Author Topic: The Burden of America  (Read 300 times)

OsoWeakbutHeIsStrong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 54
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Annalisa
  • Belief: Other
The Burden of America
« on: February 12, 2023, 03:10:21 PM »
Currently I'm reading through the book of Isaiah and will be going through all the books of the prophets, so I was just wondering if anybody could tell me if this wicked country is mentioned anywhere in prophecy?  I see that in Isaiah 14:26 that all the nations are mentioned:

This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.
Isaiah 14:26

This would inlude America (I'm assuming) since it does give a hint with the words, "In that day" in verse 3 of the same chapter.

Interestingly, I typed accidentally typed in Isaiah 26:14 when I was trying to type in 14:26.  I got them backward, but that chapter also starts out with, "In that day" and if you read verse 14, I wonder if this is also all the nations.

They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
Isaiah 26:14

I don't know. I realize that the WHOLE WORLD lies in wickedness, and it's all going to go through the worst time in the history of the world.

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matthew 24:21

I guess I just want to see the words, "The Burden of America", but God did not include that because, of course, I'm sure that it wouldn't have made sense for the prophets to say such a thing.

Maybe someone could help me out with this?

Also, am I correct in my understanding that when I read the words, "In that day" (in prophecy) that we are talking about the time from the tribulation clear up to the millenial Kingdom?

Thanks for any help with this.

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
  • Belief: Christian
Re: The Burden of America
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 12:16:11 PM »
Hello Annalisa,

I've wondered this as well, and from what I've heard, the United States is not mentioned directly in the Bible, just as many other nations are not mentioned in the Bible. If I'm not mistaken, this is because of one of two things:

1) The United States will fail to exist as a country in the end times.

or

2) The United States will (is) be one of the multitudes of nations that God will judge for rejecting him

Throughout the Bible, we've seen sinful cities and nations far and wide (Sodom, Gomorrah, Corinth, etc...). The United States is no different. Hence, there probably isn't any particular reason for any Bible prophet to mention it by name. However, there are many people who view different passages in Revelation as referring to the United States, but I believe that the passages they use are too vague to tie to any particular nation.

"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
Re: The Burden of America
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 04:13:13 PM »
I have heard it said that Isaiah 9:10 is referring to America, but I am still not convinced of that. However, the verses do show the pride of those nations God has destroyed or will destroy because they think they can "build back better:"

"9 And all the people shall know, even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart,
10 The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars."

This is what I think of whenever a politician says "build back better." God will destroy the nations for their wickedness and pride. Those that think they can build it again better than before are wrong. Just like you said Annalise, they will be destroyed for rejecting God.

Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

I think everything currently happening is just showing us that God has already turned away from America.

I also think you are correct about the meaning of "in that day." It might even include whatever is about to happen.

And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Isaiah 12:4
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Matthew 24:36

These all refer to the future. We have not seen them happen yet.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13