure that I'm correct. Don't put your trust in me because, if you do, you're putting it in the wrong hands.
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
-Jer 17:5

When it says "maketh flesh his arm," it's speaking in the matter of leaning on another man for spiritual help, instead of leaning on the Lord God alone. If you put your trust in me, one day, you will end up exactly where you are now with Zilinsky, and furthermore, it will put me up on too high of a pedestal, when I am supposed to be nothing more than a servant.
But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
-Mat 20:26-28

I don't like giving advice if I am not asked for it, but in this instance, I hope you'll forgive me if I make an exception. The reason is because, as opposed to Sheila, I would like to ask you not to send us any money. God has been gracious to us, and we have what we need for now. If you work in a factory, I have respect for the work you do because it takes a lot of endurance to do it. Rather, I would like you to take that hard-earned money and find a way to buy yourself some more time, so you can spend some time studying in God's Word.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
-2Ti 2:15

Where do you think the foundation for my understanding of God's Word comes from? Prayer for his blessings of wisdom and understanding, and study to learn. Nothing more. However, despite its simplicity, it is VERY important as a foundation for all our philosophy (i.e. way of thinking), so we don't get scammed by the Kent Hovinds and Shiela Zilinskys of this world.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-Col 2:8

I will see all of your articles, God willing. I will be replacing my Douay Rheims bible with a King James bible, and I will be diligent in study and in making sure you are teaching biblically by comparing you to the source. There is a scripture verse for this. Ashamedly I do not know it.
Oh, whoops. I guess I should have finished reading your letter first before I said all that. Oh well, I'll leave it there anyway, but it looks like we were both thinking the same thing.

I am praying now in my life for the Holy Spirit to bring repentance into my life. I may recall times in my past when I have felt grief and godly sorrow, but I did not know this was repentance.
Okay, well... just know that you can come back in the future and write to me again if you need to talk about anything. This time, I can genuinely say it was good to hear from you, and I enjoyed reading this letter. I'll just keep praying that you and I both will understand God's Word better as we continue to study to learn.
The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
-Pro 15:28

END OF DISCUSSION

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 11:38:48 AM »
Wow, that is quite a turnaround! God is surely doing some work in McKenna's heart. All praise and glory to Him for that. I don't think she has quite got to being born again yet, but the way she is writing now, hopefully she's not far off. And the fact that she now wants to dissociate herself from Sheila Zilinsky (one to mark and avoid) and replace her Catholic Douay Rheims Bible with a KJV suggests there is already some repentance going on in her heart. So let's pray that God will grant her the repentance she's asking for and that she will go on to be saved. The indications of that possibly happening are most encouraging!

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 11:40:18 AM »
Wow. I am happy to see all of that. That is incredibly refreshing, honestly. And I am glad that she came forward about the things she was hiding from us because there were pieces of what she said that I was struggling to put together.

Since she has confessed that she was hiding things herself, I can now understand why you have said in the past that sometimes you can tell that people are "hiding something" from us. Because there was something off in what she said and I couldn't put my finger on it, but now we know what specifically she was hiding, and that it was her intention to do so.

In efforts to save bits of my "identity" I omitted certain facts: My bible version, my minister, and what I think deliverance ministry has been.

This was very edifying for me to read. And overall I am just glad that she has humbled herself to understand these things. I hope that she does truly come to repentance (if she hasn't already) and puts her faith firmly in Jesus Christ and that she might choose to come back and talk to us again sometime.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2021, 03:17:10 PM »
Praise the Lord! While I supported your decision to ban her from the forum due to her attitude and strange way of writing, I would now welcome her back and would even look forward to talking to her in the future. I had also sent her the link to your book, Why Millions, and the repentance article in my very first reply to her introduction post. I'm very glad she has at least heard the audio teaching on that!

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 06:48:55 PM »
That sure was a good read  :)
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)