Author Topic: REEEEEE!! "You're a Pharisee AND a Sadducee!"  (Read 1461 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
REEEEEE!! "You're a Pharisee AND a Sadducee!"
« on: November 22, 2023, 06:50:50 PM »

BOB FROM TN - OCT 6, 2023

Thanks so much.  I became KJVO in the early 90s, and have never once regretted it. Bible correcters chap my hide.

I am using parts and arguments from this to make my own study and came across this, as I am going to an apostate Southern Baptist church, because there is nothing much else available.  The study linked below will be forwarded to the pastor, currently has been forwarded to the teacher (my personal friend) of the Sunday morning Bible study, where we have "Dr. __________"
 and "Scholar _______________________", etc., retired college professors, and my friend is taken in by them.  Next lunch, I will tell him it will be my turn to correct them, after he reads completely what I wrote, part of which is now here:

https://christs-disciples.org/worldly-knowledge.php

If he says no (he likes to appease, while they divide) then I will not return to that study.

I grew up in CT, born in NYC.  Many, many Greeks there, Greek diners, and I went to the Greek Festival at the Orthodox Church in Waterbury, CT one summer about five years ago. Asked people FROM GREECE if they spoke, read, understood Koine Greek.  No. Classical Greek only.  Asked my friends' parents same thing.  Same answer. Booth after booth.  Same answer.  These commentary and concordance authors are lying.

My church will NOT appreciate my study, and correction, however loving it will be.  I have kept my silence, held my tongue.  Soon, not any more.

Thanks so much.  I became KJVO in the early 90s, and have never once regretted it. Bible correcters chap my hide.
Thank the Lord Jesus Christ, not me.

I am using parts and arguments from this to make my own study and came across this, as I am going to an apostate Southern Baptist church,
An apostate, by definition, is someone who has abandoned the church. I don't understand your situation, but it's curious why you say you are "going to" an apostate church, when, first of all, no one can "go to church" according to Scripture, and secondly, if it's apostate, it's not a church. That was confusing to me.

because there is nothing much else available.
Yeah, that confuses me too. Why would you go to a place (according to your testimony, i.e. it is "apostate") that you are going to hear apostate, leavened doctrine, and fill your mind with it? I don't understand that. It's like a sheep saying that he's going to go into the mud pit with the pigs because "there is nothing much else available." ???

The study linked below will be forwarded to the pastor, currently has been forwarded to the teacher (my personal friend) of the Sunday morning Bible study, where we have "Dr. __________"
 and "Scholar _______________________", etc., retired college professors, and my friend is taken in by them.  Next lunch, I will tell him it will be my turn to correct them, after he reads completely what I wrote, part of which is now here:
If he says no (he likes to appease, while they divide) then I will not return to that study.

Okay. The next paragraph seems like you changed the subject from this one, so is there something you wanted me to do with this information? I mean... I'm getting more confused as this continues.

I grew up in CT, born in NYC.  Many, many Greeks there, Greek diners, and I went to the Greek Festival at the Orthodox Church in Waterbury, CT one summer about five years ago. Asked people FROM GREECE if they spoke, read, understood Koine Greek.  No. Classical Greek only.  Asked my friends' parents same thing.  Same answer. Booth after booth.  Same answer.  These commentary and concordance authors are lying.
Perhaps. Some people actually study Koine Greek, but it's extremely rare, and most (if not all) those who work on those commentaries and concordances do not have anything else but an "Intro" course (if that), which doesn't teach them much of anything. The excuse is to refer to the "Septuagint," even though there is no proper manuscript evidence to support its existence.

My church will NOT appreciate my study, and correction, however loving it will be.  I have kept my silence, held my tongue.  Soon, not any more.
Alright. Have a great day.

Thank the Lord Jesus Christ, not me.
AMEN.  My attitude.

An apostate, by definition, is someone who has abandoned the church. I don't understand your situation, but it's curious why you say you are "going to" an apostate church, when, first of all, no one can "go to church" according to Scripture, and secondly, if it's apostate, it's not a church. That was confusing to me.
Actually, I have been saying for years, "We do not GO to church, we ARE the church".  Sadly, we do not have any congregations in this area that follow the Word, so I am where I am for now. Going through a divorce currently; she left suddenly, in the middle of a dark morning without prior notice, warning.  I wrote a study on that for the site, showing how

"women's prayer groups" become (behind their backs, especially mine), "women's airing their side of the story" groups. 

