Author Topic: Did the moon landing occur?  (Read 356 times)

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
  • Belief: Christian
Did the moon landing occur?
« on: January 28, 2023, 04:15:22 PM »
Hello everyone, I hope all of you are doing well.

What are your thoughts on the moon landing in 1969. Do you believe that it occurred, or do you believe that it was faked.

I agree that this is a very controversial question, but it would be great if I got an answer.

I used to be undecided on the issue, but the "jump height" problem (why didn't the astronauts jump higher than .42 meters) is interesting. What do you all make of the 1969 moon landing?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 04:26:58 PM by Dan7 »
"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
Re: Did the moon landing occur?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 04:35:52 PM »
It's one of those things that I think a lot of people didn't think about until it's pointed out. Did the moon landing actually occur? I have no idea, I wasn't there, although there was enough of an adversarial relationship between the USA and Russia at the time to make a case for why NASA would fake it, after all, Russia almost won the space race with the first satellite in orbit and the first man in orbit (although the Iron Curtain had a big reputation for simply blasting propaganda so who knows what the real story is there either.)

With the video of the moon landing though, it's not just a problem with the jumping height (especially with the moon's gravity only being about 16% of what the earth is, Armstrong should have been jumping like he was in a Chinese Wushu film), but there's also dust thrown up from the moon buggy's wheels (seems very much like what you'd get on earth,) and there are a few shots where the shadows on certain objects do not hit the ground at the same angle. Let's also not forget that the film probably didn't survive because they would have been using old celluloid film, and without earth's atmosphere to filter out the rays from the sun, the film would have cooked quite easily, and yes, the astronauts themselves cooking in thin foil suits in the vacuum of space is also brought into question, considering just getting an X-ray at the hospital requires a lead apron to shield yourself. Also, somehow they were able to transmit a recording like that LIVE back to earth? They would have been using radio frequency at best and I doubt that travels very well in a vacuum.

Another interesting point is that on one netflix documentary series called "conspiracies" (if I remember right), someone who was trying to prove the moon landing was a fake actually tracked down Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to ask them about the landing and things got very heated very quickly, it was like a reporter going after a dodgy home builder who scammed families out of money, it wasn't "yes, I was there, we even brought back all these samples" etc, they got violently defensive. I think someone else was interviewed who was trying to defend the moon landing as real and I think their only response that was put in the program was "Oh, come on, you don't believe that nonsense do you?" (if someone generally says that, then it's a good sign they're hiding something.)

In short I don't believe the footage that made world wide news was real for a second, there's too many holes in the story and too many points of question. I'd be more inclined to say it was faked for not only national pride and international political reasons but I don't have anything solid to say that no one has ever been to the moon. I think it's another case of the official story was fiction, and there were probably other reasons why the deception, but I'm not an insider so I can only speculate as to what the real story was.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 04:47:29 PM »

NASA admits that they haven't discovered a way to get through the Van Allen radiation belt, and that they can't send anyone through it yet because it would cook them to death.

So... how did they do it in 1969? ???
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 04:49:16 PM »
Ummm...hippie magick?

Guarantee that's a more sensible answer than the defenders of the moon landing would probably give.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 10:30:25 PM »
I find this verse interesting in light of the discussion here:

The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men. (Psalm 115:16)

This verse is worth considering too:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:28)

My understanding of the first verse is that God has made the earth for mankind, and this is where He wants mankind to stay. He does not want us travelling into outer space, trying to colonise other planets and suchlike. All that belongs to Him. It's not for us. In the Bible, the only time that anyone travels beyond the earth is when God supernaturally transports them in the spirit (examples include Isaiah, Ezekiel, Paul and John). And when He does that, it is NOT to take them to the Moon or another planet, but to show them something about Heaven or the supernatural world generally. Sometimes, as in John's case, it is to give them a prophecy of the future, and show the spiritual activities that will behind the events on Earth when those things come to pass.

