Author Topic: Speaking in one language!!  (Read 2128 times)

Jephte21

Speaking in one language!!
« on: June 18, 2018, 05:15:35 AM »
The bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:8 that whether there be tongues, they shall cease
does it mean that we will cease to speak in different tongues, and will speak one language as we were before the Lord confound our language. That would be awesome if all of us could speak in one tongue before our father in heaven.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Speaking in one language!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 06:00:29 AM »
I don't think the Bible is clear on this, but yes, I do believe there will be one heavenly language that everyone will speak. It may or may not be the language that was spoken before the Tower of Babel.

That's just my personal opinion, however.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »
It could mean that the gift of tongues will cease.  God has a universal language, he speaks and it obays. Like he spoke to the mountains to rise up and it was so. Or the valley to sink down. Even the seas to come up and go no further.  So I would think in heaven we all will speak one language. I do know we have a amazing God. After all he did have a donkey speak to a man. Or what about the beast in heaven? They spoke to john. I can't wait to find out when I get to be with the father

Masha

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 03:17:50 AM »
Lot of assumption come up with these kind of questions. Wouldn't it be nice if.....
Yes we all have ideas and hopes, I do too, but the Word says:
1Co 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly;7 but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

We just do not see the whole picture, and some things that we cannot answer from the Word God has given us, we will not know the answer to.

I find it kinda logical that we would go back to one language , as there would npt be any more need for it all to be different, as we will not be disopbedient to God and try to match His power no more. That was the reason for God to create different languages at the tower of Babel. Yet I cannot find a clear answer to it from the Bible so I suggest it is something God has no interest in letting us know. He must have a good reasson for that. So I do not worry about it, and have stopped trying to answer the question.