Author Topic: Jehovah or Yahweh? The KJV is on the line.  (Read 642 times)

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
  • Belief: Christian
Jehovah or Yahweh? The KJV is on the line.
« on: June 30, 2023, 04:07:23 PM »
There is some controversy whether YHWH is best represented by JEHOVAH or Yahweh.

I don't know what CLE believes, but I want to know what you guys think of this reasoning (that I found online) that leads to the conclusion that JEHOVAH is the correct representation of YHWH.

Revelation 16:5 in the KJV reads "Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be". Revelation 16:5 in any modern version reads "You are just in these judgments, O Holy One, you who are and who were".

Notice that "shalt be" is replaced by "holy one". This is because there is no manuscript that reads like the KJV. None.  Theodore Beza, one of the editors of the Textus Receptus, believed that all the Greek manuscripts were incorrect on this, and he himself added "shalt be" to the text.

And here is the interesting part: what Beza did only makes sense if God's name is JEHOVAH!  The root word of JEHOVAH is the Hebrew word HAVA, which means shall be. Remember what Beza added in Revelation 16:5? Shall be- the same root word. Beza correctly reasoned that it was odd that Revelation 16:5 did not include "shall be".

John probably originally wrote "shalt be" in the nomen sacrum form: ΟЄC. These three letters are the "compact form" of shalt be. But guess what happens when you take out the middle horizontal line of the middle letter? It becomes the "compact form" of holy one.

But this theory would only make sense if God's name is JEHOVAH. Even KJV only critics like James White agree that if what I just said is correct, the KJV is correct and the modern versions are wrong.

Also wanted to add that the name Yahweh is evil, and it does not belong in the Bible.

What do you guys think?

"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
Re: Jehovah or Yahweh? The KJV is on the line.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 06:04:21 AM »
Hello CLE, I hadn't thoroughly read your guys' about page, and after reading it fully, I would like to thank you for your biblical doctrine and reassuring words. I try to post these random topics, but I am a hypocrite for not addressing the root problem. After much prayer and reading of scripture, I have realized that I am still a false convert and do not have the holy ghost in me. I haven't read the Bible fully, and if it had not been for you guys, I would not have known what repentance is. I am praying for God to give me a repentant heart, and I know that I have said I have repented before, but that "repentance" was more likely emotion than anything else. I know that this is Christ's church, and I know that only those of Christ belong in his church, and I know that I must be a Christian before even thinking about joining your church. I know that I've done much wrong on this forum, and I've tried to justify myself, and have mentioned this many times, but I hope this time will be my final apology before I become a true believer of Christ. Thank you all for aiding me when you guys did, and I hope that I will be able to fellowship with you all if you guys would permit me to. Thanks
"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 09:38:56 AM »
Without a lengthy conversation, t's difficult to explain to random people who may be browsing this forum why we banned Dan, because there's a lot of information to process on all of his posts, but the main point was that there were blatant contradictions in his salvation testimony, and his conversations from the start had no indication of his conversion to Jesus Christ. Essentially, he is one of those people that is a student of conspiracies, not the doctrines of Christ. After many attempts to communicate this to him, and after he also privately emailed me and I explained it to him again, he still would not and did not answer our questions and concerns.

At that point, what he tried to do was research some things I taught, and then he came back and just became a parrot of the things I was teaching, thinking that if he said the right key words, we would accept him, but that is not how salvation works. His entire purpose in coming here was to join our church, and we told him "No" in the kindest way we could. He then said he was leaving, and few weeks later, came back and tried doing the same thing, trying to change the way he said things to appease us, instead of answering the questions and concerns we had.

Now, he's revealed that he's back for the same reason, doing the same things over and over, and there is another person on the forum who has done the same thing as Dan, and that person and Dan are starting to have back-and-forth conversations, pretending themselves to be of like-mind with us, even though most of us have not responded to them for very important reasons. I don't like to remove people who have not broken any rules, but I do not want Dan attracting more people like this to the forum.

We are not doing Dan any favors by allowing him to continue the facade, and I don't want him to waste his time. He should find somewhere else to go, and though he has already been told these things multiple times by multiple people, he keeps doing it. I trust the Lord will do what is best with Dan, and I hope Dan finds a place better suited for him.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 01:43:48 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 04:39:55 PM »
Chris, it's me, isn't it?

I am guilty of everything Daniel has done with parroting information (instead of understanding it), bringing up random topics while not focusing on the Word, showing no conversion to Jesus Christ in my words, and trying to appease others, while not answering any concerns brought my way.

I am guilty of all these things and for that, I am sorry for doing this to the Lord, you, and others on the forum.

I have said sinful statements on and outside of this forum. I had no fear of God in my Heart or my tongue, and I did not bridle my tongue, so I will have to give an account in the day of jugement.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. Matthew 12:36
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. James 1:26

When I first joined I thought I was saved, but I didn't understand anything because I wasn't saved.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Corinthians 2:14

I lied to everyone, including myself, when I joined this forum.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Exodus 20:16
A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin. Proverbs 26:28

I took the Lord's name in vain.
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Exodus 20:7

I even coveted your relationship with Christ, your wisdom, and your ability to speak bravely.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. Exodus 20:17
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:19-21

I am ashamed for harming the Lord, you, and everyone here with my sin. I should have told everyone here the truth but I didn't because I kept trying to clean the outside of my cup. I am nothing but a hypocrite, not just to you but to anyone I have ever talked about.
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Matthew 7:5

I now know what repentance is and how it actually feels.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. James 4:6

I repented in January of 2021 but I didn't want to tell any of you because I was afraid of all of you.
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25

I cried myself to sleep with the horrors of my wicked heart laid bare. I saw all of my sins and I can say that I utterly despise myself because of how vile I am. I am thankful for all of your rebukes because it exposes my sin and I am glad you have said this because I now have the conviction to come forward. I will explain this more in another post.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 04:49:27 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 08:02:29 PM »
No, it's not you.

Did you want me to delete your response for you, or would you like to leave it there?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 08:05:32 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 08:15:20 PM »
Oh, you can do that, it's just that Daniel reminds me of what I was like when I first came here and I remember all of the things I had done to the Lord, you, and others. So sorry about that Chris. I feel convicted of needing to write a testimony about what happened on my end to explain why I wrote that.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 08:23:32 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2023, 10:41:39 PM »
Chris, I changed my mind, I think it needs to be kept because I need to come clean about what I did to all of you so that future can understand what I talking about. Thank you for letting me know but I still feel convicted that I need to bring my sin before everyone.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 11:03:43 PM by Zoologistkid »

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2023, 06:28:32 PM »
Caleb, i am so amazed how far you came since you first came here.