Author Topic: KJV Bible for kids  (Read 1345 times)

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Bill
  • Belief: Christian
KJV Bible for kids
« on: March 18, 2023, 09:50:51 AM »
Id like opinions whether a KJV bible for kids is necessary, appropriate, and safe. Im looking to get one for my grandkids, but something is causing me to have reservations about it. I suppose it’s knowing how most everything today is being deceptively altered. That, and the fact that I’ll be ordering it without having the opportunity to review it first hand. Although, id certainly review it before giving it to them. Has anyone had experience with these?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 10:06:11 AM by Btrudy »
Share your Christian testimony. Use words if necessary.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: KJV Bible for kids
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 10:50:01 AM »
What exactly might be inappropriate or unsafe for children in the KJV?
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 11:13:27 AM »
Anything that’s been deceptively altered. It’d no longer be a King James Bible of course, but that wouldn’t stop someone from calling it that to make a sale.  I approach everything with caution and discernment in our age of deception.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 11:27:37 AM »
What would you compare one to?
What did you compare yours to?
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 01:41:49 PM »
To my King James bible as I indicated in my original comment. As I also mentioned I’d be ordering it sight unseen. I just thought someone here might have insight they could share to help. No big deal!

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 01:45:46 PM »
How do you know yours isn't deceptively altered?
Did you compare it against something?

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 02:01:48 PM »
I respectfully submit to you that Im not going to allow this to be turned into a debate. If you can’t share a related experience or opinion that’s perfectly fine.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 02:10:27 PM »
I'm simply enquiring as to what metric you suggest we use to vet a KJV we might buy online.
And, how did you come to the conclusion that your Bible hasn't been deceptively altered, there by making inappropriate and unsafe?

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2023, 02:43:06 PM »
Did you actually read my original comment? Why are you trying to lead me in a direction totally unrelated to what i asked for? Are you not sure how to determine the God authorship of a King James bible? If you aren’t there’s an excellent teaching on it right here on CLE. It’s really good!

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2023, 02:49:16 PM »
You asked us to vet a KJV for your grandkids.
If one were to do that on your behalf what do you expect that person compare the potential online purchase against in order to verify it to be appropriate and safe for your grandkids?

I'm also curious how you determined the KJV you read isn't unsafe and inappropriate for you.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 02:51:20 PM by Kenneth Winslow »

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2023, 03:22:42 PM »
I never used the word “vet”.  Do you honestly think Im going to go with what you, or anyone else here says without question? If you do you’re being presumptuous. I asked for opinions hoping for some meaningful dialogue to help me do my own vetting.  Instead, it seems you’re more interested in a debate.
To answer your question in regards to what metric I use to verify the authenticity of a King James bible I simply say this; hopefully the same one you do.
Im through commenting to you about this Kenneth.
Enjoy the rest of your day

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2023, 03:31:48 PM »
Nonetheless, that is what you asked of us.

We are unable to respond to your request  effectively if you don't clearly identify what appropriate and safe standard we should be using.

BTW, asking for clarification on a matter is not debate.
It's curious that our conversation speaks to you that way.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2023, 05:03:55 PM »
I asked for opinions hoping for some meaningful dialogue to help me do my own vetting.
Since you are capable of doing your own vetting wouldn't the charitable thing be to do the work yourself and then being the good information you've found to the group for everyone's benefit?

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2023, 05:43:31 PM »
Absolutely! I’m always thankful for an opportunity to share with others what I’ve learned to help them along, and if anyone asks I’ll do it.  That’s what I was looking for here today. We all need support at some time or another.
Thanks Kenneth
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 06:01:42 PM by Btrudy »

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2023, 10:00:42 PM »
Id like opinions whether a KJV bible for kids is necessary, appropriate, and safe. Im looking to get one for my grandkids, but something is causing me to have reservations about it. I suppose it’s knowing how most everything today is being deceptively altered. That, and the fact that I’ll be ordering it without having the opportunity to review it first hand. Although, id certainly review it before giving it to them. Has anyone had experience with these?

Anything that’s been deceptively altered. It’d no longer be a King James Bible of course, but that wouldn’t stop someone from calling it that to make a sale.  I approach everything with caution and discernment in our age of deception.

I'm a little confused as to what you are asking specifically. Are you looking for a 'kids version' of a King James Bible or are you looking for an "unaltered," regular King James Bible?

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2023, 05:06:41 AM »
I’d asked for opinions whether a KJV bible for kids is necessary, appropriate, and safe. Im sorry, but there should be nothing difficult to understand about that. Ive shared my comment with six others, and they weren’t confused by it at all. So, It’s really strange that it’s such a confusing issue here.

Regardless, I’m checking into it. I’ll be happy to share what I find if someone is genuinely interested.

Thanks Timothy! Enjoy your day

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2023, 08:52:19 AM »
I mean, personally I am also confused and was hoping you'd answer Tim's question. Whether you're looking for a regular King James Version or a kid's version of a King James would completely change the answer to your question, so I don't understand why you're bothered that someone is asking you. It's great that the other 6 people you asked understood, but if you're here seeking fellowship with us, it's odd that you are getting defensive and not willing to clarify what you mean for those of us who don't understand.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2023, 10:08:35 AM »
I tabled the matter before our home church group yesterday (Perhaps I should have done that to begin with,) and we had a round table discussion about it. We’re still looking into it, but what we’re leaning towards at this point is that the King James bible can’t be made into a kid’s version without either adding to, or taking away from. This can be accomplished through foot notes or pictures, and the ones we’ve looked at so far do just that. Children are targets for deception, and we can’t be too careful.
As far as me seeking fellowship what I’ve experienced with this thread isn’t the sort that I’m in need of. I’d respectfully withdraw from the forum, but I see no way to do that which, I don’t understand.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2023, 10:19:33 AM »
 ??? Ok then. You don't delete your account to leave or anything like that. All you have to do is depart and go your separate way. Take care.

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2023, 12:20:40 PM »
Btrudy:

I'm not sure if you're going to see this if you're not on the forum anymore, but I'm going to try and figure this one out, if you do read it, feel free to correct me if I misunderstood you.

I'm guessing you're referring to how much of the bible should you elaborate on to the younger generation, possibly under the ages of 12, because let's be honest here, if the Bible was made into a movie, it would be rated for mature audiences. First off, don't ever go for another "version" because I haven't come across one yet that doesn't change the context of some vital doctrines. Second, don't ever treat children like they're stupid, and try not to make anything a mysterious taboo secret either, be direct, but also be age appropriate.

As for what to teach them? Well, teach in a language they can understand, a child can understand that a lie is bad, and Christ said no liar shall enter heaven. Revelation 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Once they understand the weight of their actions, that's when you can lead them through doctrines of repentance and faith which...well, depends on the child, take it on a case by case basis. And as far as other sections of the bible go, show them what the bible is talking about in context and guide them through what we can learn from them, for example you wouldn't go into the nitty gritty details of the story of David and Bathsheeba to a 5 year old or the intricate details of how gruesome the crucifixion was or the things in Israel that Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel were rebuking in the nation, but better yet go through how the bible says the family structure should be, how God is near to those who are of a contrite spirit, how we should be charitable to others, all of these kinds of things.

This is a major job that is for us, to raise the next generation in Christ as much as we can, it's something I'm scared to death about messing up when I have children, but with our children, as with the lost...we should never compromise the truth for ease of understanding...if they don't understand it yet, then we should pray and ask that God will give them understanding, but something essential we need as teachers is patience.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.