When they pray out loud, their "god" answers them, but it is "From GOD!" 

Yeah, that confuses me too. Why would you go to a place (according to your testimony, i.e. it is "apostate") that you are going to hear apostate, leavened doctrine, and fill your mind with it? I don't understand that. It's like a sheep saying that he's going to go into the mud pit with the pigs because "there is nothing much else available."
I study constantly, all day, on my own, so I go to not be alone like I am in this silent house all week.  Not for any good teaching. I stayed home in CT and went no place for years, while those who encouraged me to try this and that were themselves taken in by the "scholarship".     Since I am not going to be leaving here, and if she was not going through the divorce and she wanted to reconcile, I would teach here and not teach what they teach, but my Creation/Evolution class, and my KJVO class, both with Powerpoint slides.    Then verse by verse, book by book.

Okay. The next paragraph seems like you changed the subject from this one, so is there something you wanted me to do with this information? I mean... I'm getting more confused as this continues.
Sorry. No. Just relating what my plan is.   Just some people in the class who he reveres because they have such "knowledge" and "are brilliant!"

Often, when I do things like this correction, I wait. Especially when I am sitting there, in abject pain (heartbroken), I give them time, and enough rope to hang themselves. I then write a study, send it to the teacher, and tell them we will discuss it. I will give them a chance to either allow me to correct these people or he does. If neither, I am gone.  I already corrected another old Pharisee in another class when he got the "gap theory" and "firmament" and the "ark, which was a box shape" wrong which he drew on a white board.  He did not like it, but no one was correcting him, acting like he was giving them the truth.  I did not hesitate.  This was before the wife left.

Creation/Evolution is how I got saved; been my main ministry since 1987.  You cannot tell people lies on that subject and just get away from me.  I knew David Fasold personally, before he died.  Met with him many times. It is a boat, not a shoe box.  Well, I corrected him on that; he listened.

Perhaps. Some people actually study Koine Greek, but it's extremely rare, and most (if not all) those who work on those commentaries and concordances do not have anything else but an "Intro" course (if that), which doesn't teach them much of anything. The excuse is to refer to the "Septuagint," even though there is no proper manuscript evidence to support its existence.
Yeah, that old LXX. Dr. Floyd Nolen Jones gave me permission to post his books decades ago when I spoke to him.

I hate to hear that about your wife, and sadly, that is a story far too common among the men I know. Most of my friends in our church have had their wives backstab them and leave.

Creation/Evolution is how I got saved; been my main ministry since 1987.
That is something I used to believe could happen to someone because of the leavened influence Kent Hovind had on me, but after the Lord freed me from that brainwashing and moved me into study of the Scriptures on my own, I now understand it is not the path to salvation. No one gets saved through being exposed to creation materials. They get saved by the hearing of the law.
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
-Gal 3:23-25

Having one's mind changed about creation/evolution is not repentance of sin, nor is "turning from sin" repentance of sin (because those are works-based doctrines). The hearing of the law brings a man to tears of godly sorrow of his wrongdoing. This is why I wrote this short book:
Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell

And I wrote this so I wouldn't have to have these fruitless debates with churchgoers anymore because I don't want to preach to those who are prideful and sanctimonious, in which they are unwilling to hear, but rather, I would preach to those who have been brought low. Jesus did not spend all his time with Pharisees... He just rebuked them and moved on to spend time with the poor and needy. It's pointless to debate details with churchgoers who have not known repentance for the remission of sins; they need to hear the Gospel of Salvation just like everyone else, but if they are lifted up in the pride of their hearts and will not hear the Gospel of Salvation, then there is no point in continuing debate with them, except for selfish reasons... which is what you told me is the reason for your continued visits; meaning that, in reality, you aren't there for them; you're there for yourself, and it's not doing you any good.

What you choose to do is up to you. Have a great day.

No, I got saved through first having Evolutionism destroyed, Creation taking it over.  No, that did not save me, I know that. Jesus Christ did on the Cross. And faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.  I get that. As an unbeliever though, evolutionism was my god.  I got saved through the Word of God, just what I meant was that evolutionism was the first pillar to be destroyed.  That is what I meant.  God used that as the door to the Gospel is all I meant. 

It is go for some fellowship for now.  I have no hopes of contributing much. I do not debate or argue. I teach, my spiritual gift.  If they do not want o heara, I move on.  But in the area I am at currently, there is no place to move on to. It is horrible.  Another reason to move on.

