Author Topic: Looking for a video... Could Use Some Help  (Read 1232 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Looking for a video... Could Use Some Help
« on: October 19, 2021, 02:45:23 PM »
I am looking for a video that our church listened to and discussed over Skype about three years ago. It was discussion we had after Bible study was over, so it was not recorded. It would take me far too long to try and find this video, but I could really use it for a book I'm working on right now, if anyone wants to try and hunt it down.

http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=677.msg5499#msg5499
This thread gives a little detail on it, and it the video in question was a Mike Hoggard video on the subject of Christmas, and that he taught that Jesus ought to be worshiped as a sun god. If anyone wants to hunt around for that video and can get it to me, I would be grateful.

The only lead I can give you is that I think the background was Hoggard sitting at a news-like desk with a monitor behind him, and the background was a bunch of blue squares... and that is, I THINK it was that background. I'm not entire sure because this was years ago.

DISCLAIMER:
Do not send me a two hour video (if you have not looked over it yet) and ask me if that's the video in question. I would not know unless I listened to the whole thing. If I had time to sit around and listen to a bunch of his videos, then I would do that myself. That's part of the research process, listening to the subject matter in question and finding the right information. I have to say this because, many times in the past, if I have asked for help on these matters, I get lazy people who type some stuff into a search engine and just send me the search engine results (as if I don't have the capability or understanding to do that myself).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 02:47:34 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

theAXEisLAID

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 11
    • View Profile
  • First Name: David
Re: Looking for a video... Could Use Some Help
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 10:03:23 PM »
Chris, having never listened to Mike Hoggard I decided to give this a try. I have found about two minutes of this two hour online broadcast that I think fits the description you're looking for. I watched and listened to the two full hours and at least now I can encourage other's to flee from this man's teachings. The title is "Birth of a Savior," and if you could listen starting at the 1:43.00 mark through to 1:44.35, I think you would know right away if this is what you are looking for without wasting your time if I am off. This is really the only part of the entirety of this particular broadcast that matches your description on "sun" worship. He also goes off on a rant about a street preacher who doesn't celebrate Christmas hurting the feelings of those who do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZ2l1tkGIA
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Matthew 3:10 KJV

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 01:37:12 AM »
I don't believe that's the same video, but you did a good job on that research hunt because it's similar to what he teaches in the other Christmas teaching he did. I'm not sure I can use that because I really need the other video, but that was a good find, and it backs up what I've said about him in the past.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Joshua JZB

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »
I found one of Hoggard's videos called "Pagan Holiday Origins" where he compares Jesus with the sun. It was uploaded in 6 parts and in part 1/6 he quotes Matthew 17:1-2 where Jesus was transfigured , emphasizing the part that says "and his face did shine as the sun", and then at 13:48 of the video he says "I worship the Son of God, S-O-N. Who is like the sun rising. Whose face shines as the sun. Why? Because he's the light of the world."

He continues in the second part to compare the equinoxes and solstices as representing the birth, death, resurrections of Christ. At 9:03 he says, "The devil did not design the winter solstice, summer solstice, or the spring or fall equinoxes. He did not design that. God did to show the gospel of Jesus Christ."  @14:19 he says "Every bit of this is designed to show the birth, the death, and the rebirth of Jesus Christ."

In parts 3-5 he continues to say many more wacky (to say the least) thingsas he talks about pagan holidays. In part 6 he talks about Yule and Romans 14.
But nothing else that I thought that was too relevant. The first two parts are where he focuses on sun related stuff.

Links for each of the parts:
1/6 https://youtu.be/cAoPjHra4ys
2/6 https://youtu.be/ocs_Yifv49g
3/6 https://youtu.be/Zt_Aj70Nn7c
4/6 https://youtu.be/H5cjo9FaGCc
5/6 https://youtu.be/5vt4oF-mthc
6/6 https://youtu.be/uMVyijxpRfQ

