Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Corruptions of Christianity: Seventh-day Adventism p9  (Read 268 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Corruptions of Christianity: Seventh-day Adventism p9
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 11:21:46 AM »
Just a little addition to the beginning of the audio, in regards to the warnings in Revelation about any words being changed in the bible...It's also mentioned in Deuteronomy:

4:2 "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command
you."

I know there are people in the Hebrew roots movement who would point to this is a declaration only of the old law, but as Chris has mentioned a number of times, Jesus did fulfil the law, but that's a whole other thing. Point is I dare say God doesn't take his word being changed lightly, which is understandable, because if someone says God said something he didn't say, well, someone is obviously lying, and as Paul wrote in the book of Romans 3:4:

"...let God be true, but every man a liar..."

Also in the book of Galatians:

1:8 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. {1:9} As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.