I DID NOT RESPOND AND LET IT GO...
SIX WEEKS LATER - NOV 21, 2023 - BOB WRITES AGAIN:

No. I got saved BY Jesus Christ THROUGH the Blood of His Cross, not by Creation Science. I was an atheist agnostic.  I started my journey in Creation/Evolution because of delving into the Creation/Evolution controversy as a researcher/scientist, biology zoology major. It did not save me.  I do not even have a decent church to go here in Tennessee, and plan to move to Malawi to continue the works there as soon as this is sold.  I have friends, land a churches there to attend to, build on.  They need Chichewa Bibles, teachers, etc.

https://www.christs-disciples.org/testimony.php
My Testimony
by Robert Zuvich

I was born in Brooklyn, New York in 1960, moved to Connecticut after one year and grew up on a farm, catching frogs, salamanders, snakes, butterflies, etc. in the local ponds and streams. I grew up with a love of creation ("Mother Nature", as the school put it). I entered the school system right around the time that evolution was being taught as a fact (after the 1963 removal of prayer). I hear that they taught it as a fact before that, but I just noticed it as being militant. It destroyed my faith in God since I was taught that being as good little Catholic boy meant not questioning authority.
By the time I was an adult, I was ready to teach it as fact to my kids. I was working in Production at Teledyne Microelectronics in Culver City where I met a man named Sergio Sanchez. There were some friends of mine in the test area who got saved and were changing. They kept inviting me to go to Bible study, and I kept declining. Anyways, this Sergio guy was a dangerous man. "Whatever you do", they said, "don't ask him a question-because he has an answer!" I was not actually intending to ask him a question, but was rather commenting on an article in the Los Angeles Times about the discovery of some saber-toothed tigers recently found in the La Brea tar pits. He asked me, "Do you believe in evolution?" I thought that, since everyone on the planet did, this was the stupidest question ever asked of me, and my respect for Sergio then dropped below that of a Russian Olympic judge of an American athlete in the 1976 Olympics. He said nothing more to me, but handed me four books:
What Is Creation Science? by Dr. Henry M. Morris
Scientific Creationism, by Dr. Henry M. Morris
The Twilight of Evolution, by Dr. Henry M. Morris
The Rise of the Evolution Fraud, by Malcolm Bowden
I read them innocently and honestly, not knowing what to expect-in fact not expecting anything at all, and not knowing anything about "creation science". Day by day, everything I believed in was torn to shreds and there was nothing I could do, since the authors were not touting their beliefs, but rather quoting from my favorite scientists!
Anyway, the last book The Rise of the Evolution Fraud, has a page at the back which reads,
"Beneath our feet lie the millions of fossils of extinct animals and men. It is a silent witness to a time when mankind became so degenerate that finally it was virtually wiped out in one great cataclysmic flood. Fearful though this thought may be, we can take some comfort from the fact that we have been promised that his will never happen again."
Set apart from the paragraph in big bold letters was this final grim warning,
"Next time it will be by fire!"
This was my moment of conversion. I was petrified like a fossil and suddenly felt very uncomfortable. I asked whoever it was that created all of this to please do anything in His power to prevent me from going through this fire, which I somehow understood was eternal hell (although the author was merely speaking only of the end of the world).
I did not even know what I had done, what it meant or anything. I did not even tell anyone, as I did not know what to say. I started to read an old King James Bible in the house-and understood it for the first time! Eventually, I grew in the Lord, attended church and then was introduced to and got into the newer "versions". I collected them like some people collect stamps.
This was halted when a friend of mine challenged me to investigate them for myself, after which I became King James only. I have never regretted either decision.

Your testimony just proved my point. Have you read my book? It's not very long:
Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell

No. I read the Word of God, not studies ON the Word of God.

Have you read my studies on my web site?  https://christs-disciples.org/
You will not.

In 37 years, you are by FAR, very far, the strangest "Christian" I have ever met. My testimony got an "A" in three Bible classes Dr. Jackson, Dr. Gordon, Dr. Goddard, at college.  A short and a long version.   I should have known when you "were confused" by everything I said, the exact opposite, completely unlike the thousands to who I have spoken the Gospel, taught before congregations and villages on three continents. 

