Author Topic: Bless Israel to be blessed?  (Read 226 times)

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
  • Belief: Christian
Bless Israel to be blessed?
« on: February 13, 2023, 12:06:03 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was on the site gotquestions.org (which I know spews out faulty "interpretations"), and they claimed the following on their page on Bible prophecy:

"The United States of America has historically been one of Israel’s most faithful allies, and God’s promise to Abraham, “I will bless those who bless you” (Genesis 12:3a), has resulted in America’s success. But if America turns its back on Israel, it will lose God’s favor: “Whoever curses you I will curse” (Genesis 12:3b)."

I also came across a website that claimed that Hurricane Katrina changed its course in a dramatic way right after the United States government made some decisions that favored Israel's enemies.

I've never really understood this. Does God's promise to Abraham live on to this day?

Here is an excerpt from a website I came across whose author believes that God's Genesis 12 promise is void: "Interestingly, when Modern Israel was founded in 1948 the only Muslim countries to have recognized it first were the non-Semitic, non-Arab countries of Turkey and Iran, because the people of these two countries share the same bloodline as both the Ashkenazim and the Sephardim."

This website is arguing that there is no more Hebrew race, as the Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews come from non-Semitic blood (and they point to Genesis 10 to prove their claim). Is this claim correct? Does the Hebrew race not exist anymore? Does God's promise to Abraham still apply to the United States today?

I've heard many differing opinions on the subject of blessing and cursing Israel, and would appreciate an answer. Does God's promise to Abraham in Genesis 12 still apply today? Are the Jews of Israel today truly non-Semetic?

Thanks
"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2