Author Topic: "He's already got us"  (Read 2004 times)

OsoWeakbutHeIsStrong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 54
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Annalisa
  • Belief: Other
"He's already got us"
« on: June 03, 2023, 08:07:01 PM »
Today I was passing out tracts and it went rather well (I passed out more than my goal).  However, I noticed that the people who didn't want to even take a tract or chat were the ones that said things like, "I'm already a resident of Heaven" or "I already read mine every day" (I wasn't passing out Bibles), but the one that really got me was "No thanks, He's already got us".  I barely heard what she said as the woman and her friend walked off, but then looking back over her shoulder she said, "I'm glad He has you too!"

I'm not very quick, but there was so much I could have said at that point.  There was no humility from what I could see as they walked off, but her comments stuck with me. 
...He's already got us.  I'm glad He has you too.
  It got me thinking, Wow, what a prize I am.  Isn't God just blessed to have us? (sarcasm)

Really, what would God want with me?  I kinda look at it the other way around because I did NOTHING to deserve salvation in Jesus. I wonder "why me?" sometimes.  Why would God lead ME to salvation?  I lived my whole life a fool and disgrace.  I'm surprised that He didn't give me over to a reprobate mind, but I don't think that "He's got me" now, so the Kingdom is that much better off.  Rather I think that I have received salvation all Glory to God!  Now I have HIM for a Father.

It's just a little experience that I had today that I wanted to share.  I was glad to have some conversations with people that I didn't expect and they went well.  One man said that he was "working on it".  I'm assuming that he meant salvation, so I told him that he couldn't work on it.  "Well what am I supposed to do?" he asked.  "I ask for forgiveness all the time".   I was then able to tell him that repentance is godly sorrow over sin, he must have repentance and faith and then gave him a bit of my testimony.  (He took a tract with him)

Anyway, the lady's comment made me ponder. 

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
Re: "He's already got us"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 08:28:12 AM »
It's not really a wonder why Pride is at the forefront of sin in t he bible...but it is definitely eye opening once you try to talk to someone who goes to a church building or claims to be a christian about any of these things...they don't want to know or think they have or pretend to have everything all figured out. For those kinds of people, Jesus Chris is an insurance policy, not their savior. This verse takes on a whole new light when you see it up close.

Matthew 7:14 "Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

And

Matthew 20:16 "So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen."

Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

OsoWeakbutHeIsStrong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 54
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Annalisa
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 11:31:43 AM »
It's not really a wonder why Pride is at the forefront of sin in t he bible

I think that pride and fear are at the root of all sins.  Every sin (that I can think of) involves these two motivators.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 07:44:25 AM »
for the love of money is the root of sin