Author Topic: Discussing Churchianity Positions  (Read 519 times)

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
  • Belief: Christian
Discussing Churchianity Positions
« on: June 28, 2023, 04:23:38 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was watching Chris's teaching on denominations (part 1), and I noticed he mentioned that positions like church administrator and church secretary have no foundation in scripture and are anti-biblical.

I had never thought about this before, and it's pretty interesting. I know of many preachers who rebuke false churches for having positions such as archbishops, or having dioceses or whatnot, but they have different positions in their church which are unbiblical.

What I wanted to ask, though, is how can I go about talking to, say, a church secretary or administrator, and convince them that their position is anti-biblical. They would probably tell me that archbishops exercise spiritual dominance over others, but that they themselves do not exercise spiritual dominance and only manage church events, finances, etc… How should I go about with these responses? What would you guys say?

I also wanted to add that when Chris mentioned that denominational/pastor conferences are unbiblical (and I agree that they are), how can I convince one who attends these that they are unbiblical?

Thanks
"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
Re: Discussing Churchianity Positions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 08:45:41 AM »
 The short answer is: you can not\will not be able to convince them. They have to discover they are false covers or at least they are following a false Christ and come out of the church buildings to understand it. The entire concept is foreign to them.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 02:19:55 PM »
Probably would also remember that he mentioned that a large number of church building administration and congregation don't want to hear a word about it. The admin is there to get a pay check first, and truth second (I tried talking to a "pastor" about just how christmas was pagan once, and he flat out refused to listen.).

The congregation are there often time to not only make themselves look good to others but also to themselves.

Feel free to try and talk to any of them about it but expect A LOT of stonewalling or down right name calling, I mean just look at the wild e-mail section.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

Dan7

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 07:46:54 PM »
Hello, I'm sorry if I said anything that warranted rebuke.

When I try to talk to, say, a church treasurer, they will tell me that they are just managing the finances of the church. Is it just the title they have that is wrong?
"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 12:55:21 PM »
Don't get me wrong, please, I'm not saying you shouldn't talk about the church model as it exists today being unbiblical, nor if someone is a church building "treasurer" then they're doing something iffy, I mean, if they're doing their job and doing it honestly, then fantastic.

What I'm saying is, if you really are compelled by the Holy Spirit to talk to someone about how denominations are unbiblical, the pastor should be a servant, not an object of worship, or the traditions that a lot of them observe are at best unbiblical and at worst straight up witchcraft, expect a swift and heavy pushback from some. People are scared of many things when it comes to questioning their church building or it's leadership, for some it's questioning if they were ever saved, or if the pastor is doing the right thing, or if they've spent decades wasting their time going there. People hate to think that they might have been lied to by someone they trusted and they'll possibly hate you for even suggesting that concept to them.

This attitude is nothing new though, the Israelites hated the prophets who warned of God's impending judgement on their wickedness, the Pharisees hated Jesus Christ for even suggesting that they were blind and were not of God, and the apostles were persecuted for simply preaching the gospel. In the book of Revelation 10:9 it says:

"And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take [it,] and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey."

I'm not sure if this is referring to something that was specific to John or not, but I think it's a good metaphor for the bible as well, it's simple and the words are sweet to hear in a lot of cases, but the truth of a lot of it can judge us to the point where we can feel sick to our stomach when it makes us realise where we're falling short. Just as with repentance, not many people will accept it as a failing on their part, after all, even our ancestors, Adam and Eve tried blaming someone else, and we've all done the same at one point or another, I know I have  :-\ :(
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

Dan7

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 03:34:29 PM »
Thank you for your long response. Yes, they don't want to change their ways, and this has been documented throughout the Bible.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023, 07:54:28 AM »
can someone give me where to find where he was band so i can get context

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2023, 10:15:26 AM »
You click on his profile. Then you click on "show posts." It shows his last post that you can click on and read the thread.

https://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1757.msg14239#msg14239

There's an important reason many of us have not responded to Dan lately.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18