He is sitting in a news-like desk and there is a monitor and squares which matches your description except for the squares are not blue in this video. I found videos where he has a similar setup that does have a bunch of blue squares (an example video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRctgDkTGC4) but I couldn't find any that had that this exact setup with a relevant topic to Christmas. The ones that I thought might have a vaguely relevant topic, I didn't hear him mention the sun. Seems like he only used that video setup for a period of a year or two from what I could see on his main youtube channel. This video I found was on his older youtube channel. I just found another youtube channel that has videos of his that I'll have a look at if this isn't a close enough or exact match.
For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. - Psalm 74:12

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 06:00:08 PM »
Oooo! Good find. I can't verify it yet; I'll need to go over them tomorrow, but it looks promising.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 12:06:41 PM »
I'm already seven minutes into the first video, and I'm pretty sure this is the series I remember. That's extremely helpful. I'm going to pull some quotes out of this, and I'll see if I can use the one David found too. Good job guys.  8)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 01:14:26 PM »
Part 2... ugh...

This is why I cannot stand listening to these guys. About one minute into part 2, he says "Did you know that every day people go to sleep, and then wake up, and that's been going on for thousands of years?"

*gasp* You're kidding?!

The senselessness of the preaching of these men is almost unbelievable, but people just eat it right up and don't think about what he's saying at all. Blows my mind. ???

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 01:19:34 PM »
I gotta' add to that because I'm still listening to this guy's nonsense. It just gives them something to say. That's all that is. These guys have so little to actually say, they try to put profound things into nothing because they have nothing relevant to talk about. And the fact that these guys keep increasing their followers and make all this money is just insane, but it proves what we have learned in Scripture.

For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
-Titus 1:10-11

I'm going to lose my mind after a while because he is sitting there talking about how people get up, get to work, then get tired in the evening. Good thing he's there to give us understanding of things we cannot fathom. ::)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 02:15:52 PM »
He claims that the falling away of people (i.e. those false converts who claim they were Christians but were not), he claims is like the sun going down in the evening. Listening to this guy is form of torture.

theAXEisLAID

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 11
    • View Profile
  • First Name: David
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 10:29:43 PM »
I am really glad that Joshua found the video. I was actually dreading going through anymore of this man's lectures but look forward to the exposé.
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Matthew 3:10 KJV

Joshua JZB

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 11:11:42 AM »
That's great to hear!  :D

I'm glad both of you found listening to him as painful as I did, I had to pause him a few times so that I had long enough to be dumbfounded at what I was hearing. I think his explanation of the falling away was one of those times.
It's amazing how you can make the Bible say anything you want as long as you don't pay attention to the context or what it's actually saying. There's no shortage of profound and amazing messages in scripture but it's like he goes on and tries to makes up his own profound messages. And I thinks that's why he has so much vain talking like you say Chris, I was noticing that too. It's like he needs to say so many words to try and distract us that he's pulling what he's saying out of thin air. Like a student trying to hit the word count on an essay. But I guess that's what you need to do to run a ministry without the Holy Spirit to teach you.

That being said, I am glad to not have to listen to him as well David haha
For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. - Psalm 74:12

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2021, 01:58:19 PM »
I've still got just a little bit more of his stuff to go through, but I couldn't take any more of it on Thursday. I needed to work on other parts of my book for a week so I could have break from him before I could stand him a bit more. Perhaps I've been saved long enough that, I can no longer remember what it was like to listen to this kind of garbage and think it was edifying. Nowadays, it's like watching a person eat literal garbage from the trash, and I get the same nauseous feeling in my stomach as seeing people listen to Hoggard preach.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2021, 02:31:21 PM »
Chris, having never listened to Mike Hoggard I decided to give this a try. I have found about two minutes of this two hour online broadcast that I think fits the description you're looking for. I watched and listened to the two full hours and at least now I can encourage other's to flee from this man's teachings. The title is "Birth of a Savior," and if you could listen starting at the 1:43.00 mark through to 1:44.35, I think you would know right away if this is what you are looking for without wasting your time if I am off. This is really the only part of the entirety of this particular broadcast that matches your description on "sun" worship. He also goes off on a rant about a street preacher who doesn't celebrate Christmas hurting the feelings of those who do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZ2l1tkGIA
Yep, I ended up using that for my book. I had never heard this teaching he gave before, but it is a summarized statement of what he said in the other teaching he gave on Christmas. That was useful too, thanks. 8)