Author Topic: Good Friday - The Spicy Recipe of Truth (Dropbox)  (Read 2642 times)

Christopher_Belflower

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
Good Friday - The Spicy Recipe of Truth (Dropbox)
« on: August 05, 2018, 02:34:06 AM »
Just wanted to share an article I wrote several months ago. It's less than 10-pages, and it was written to dispel the Good Friday myth instituted by The Catholic Church. I actually taught this in the presence of a few Catholics and they did not seem overly offended by the truths.

I reviewed Chris Johnson's Easter article and he had touched on part of this regarding the Passover/days of unleavened bread being 8-days.  His teaching was more focused on showing how the other Bible versions have arbitrarily removed the word 'Easter' from Acts 12.  This is more directly focused on the specific day Christ entered the tomb until Resurrection based on the spice preparation of the women!  Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/klz1oc0xld05phh/Good%20Friday.pdf?dl=0
Chris B
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Good Friday - The Spicy Recipe of Truth (Dropbox)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 03:32:32 AM »
I'm still working on the Daniel 9 article, but I would love to see you start a website where you can publish your studies as blog posts or something. It wouldn't have to be as fancy as the CLE website, but good, sound biblical teaching is sorely needed in the world today and the more people that actually put up content like that, the better!

You and Chris Johnson have totally different styles and focus on different things in your articles but I believe they complement each other and your teachings would benefit the church as a whole, too.

Christopher_Belflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 05:02:34 AM »
That is an interesting concept. Chris Johnson's articles are what inspired me to start doing something for the Lord. Truly, I cannot do what Chris J does, his articles are jam packed full of sound teachings and the errors of men. I do prefer to examine a particular verse at great lengths, as evident by the Daniel article, I think I used 40 pages on 2 verses. I'll have to consider the matter, thanks Jeanne!
Chris B

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 06:07:44 AM »
Some of the stuff I'm reading in this article makes me wonder if you haven't somehow managed to listen in on our midweek Bible studies (that are not recorded) as you literally say some of the exact same things we just talked about recently!

Like I said, your style is very different from Chris Johnson's but that doesn't make your teaching any less valid or any less needed. I'm really loving this and can't wait to get into some of your other articles when I'm done with this one. It would be great to be able to see them all in one place.

The in-depth analysis of just a few verses at a time is great since you go into such detail and correlate everything to other places in Scripture.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 06:31:28 AM »
Would you be prepared to put this article on Google Docs too as I'm finding again that Dropbox hinders users trying to download the PDF?
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Christopher_Belflower

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 06:46:45 AM »
Would you be prepared to put this article on Google Docs too as I'm finding again that Dropbox hinders users trying to download the PDF?

Surething! sorry your having such troubles with the Dropbox:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rl7YrDkN0s28Pl9_kDO4VvrLbCNKmFztOsiSuW6CoCk/edit?usp=sharing
Chris B

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 07:01:22 AM »
That's excellent.

Thanks Chris.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)