Author Topic: My Zeal Hath Consumed Me  (Read 282 times)

OsoWeakbutHeIsStrong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 54
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Annalisa
  • Belief: Other
My Zeal Hath Consumed Me
« on: February 20, 2023, 03:12:42 PM »
As I was reading in the book of Psalms, I came across this verse:

My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
Psalm 119:139

It reminded me of this verse:

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
Psalm 69:9

Which then also reminded me of this verse:

“And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.”
John 2:17

Obviously Psalm 69:9 is a prophecy that points to the Lord's righteous anger when He saw the wickedness that was happening in the temple.  This is made clear in John 2:17. 

My question would be, is Psalm 119:139 another verse that points to Jesus and this moment where we see Him being provoked?

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
  • Belief: Christian
Re: My Zeal Hath Consumed Me
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 11:27:44 AM »
Psalm 119:139 states that the zeal has consumed David because his enemies forgot God's commandments.

Jesus stated, "Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise". The Jews here had clearly forgotten (or ignored) God's commandments.

Therefore, it sure seems like Psalm 119:139 is pointing to Jesus and his actions in the temple of merchants. 
"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2