(Romans 10:9-10)
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

You Sir, are why people in Baptist churches are cold, unwelcoming and make people who visit one time turn to cults like JWs, Mormonism, and R.C.C.ism.  I guess you even wear a Sadduccees and Pharisees outfit (suit, jacket, tie) and pound the pulpit for an hour, screaming at the people loudly, thinking that this makes you more spiritual than them. I wear a smelly, fishy tunic like Jesus and the disciples.  No legalism.  I go to villages where missionaries leave with no fruit to preach the gospel with kids and chickens and goats running around every where.  I do not need your permission nor approval of my testimony to do so.  Jesus knows me.     I know Him.  All I need.

(Titus 3:10 [AKJV/PCE])
A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

This is your first admonishment.  Humble yourself.  "You ain't all that.", as they say in the south.  You desperately need it.
I AM saved. I do not need, nor wish, to ever meet your "standard" for that or anything else.  Nor should anyone.  The mere fact that you think anyone should even try to means you need to step down from whatever 'ministry" you think you do.  You are too arrogant. I owe you no time, no effort, no explanations.  It is a waste.

Good bye.
His, (The Saviour, the LORD Jesus Christ)
Bob

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
-Gal 4:16

I would simply argue that you have a basic misunderstanding of the Gospel of Salvation, and you are unwilling to even discuss it together. Our church doesn't have any such custom of that sort of contention, nor do we fellowship with railers who claim they are of Christ.

railer: one who scoffs, insults, censures or reproaches with opprobrious language

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
-1Co 5:11

You know where to get the information if you ever decide to investigate the matter. Have a great day.

END OF DISCUSSION

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
Re: REEEEEE!! "You're a Pharisee AND a Sadducee!"
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 08:10:32 PM »
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. - Galatians 5:19-21

In 37 years, you are by FAR, very far, the strangest "Christian" I have ever met. My testimony got an "A" in three Bible classes Dr. Jackson, Dr. Gordon, Dr. Goddard, at college.  A short and a long version.   I should have known when you "were confused" by everything I said, the exact opposite, completely unlike the thousands to who I have spoken the Gospel, taught before congregations and villages on three continents.

What does having an "A" on your testimony by three different scholars have to do with being saved by the Lord Jesus Christ? I know it's great to tell others about what He has done in our lives but how does having an "A" by three teachers at what I assume is a "cemetery college" show it's somehow "better" with that fact revealed?
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 09:52:59 PM »
I mean, imagine saying that to Jesus Christ on the Day of Judgment.

"You never knew me?! Excuse me?! I got an 'A' in Testimonies 101! You don't have a PhD!"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 10:17:49 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 10:39:06 PM »
I mean, imagine saying that to Jesus Christ on the Day of Judgment.

"You never knew me?! Excuse me?! I got an 'A' in Testimonies 101! You don't have a PhD!"
LOL!

However, on a more serious note, I can't help but think of these verses.
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. - 1 Corinthians 1:26-29

This man is practically wearing a sign that I respect persons, or as the verses say, "wise men". I mean look at the name game (name-dropping people he believes helps his argument) he's playing: I met "insert person here" or I read books by "insert doctor here". I mean look at how many doctors he mentions.

On another note, I can't help but notice similarities between him and the people you mention who use tithe as justification when you point out there is no repentance in their words or hearts. In this case, he uses his "cemetery" training to defend himself. I also find his letters confusing and would not reason anything out while accusing you of several things. Besides indirectly calling you a Pharisee and a Sadducee, he also (indirectly and directly) you of being a Baptist, a legalist, a brawler, pushing a "standard for salvation", being cold, and being unwelcoming. I take it this man is only new-time listener or reader, then, just from these accusations alone. One funny note is that you're called the weirdest Christian.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. - 1 Peter 2:8-9
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 10:43:33 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 08:57:00 AM »
I guess he decided to keep going after he said he was done. Here's what I got this morning.

I would argue the same for you, since I know it full well and accepted it.  Jesus knows me,  and I know Him.  he will never say to me, "Depart from me, I never knew you".

(Matthew 7:23 [AKJV/PCE])
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And I would argue the very, very exact same for you. I have evidence you learned how to quote Scripture, but not live by it, nor understand it, just use it to rail at anyone trying to correct your nastiness.

