Author Topic: Hello again from Canada!  (Read 3378 times)

LABcrab

Hello again from Canada!
« on: March 25, 2018, 03:45:42 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is Alex, and I quit a megachurch after attending it for 15 years. I attended as a child, teen and even young adult, but I found the gospel there to be counterfeit and failing to demonstrate a true move of God. That's not to say that there wasn't a form of godliness (2 Tim. 3:5) that looked superficially like the real Gospel. The problem is the leaven (1 Cor. 5:6-8) upon which that congregation was founded, which just built up over the years.

They are a Canadian charity, so our equivalent to 501(c)(3), that defaults to the NIV (for decades; for a few years, the ESV was temporarily default) instead of the KJV, they partnered with ecumenical ministers like Billy Graham and Rick Warren, they run a plethora of gimmicky youth activities (such as "Christian" rock concerts, plus renting a rock climbing wall and inflatable gym on church grounds) yet having little to no good preaching for youth (1 Tim. 4:12), they add worldly burdens (Matt. 11:28-30) to those in the purity movement looking to get married, they do not preach hard (2 Tim. 4:2) against the sin in the region, and it goes on.

While it's comforting to know the true doctrine of Jesus Christ, there is also a pain with the transition. I shared on this forum that my church pushed BarlowGirl (BG), a "Christian" rock girl band of three sisters that bragged about purity rings and not dating, for "God" promised each of them a husband. The truth is they do not care about purity, simply using it as a front to cash in and fatten their pockets. I had a former BG staff admit this after ~2 years of giving me excuses, and I still see fans this year admitting to idolizing the band. As I work on sharing my testimony, I pray that Christians reject "Christian" rock, CCLI and more. Sing the good old hymns!

Of course, throughout all of this, I see my need to stay close to Christ. When I noticed the false gospel in 2013, I began to search for the real deal. I want to edify others online by sharing my testimony and learning about what the Bible says for righteous learning. I speak French as well, and have a ministry called La Franche Verite which is small but willing. I may translate some of brother Christopher's content if I see the need and if the Lord leads me that way. I pray you are all doing well and that you continue in Christ's work.

P.S.: This forum software does not allow characters like the en dash or acute accents. I had errors when using those. The accents matter in languages like French.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:49:25 AM by LABcrab »

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Hello again from Canada!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 04:51:58 AM »
Hi again, Alex. Welcome back!

Masha

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 06:44:33 AM »
Hi Alex, welcome again.
It is true the forum posts do not allow any 'strange' symbol to be used, it will simply not publish it when you post and stop the tekst at the unknown letter/sign. I try to remember to copy my post first, so I can just modify and paste it again when it goes wrong. I have noticed it mainly messes up when I quote or copy/paste from a source outside the forum. Like verses taken from Biblesoftware might have a komma or such that messes up the posting.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 09:56:27 AM »
It's an encoding error based on our server's English character sets they use; I still need to contact them and ask about it to see if there's any way to add in more sets to allow variety. That's why there are now "?" symbols in a triangle on some of my articles now. I'm replacing them one by one, but there may ultimately be no way to fix it depending.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Suelong88

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 02:12:57 PM »
Welcome back Alex.  I had enjoyed your previous posts about BG.  We used to like them (at my old church that I don't attend anymore) and sing their stuff...because we're girls and we liked to harmonize.  But seriously...no content worth anything at all.  I used to listen to the "christian" music stations all the time.  Now I can't even stand any of it!  I mainly listen to classical in the car now.  I need to get an Audible of the KJV.  That would be worthwhile!

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 09:01:09 AM »
Hi Alex!  Thanks for the introduction.  I have a friend in Canada and I am always astounded at how the "charity" system works, or rather doesn't work, there!  (He is blind and she is bi-polar and a child with autism, so you can imagine. . .)  I am looking forward to seeing your point of view with some of the articles, etc. . .
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13