Author Topic: test  (Read 5255 times)

hidals

Re: test
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 09:12:29 PM »
BTW, The glitch has happened on both devices.  most of the earlier posts were using my laptop, and then I switched to see if it would cut me off, and it did. currently on my laptop too. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:19:29 PM by hidals »

Masha

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2018, 10:15:20 AM »
I have this weird problem with my keyboard, it basically sometimes changes the letters and symbols that are under a tab. It happens all of a sudden, I have no idea how or why. Not sure if that explains the problem here, but it makes what I write: as in what button I press on the keyboard, into something different on my screen.
The only way i found to fix it, is to restart my device.
If that is the case with your laptop, then you are typing something else then what will gets into the post. So what you believe to be an ordinary symbol, is something different when you type.
Am I making myself clear?? I hope it may help you.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2018, 06:32:39 PM »
Masha, are you using a desktop or a laptop? I hate the keyboard on my laptop, so I sometimes plug in a USB keyboard and that seems to work pretty well.

Masha

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 02:05:41 AM »
Hi Jeanne, the computer that has this weird problem is a desktop. I am still trying to figure out why it does that, but I havent. It might just be a bug in my system..... but it takes so much time to try to make sense of it I just go around the problem each time it popps up:-)

Hakim Mohamad

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 02:08:48 PM »
@Masha
There is this malware called Microsoft Windows. It messes up the whole computer. Rumors are that over 90 percent of all desktop PCs are infected.

But it's quite easy to spot. If you have a blue or colourful window symbol in your left lower corner of the screen, you're probably one of the unfortunate victims.  ;D

LABcrab

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »
There's the standard apostrophe character, then there's the grave accent character (on my French Canadian keyboard, that key is above the acute E character, and when it is pressed along with an E or U afterwards, the letter gains an accent) that looks like an apostrophe when pressed alone. If using the latter character, this forum does not support it, likely because of an Unicode problem that the forum site has.