You do not have to worry. We will not be keeping company.  IF you need studies, they are on my site.

https://christs-disciples.org/

Since you also need to learn the Gospel of the LORD Jesus Christ, it is there also.

https://christs-disciples.org/gospel.php

Since you are so smart, there is a study just for you, and the other railers:

IN 37 years of being saved and in ministry, not one time have I have ever met such a confused and "YOU ARE NOT SAVED!:" person, not even in IFB College..  When trying to be corrected, you do not even listen or read.  I corrected you once, that I am saved BY the Blood of the Lamb, the LORD Jesus Christ, and that journey started through knocking out the edifice of false science (evolutionism) I admonished you once, and now became YOUR enemy.  Jesus will say to you one day,   You should understand these things, if you were saved and not religious.  If you wish to learn Scripture, get out of that self-righteousness cult, then I can help. I teach the Word of God to those who are willing tol earn, not the ones who think they know every thing and think no one but those who say the right words to them are saved, based upon their own standard.

When corrected, you cannot be corrected but use your dull sword.  Mine is sharp and convicts me and you of sin.  In all my years, mostly atheists, agnostics, muslims and RCCers were railers.  Then there is you.  The ultimate mocker, railer. And you.

(Titus 3:10 [AKJV/PCE])
A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

#1 Get saved.
#2 Get a teachable spirit

That was your last admonition.  You are rejected.

His,
Bob

END OF LETTER

I'm not wasting my time with responding to him. He had no intention of having a peaceful, reasonable conversation, which is why I was confused why he was writing to me in the first place. He still never told me. I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish.

Isn't it amazing how many churchgoers there are out there who have NO interest in discussion the Gospel of Salvation in Christ?

The sad part is that I NEVER said he wasn't saved. In fact, I just didn't know one way or another. All I wanted him to do was hear the Gospel of Salvation and see how he would respond. He didn't even want to see it, and started in on his prideful railing with church-ianity phrases sprinkled on top... and that told me pretty much everything I needed to know.

I still don't know if he's saved or not... but I'm leaning pretty heavily towards "No" because of his last couple of letters; there does not seem to be any reflection of a humble heart of repentance (i.e. Where's the grace? Where's the understanding? Where's the patience?), and God does not give His grace to the proud of heart.

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
-James 4:6

What I do appreciate from Bob is to show everyone an example: This is what an "Independent Fundamental Baptist College Education" looks like once its complete. That's why I told you all that there is not a single so-called "Christian" college I would recommend to anyone, and have warned Christians to stay away from their influence. They are in the business of bringing in those who might be saved, and pumping them out to be those who now mimic the language and attitude of the Pharisees in the days of Christ.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 09:04:04 AM by creationliberty »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 09:10:12 AM »
I looked on his website, and here is his explanation of the Gospel of Salvation:

God loves you, and wants to have fellowship now and forever with you, but...
...You are an unrighteous sinner, separated from your Creator, a Holy and Just God by your sin(s)and sin nature
Sin leads to death
You are deserving of eternal punishment in a fiery hell after a certain death
Therefore, you need to get saved from that hell
You cannot save yourself by works, "being good", religion, etc. or by anything else or anyone else
Jesus Christ, the God-Man, came down from Heaven in the flesh to die on a Roman Cross for your sin(s)
You simply have to believe in Jesus Christ who died for your sins and that God promised he will forgive all of your sins

https://www.christs-disciples.org/gospel.php

No repentance. That was my point. I didn't bother to look into his site until now to check, and I suspected that was the case because his writing reflected an unrepentant heart. That confirms it for me.

But to be fair... I'm sure he said all those hateful and railing things for Jesus, right?

He talks of "sin nature," but doesn't even give an example of what sin looks like. Ergo, there is no preaching of the law to sinners so they would come to repentance. His explanation presents a "problem" to the reader that, even if the reader accepts as a problem without knowing what it means, he will "believe in Jesus" and think he solved the alleged "problem" without ever being born again in Christ.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
-Gal 3:24

This is an excerpt from my short book (free-to-read) Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell:

William and Catherine Booth were the founders of The Salvation Army (1878), and the goal of their organization was to feed and clothe the poor and needy. William Booth said:
"I am of the opinion that the chief dangers which confront the coming century [i.e. 20th-21st century] will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell."
-William Booth, quoted in The Homiletic Review: An International Magazine of Religion, Theology and Philosophy, Religious Newspaper Agency, Vol. 44, 1902, p. 382, [University of Michigan]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 09:21:00 AM by creationliberty »

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2023, 09:32:23 AM »
The sad part is all this came from just from you telling him this:
That is something I used to believe could happen to someone because of the leavened influence Kent Hovind had on me, but after the Lord freed me from that brainwashing and moved me into study of the Scriptures on my own, I now understand it is not the path to salvation. No one gets saved through being exposed to creation materials. They get saved by the hearing of the law.
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. - Gal 3:23-25
Having one's mind changed about creation/evolution is not repentance of sin, nor is "turning from sin" repentance of sin (because those are works-based doctrines). The hearing of the law brings a man to tears of godly sorrow of his wrongdoing.

