Author Topic: One slight inconsequential error which made me LOL.  (Read 3160 times)

EvilAngryHatefulManMan

One slight inconsequential error which made me LOL.
« on: July 18, 2018, 12:43:22 AM »
I apologize for not remembering the study I was listening to, but I noticed one thing Chris mentioned that was not quite accurate, but by no means a scriptural error at all. It was just a little funny that made me smile.

You (Chris) were discussing people being equally yoked. It became apparent to me that you might not be a horse owner or cattle owner, as the term has nothing to do with eggs, but with a Yoke which is actually a collar. These collars are used by beasts of burden to allow them to pull loads.

So, when Jesus mentioned that His Yoke is easy and His burden light, he was talking about the collar around our necks. Naturally He wants us to know that we can dump that wagon full of heavy burdens and start carrying a much easier load. When the bible mentions people being equally yoked, that's also a reference to cattle. Oxen are a prime example, because if they are not equally yoked, one Ox will go this way, the other that way, or one will go too fast and the other too slow, and you'll never get where you want to go.

This isn't a big issue, and like I said, I thought it was funny, because I once thought the same way too. And it was one of a few things which verified to me that your ministry is on the right track, and you're teaching very important things.

I'll PM this to @creationliberty , hopefully you'll get a good laugh out of it.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: One slight inconsequential error which made me LOL.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 01:19:04 AM »
You didn't provide a quote, let alone what it was you were listening to. No one can verify if you are correct in your rebuke of error.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 07:14:47 AM »
You didn't provide a quote, let alone what it was you were listening to. No one can verify if you are correct in your rebuke of error.

I agree.

All I can really say in response, Christian, is "What are you talking about?" You need to provide the evidence of what you are saying if you are going to claim that something was taught wrong. Also, I'm interested to know your Scriptural backing to what you said about 'being equally yoked' because you didn't give any.

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 04:35:07 PM »
It would be helpful if you could provide a reference otherwise no rectification can be made if one is needed. Although knowing Christopher it is possible that he was joking (a play on the words yolk/yoke), hence you were amused.

2 Corinthians 6:14 KJV
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

It speaks of being unequally yoked not equally and I believe it says "unequally" because the yoke could never be equal.

Amos 3:3 KJV Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

An unbeliever and a believer cannot share a yoke (i.e be equally yoked) because they fundamentally cannot be agreed.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 09:29:59 PM »
Although this guy is gone now I do have it in the back of my mind that what he wrote may have been correct.  I have been meaning to go through and listen to the teachings on marriage again because that is the most likely place where anything like that will be if it exists at all.

What he wrote seemed to make me recall hearing that during one of the teachings and I thought that I must write to Chris about it and continued listening to the teaching and then forgot that I was going to bring it up.  I hope I'm wrong.  If I am wrong then  ....  well  ....  that wouldn't be the first time.

Will be good to listen to the teachings on marriage a second time around anyway.  Hearing the teachings the first time around was like a breath of fresh air in a heavily polluted world.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 11:19:42 PM »
If I have, I'm sorry; not sure why I would have ever said that.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 02:18:13 PM »
If you go to audio section of website, scroll down to Isaiah teaching chapters 10-11, skip to 25 minutes in, sounds to me like by that time (Nov 16, 2014) Chris was teaching it right. Obviously the guy just wanted to pick something that he may not have taught right just to start something for no reason...
I just happened to be listening to audio from back then and remembered this post...
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 04:11:48 PM »
That's excellent Thomas.  I'll have a listen later just to make sure.  As before I hope I'm wrong.

One thing I notice with aging is that I used to have an excellent memory and be sharp on recall etc but over the years I have been losing that.  Frustrating for me and no doubt frustrating for others. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 06:19:03 PM »
We also need to remember that just because a word today means one thing did not mean a nether back then.  It was a tool for the devil to change words meaning in English to attack and change the bible.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 12:57:39 AM »
That had absolutely nothing to do with the context of what we were talking about. I'm taking it that this is one of those guys that shows up every few months, makes a bunch of posts, not really understanding or caring about the context, most of which don't make any sense, and then disappears again? What exactly is the point of that?