Author Topic: Sacrilege in churches  (Read 449 times)

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Bill
  • Belief: Christian
Sacrilege in churches
« on: January 14, 2023, 07:17:44 AM »
I’m consistently on the lookout for an unleavened church to attend. I so miss fellowship with like minded believers. I’ve been watching One church close to where i live, but it didn’t take long to see that it wasn’t one I could be a part of. I take note of what churches put out on their marquee. It can tell you a lot about what goes on inside the building. During the Christmas holiday this particular church building had “HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS” on it’s marquee.  There is Something about that that really offends me. It just seems wrong on multiple levels.
Share your Christian testimony. Use words if necessary.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Sacrilege in churches
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 08:27:33 AM »
From Christmas: Rejecting Jesus

This demonstrates that the Lord Jesus Christ does not like people who try to ride the fence and stay neutral. He would rather that they show some genuine interest or curiosity to do more research, or on the other hand, get angry. He wants them to pick a side, and in most cases, when someone is presented with information like what I have written in this book, and they have little or no reaction, adding in some casual, self-serving excuses like, "Well, TO ME, it's all about Jesus," that is when we can verify we are talking with a lukewarm person who has no interest in what is pleasing to God, and it is almost impossible to have a conversation with someone who has closed their eyes and ears.

And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not. And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
-Acts 28:24-27

So again, I would say that Christians need to stop judging according to the outward appearance of a matter, namely, if someone has a Christmas tree up in their window, or if they have a Christmas wreath on their front door. If that household is not of Christ (whether they claim to be or not), then whether they participate in Christmas rituals or not will make no difference, and as I have already stated in this book, the rejection of the Christmas celebration is not a requirement for saving grace in Jesus Christ. Rather, we should judge righteous judgment by presenting the information to those who claim to be of Christ, and see how they react to it.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 08:35:10 AM »
I suppose in a way we should be grateful that so many are easy to spot if you know the truth about certain "holidays" and strange traditions, I'd say keep praying that you'll be directed to one.

I'd say just always be on the lookout, because we live in an age where people think hares and eggs represent the work Christ did on the cross, buildings are flimsy enough to collapse into themselves at free fall speed after a tap on one side, no pastor would ever lie, all politicians are honest and a cold virus is more deadly than the bubonic plague...somehow...all on the say so of someone that other people exalt.

I guess that's the lesson here, always test what a church building teaches against the bible, because recommendations aren't always beyond reproach.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 06:59:28 PM »
Thanks Chris! I just personally find it distasteful to portray Christ as a regular man with a birthday. Kinda rediculous, and demeaning.

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 12:06:43 PM »
It's a sad truth about leavened church buildings, they don't care about distasteful, because most are so bound up in idolatry of serving something they call Jesus they've created in their own head, that they've taken after the SJW types that most of them will also openly condemn...if it hurts their feelings, it must be wrong.

Isn't hard to chart a course as to how it might have happened, I mean with so many people putting importance on birthdays, then obviously the worldly church buildings would (falsely) but logically conclude that Jesus' birthday must be the most important of all. I can understand why it isn't specified in the bible either because if it were, then the problem of "It's Jesus' birthday, YOU MUST CELEBRATE IT OR ELSE YOU'RE ANATHEMA!" would be so...much...worse!

Actually the more I think about it, the more modern church buildings are becoming more and more gnostic in their core philosophy...we have a book that has things laid out, the best interpreter in The Holy Spirit...and so many people want to add things to what's required...makes my head hurt thinking about it but it all stems from pride "we did this so we must be good"...so many people are blinded by that pride that the whole argument they love using "don't judge christian brothers" and "the scholars say:" or "I have a DD, I know more than you now shut up." also "What would you know? you're not an expert on the matter"...I tried telling a pastor about christmas and telling him that I was in paganism once and yes, saturnalia and yule are holy days to them, but there's also the other supposed argument "that's not what it means to me".

These people really don't know the occultic mind set, ever wonder why you see so many statues of Mary and catholic "saints" in Haiti and Jamaica yet they are basically ground zero for modern day voodoo? Because their "queen of the spirits" or erzulie and the virgin Mary represent the same deity to them, even Wikipedia of all places refers to erzulie as "The Black Madonna of Częstochowa"...so in paganism of all types around the world, you can worship the same god under many different names in many different ways, the face is nothing more than an icon for people to look to, which I'm pretty sure is one reason why the LORD God gave us the second commandment in Exodus 20:4:

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: {20:5} Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;"

Also something to think about, once time ceases to exist, what will dates and times matter? I think one of the reasons God will reject them is found in Romans 1:24: "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: {1:25} Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."

Every single pagan tradition worships a thing but openly reject the creator of those things, and if you look at it really closely, those who hold close to those supposed holy days do exactly the same thing.

Sorry for going on about it a bit, it just really frustrates me when even just trying to tell people about christmas or easter or similar times of year and what they really mean, most don't want to know and act like you slapped their disabled child if you try and show evidence that not only are these celebrations not biblical, they are out right evil.  :-[
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 06:11:08 PM »
If it's "all about Jesus," then why do they have to tell us every year that it's "all about Jesus?" ???
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 02:22:14 PM »
If I had to guess, to a certain degree it's self induced brainwashing. Can't find it in the bible or find it's discouraged or even condemned in scripture? Just keep telling yourself it's okay and it must be, after all, your feelings wouldn't lie to you would they?

Sad thing is for a lot of people it works, and it's probably why they get so defensive or aggressive when a tradition they've worshipped all their life is challenged.

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2023, 05:27:30 AM »
I believe tradition plays a major role. I mean, from the cradle Christmas traditions are presented to us in our culture, and churches tell us that Christmas is all about Jesus. Most never bother to question what they’ve been told since birth is the norm. Plus, anyone who dares not participate in the nonsensical festivities is branded a scrooge. That alone should give people pause when they’re told “it’s all about Jesus.” I personally think it’s all very demeaning to Him.