Author Topic: Jesus Movies  (Read 5333 times)

davehenry

Jesus Movies
« on: June 04, 2018, 01:45:01 PM »
Would watching a jesus movie be a form of idolatry,or graven image,for a better word?
I have watched jesus of Nazareth,the book of Matthew(niv) and the book of Luke quite a while ago,Luke supposed to be KJV but the English changes from old to new quickly.Nobody has the right to play such a role,and of course scripture has been added to and taken away from the movies.Nowhere in the Bible does it say what the Lord Jesus Christ looks like,we do know he had a beard as Isaiah 50:6 says
I gave my back to the smiters,and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair:I hid not my face from shame.
The rest in those movies(apart from the visual bible-Matthew,have long hair,altho the book of Luke actor Brian Deacon had around shoulder length hair and was still effeminant looking and 1 Corinthians 11:14says,It is a shame for a man to have long hair and the catholic "jesus" has long hair,so does one of the ascended masters Sananda Emanuel strangely enough.

Masha

Re: Jesus Movies
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 07:22:42 AM »
Hi there,
I would seriously discourage you from watching such movies. The Bible says:Exo 20:4
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: That is for a reason. It is also for a reason there are hardly any clues to what Jesus looked like. Fact is that when we watch movies like, we get influenced(Images condition our brain) by a fake truth, a fake Jesus and a bunch of false doctrines.
You might just have a desire to watch a movie?? That is a fleshly old lustfull thing from your past. There are no hollywoodmovies out there that I would recommend, not one. (1Th 5:22
Abstain from all appearance of evil. )
If you have a problem reading the Word, audio Bible KJV on youtube is a good alternative. And Chris has plenty of interesting SOUND teachings to listen to also. Those would all be a far better option than any of the movies that are supposingly about Jesus.

I have read a article that claimed the image of Jesus (google it!) is one that came from a contest organised by a pope between Leonardo da Vince and Michelangelo. Michelangelo' s painting of his homosexual partner, Ceasar Borgia, won the contest and is now the general image of Jesus.

davehenry

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 09:40:28 AM »
Hiya Masha.I have watched those movies in the past,but not for quite some time.It did cross my mind a while back and i started to watch the mormon version of the life of Jesus being KJV to see how accuracte it was compared to the others.It didn't take long,but my conscience started to get extreemly heavy which for a short time @ least took away any peace i had.In a way,if i can explain this right.The Devil used scripture to try and trick the Lord Jesus Christ by twisting Psalms 91:12-13 when he said
If thou be the Son of God,cast thyself down:for it is written,He shall give his angels charge concerning thee:and in their hands they  shall bear thee up,lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.But Psalms 91:11-12 actually says
For he shall give his angels concerning thee in all thy ways.They shall bear thee up in their hands,lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Extreemely subtle but he is good at what he does.
In a way he used scripture as he would do with many through cults and false prophets to try and fool me into watching the full movie as i did a long time ago with those others but praise God for the comforter or i would've.I just thought I'd ask to see other believers thoughts on.When on youtube watching documentries,or listening to teachings ads always come up now for hollyweird movies and they make one feel SICK,i've no idea how anybody could sit through any of them.I have KJV audio on cd(Andrew Zorski)is the narrator and is fantastic but could make one lazy @ times and easy to not actually study.I find it hard to read and but for the Holy Spirit i wouldn't be able to read or study God's word.It takes alot of effort to read anything other than God's word which is a joy to read to say the least.Thanx you so much for for replying.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:04:53 AM by davehenry »

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 04:38:45 PM »
The book (i.e. the Bible) is way better than any movie ever could be and gives the accurate description of the events.  The images you form in your mind while reading it is excellent entertainment in itself.  The same goes for all of the books of the Bible.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
I have an ad-blocker extension on my browser so I don't see any of the ads on YouTube. Blocks ads on most websites, too. Of course some of those websites don't want to let you see their content if you don't allow ads (because that's how they make their money) but I can usually find the info I want somewhere else.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 10:00:46 PM »
I use a program called youtube-dl and I just had a check and it is available for MS Windows too. 

I use youtube-dl because it downloads the video as an mp4 or other formats you may wish to have and only the video gets downloaded and stored on your hard drive (No Adverts).  (youtube-dl stands for Youtube Download).  I also use it because it means you can also watch content that is not interrupted by breaks in transmission due to internet buffering etc)

https://youtube-dl.org/
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

davehenry

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 09:17:22 AM »
does that youtube-dl work on windows 10 pro?my windows 10 stopped working a while back on pc and a guy put in windows 10 pro which is a weird program to use for some reason.Would be great to get rid on those adverts on youtube.Have had adblocker b4 but some ads still showed.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 09:22:30 AM »
RealPlayer is also a free program you can use to download videos. That's the one I use.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »
I'm not sure if the Youtube-dl works in Windows 10 but I would be surprised if it didn't.  I have never used Windows10 but if I needed something that works on Windows I would just go with Jeanne's recommendation of using RealPlayer.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 11:05:56 PM »
There are great movies out there I recommend for Christians.  Here is just a few to get a Christian started in history of the bible
lamp in the dark
Tares among the wheat
bridge to Babylon
you can watch them free on YouTube

davehenry

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »
I have those on dvd,they are excellent and recommend anybody who wants to know the true bible version issue to watch them.All of Chris Pinto's documentaries are very good.The Kinsey syndrome,Maggido the march to Armaggedon 1 and 2.Part 4 of the untold history of the Bible I think is out in 2019.I have some Christian movies on penstick I downloaded from a movie website a while back(paid for)apart from one which is on youtube for free that I downloaded called DO YOU BELIEVE,which is quite good.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:26:12 PM by davehenry »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 04:39:27 PM »
Not all of Chris Pinto's documentaries are good... they seem good on the surface. Based on my research, he has had a habit of taking some quotes out of their context, and I'm not saying I've never made that error myself, but I'm correctable; that's the difference.

We have to understand that hundreds of other people read these forums folks. We need to be cautious of making blanket statements that something is "very good," when we may not know how much someone may be deceived by what they're seeing and hearing. However, that being said, in the end, we have nothing more we can do except let the Spirit of God guide and protect each of us for that which we don't understand.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

davehenry

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 01:20:02 PM »
Thanx Chris.Sorry,i'll be more careful in future.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 05:40:20 PM »
In ,Maggido the march to Armaggedon part 1 he said somethings that are just not true like how the devil made copy cat religions before Jesus came to earth.  He even quotes David icke on how many religions had a child born of a virgin. But this is just not true.  There are Web sites out there that will offer money to any one who can find any evidence that before Christ, other religions had some one born to a virgin.  There are other things as well like he will quote some founding fathers of America how they were men of GOD but in other videos he claims they really are not Christians. It also could be too he had others help him research but never check there work

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 11:08:17 PM »
In the one about the founding fathers being freemasons, most of the quotes are accurate (except the one at the very beginning which he takes out of context), but the problem is he only covers the most famous five. Many of the other founders were not freemasons, but he doesn't mention any of them because some of them were POWs, and others were not able to be present at the signing of the Declaration.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Masha

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 03:12:42 AM »
I would suggest to stick to study Gods word, and leave the other stuff at bay.
God is not the author of confusion, and this world is. God s Word is true.