The second verse also tells us that God wants mankind to replenish, subdue and have dominion over THE EARTH. There is no command to go to the Moon, or Mars, and subdue them. So given that part of God's will for man is to live on the earth that He has created and given to us, it seems reasonable to conclude that He has made it very difficult, if not impossible, for mankind to travel beyond the limits of Earth, even to make a relatively "short" journey to the Moon.

When you think about it, the desire of man to travel beyond the earth is a symptom of pride (wanting to be "as gods", because it would feel pretty godlike to take over other planets), rebellion against God and discontent. Hebrews 13:5 instructs us to be content with such things as we have, so that would, I believe, extend to being content with living on this earth (until our appointed time to die comes, or the Rapture, whichever is first). For that matter, there is an element of covetousness attached to wanting to live on other planets. Essentially, man is coveting what God has said belongs to Him.

It does therefore seem likely, purely from a Scriptural understanding of how God has set up the heavens and earth, that the Moon landings were faked. If they had been real, you would think they would have been continued and that maybe even some sort of space station would have been established on the Moon. But if they were fake, then maybe NASA discontinued them before the ruse could be exposed. Money would have been an issue too - it would have cost billions to either travel into space or construct an elaborate hoax about it. (Although money didn't seem to be too much of an object for the space shuttles in the '80s and '90s.) As for the motive, it may well have been American pride (wanting to get one over on the Soviet Union). However, I think it was as much to do with human pride generally - exalting man, making people believe that man is capable of more than he actually is. It's probably the exact same rebellious spirit that led to the Tower of Babel being built. Remember the motive for that?

And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. (Genesis 11:4)

This was possibly mankind's first attempt to go into outer space, although their aim was Heaven, not the Moon or other planets. Notice also that they didn't want to obey God's command to fill (replenish) the earth. They wanted to go straight up to Heaven by their own efforts (the Tower of Babel is, among other things, a symbol of works salvation). So they too were motivated by pride and rebellion. They wanted to make a name for themselves and create something for their own glory. Likewise, the Moon landings were all about glorifying man. Nothing new under the sun.

If the Moon landings were faked, it makes you wonder about some of the satellite imagery that we sometimes see - especially of Mars. So-called footage of Mars looks suspiciously like the Australian outback (which has a tremendous abundance of red soil). With modern drone technology, it probably wouldn't be that hard to plonk a drone in the middle of the outback somewhere and get it to send camera footage back to NASA headquarters. They could then edit out any signs of earthly life (like flies buzzing everywhere) and say "Hey, look, here's some new satellite imagery from Mars!" Not saying they're definitely doing that, just that it would be a fairly easy way to create fake footage. They could probably do it in the American deserts as well and just play around with colour effects. But with a higher population density in the States, they'd have more chance of getting caught. Even if that footage purportedly from Mars is somehow real, it's feeding into man's foolish imagination and wicked desire to travel beyond the earth that God has given us to live on.

Just as a side note, many (or most) flat-earthers believe the Moon landings were faked, because the photos supposedly taken on the Moon show a spherical earth. So one of their arguments (which I have come across) is that if the Moon landings were fake, the spherical earth is too. They conflate the two things, which is a logical fallacy. Moreover, even if it can be proven that the Moon landings were faked (and therefore the photos are frauds), there are still way too many indications that we can observe on Earth to show it's a sphere. In fact, we don't need NASA's photos at all. Real or fake, they're irrelevant. But it's a shame that if NASA has deceived us with the Moon landings, it facilitates other deceptions and encourages people in them.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 10:41:20 PM by Rowan M. »
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 01:35:22 PM »
It's all just another giant money laundering scheme. 

Lots of fake science thrown in too.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 03:12:50 PM »
Hello everyone, thank you for all of your responses.

It's safe to say that I am convinced: Neil Armstrong did not set foot on the moon.

Here are some resources I used (along with the ones presented here on the forum) to come to the conclusion that the moon landing was faked:

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Apollo_program

https://youtu.be/xciCJfbTvE4 (Bart Sibrel's Documentary; skip to the timestamp 34:26... interesting to say the least)

You may find them helpful as well. 
"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2