At no point did you tell him that he wasn't saved but he keeps adding more fuel to the fire.
Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. - Ecclesiastes 5:2

At what point were you railing at him? Sure you were jesting on a previous post but that's because he made an absurd statement about getting an "A" on his testimony and treated it like it was completely infallible at that point. He really does believe that means that he is incapable of not having understanding or being saved. How dare you the self-righteous pharisee cult leader point out what the Bible says about how people are saved? I am beyond such methods because all my teachers said it was great.
A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick; Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels; Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day. - Isaiah 65:3-5

IN 37 years of being saved and in ministry, not one time have I have ever met such a confused and "YOU ARE NOT SAVED!:" person, not even in IFB College..  When trying to be corrected, you do not even listen or read.  I corrected you once, that I am saved BY the Blood of the Lamb, the LORD Jesus Christ, and that journey started through knocking out the edifice of false science (evolutionism) I admonished you once, and now became YOUR enemy.  Jesus will say to you one day,   You should understand these things, if you were saved and not religious.  If you wish to learn Scripture, get out of that self-righteousness cult, then I can help. I teach the Word of God to those who are willing tol earn, not the ones who think they know every thing and think no one but those who say the right words to them are saved, based upon their own standard.

I did check out his website and well... I got what I expected from his gospel of salvation. There is no mention of the Law or repentance (correct or incorrect definitions) and follows the "Roman road" that he believes will lead to salvation:
The Gospel is eloquently given in long form for many chapters by Paul in Romans and, walking through it, one gets the entire Gospel given in just a few short verses, thoroughly in a manner some call, "Romans Road". Here is a gleaning of the basics:
The Indictment
(Romans 3:9-18)
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes.
(Romans 3:23)
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(Romans 6:23)
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(Romans 8: 1)
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(Romans 10:9-10)
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The Scriptures above mean that we are sinners, saved only by Grace through the shed blood sacrifice of the LORD Jesus on the Cross.

He kept calling the Bible's standards for the salvation of grief and godly sorrow for sin and remission 'your' standard because if what you said is accurate then that would mean that he was never saved according to the Word. It would also mean all the people he's looked up to most likely were never saved as well and the number of people he believes he's led to salvation would be actually small or nonexistent. He came after you to defend everything he stands for because it would mean everything he's ever accomplished is for naught. You are against everything he's ever stood for and believes just because you pointed out this verse:
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. - Gal 3:23-25
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 09:48:00 AM by Zoologistkid »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 10:11:58 AM »
At no point did you tell him that he wasn't saved but he keeps adding more fuel to the fire.

His anger came from the fact that, if what I was saying was right, he had never come to repentance of his sin. As you stated, I never said that he didn't come to repentance. I have no idea if he did or did not. However, Bob rejected that thought immediately.

Yet, it leads us to wonder, if he was confident in Christ, what need would he have to be angry at me?

If I am not saved, as he clearly stated he believes, why did he not try to reason the Gospel with me peacefully?

I think he is secretly very afraid, but his pride will not let him read to understand, and refuses to consider that the people described in Matthew 7 could be him. I hope the Lord will give him the same gifts of mercy and repentance that he has graciously given me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 10:18:16 AM by creationliberty »

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 11:28:13 AM »
So...he was proudly proclaiming he didn't like the status men give themselves in some denominations/education systems, but then goes on to say how well his testimony was graded by men?

Guess he didn't read Galatians 1:10:

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

(PS, yes I know this bit isn't a biblical quote but It also reminds me of the line from Hamlet: "The Lady doth protest too much, me thinks")
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 12:03:32 PM »
So...he was proudly proclaiming he didn't like the status men give themselves in some denominations/education systems, but then goes on to say how well his testimony was graded by men?

But no one ever lies, right?

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2023, 12:42:12 PM »
Nah, why would people ever do such a thing?
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.