Author Topic: Extinct Animals?  (Read 4478 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Extinct Animals?
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:40:47 PM »
Thanks, Kevin, I have following your ministry for years now. I had to work up the courage to talk to because like I said I felt really unworthy of joining you guys. I was reading Chris's Dinosaur article and noticed a picture of a dead alligator gar. Chris wasn't aware of the fish and thought it was a pliosaur type animal. When I first emailed Chris, I thanked for his work and I didn't properly explain the alligator gar. When he replied I noticed that  I didn't;t explain good, so I sent him a picture of an alligator gar and tried to explain that the animal in recent discoveries was this fish. I confused him even more after that one, so I finally used the picture from the article and added more context to properly explain to him what I meant. Like I said I want to help you guys with animal information. The said to be extinct animals are being abused by evolutionists so much, calling land animals whales, putting fur on the reptiles , putting feathers on dinosaurs ,
and many others. In fact, there are people saying that saying that people can't be seeing dinosaurs, pterosaurs, or any other creature because they don't have feathers, fur, or any other features they imagine into existence.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:45:07 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Extinct Animals?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 10:38:12 PM »
That top picture you posted reminds me of a thylacene, more commonly known as the Tasmanian tiger. It was the largest known carnivorous marsupial and was thought to become extinct sometime in the 1920s or '30s. (Can't remember when the last one in captivity died now.) There have been recent sightings of what people think may be thylacenes, though.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 11:01:43 PM »
The animal is called a pakicetus meaning Pakistan whale, which also needs a better name. The animal was completely land-based, had hooves, and would've looked like a long-faced dog with hooves instead of toes. The evolutionists say that it was the second creature a series of creature becoming whales which sound ridiculous when you compare that story to an animal that could have been someone's pet. On the topic of the thylacine, I know about the thylacine because of the fact I want to create a story about endangered animals called Endangered Poachers. The thylacine that you know maybe the last of it's kind, literally because they have fossils of the same kind. There were many more creature with more variety ranging from the size of small terrier to a large dog. I still think they are still around with another kind of animal called thylacoleo or the marsupial lion.

They had four thumbs, the strongest bite force of any marsupial, large slicing teeth, retractable claws and had large thumb claws. Did you ever hear about them Jeanne, they were or are native to Australia.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 11:11:34 PM »
Hi Caleb

My main small interest in paleontology is really based on destroying the fable of evolution.  That is excellent that you have been able to give extra information to Chris for his articles because having accurate information available may make a world of difference to some readers and the other people they associate with. 

Don't be afraid of your youthfullness or any other ailments you have but your work as a ministry may be of excellent value in other paleontology sites while still remaining here with us.  Don't be put off that the majority of us mainly concentrate on Biblical discussions and other science related topics really take a back seat importance to that.  I too have a science background and sometimes I have to remind myself that this is not a science or biochemistry or microbiology forum unless it is closely relevant to an important discussion at hand.  I got part way through revising Chris' teaching on DNA

The Incredible Edible DNA
http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/incredibledna.php

and submitting some alterations to him for his consideration but I never did get that finished.  Your posting has really prompted me that I must get back on to that and get it finished.  I'm not sure if most visitors to the site pick up their information from the articles or the forum but I see it as always good to have Chris' articles as the repository of information and over time as we find more useful information we can submit it to Chris and he may wish to change articles as he sees fit and as his time allows.

Still, it's very pleasing to read that you have an interest in paleontology and animals as you have.  If you do post to other science forums and people give you a hard time then we are always here for you too and you may even entertain us with replies you get and it helps us too to understand where some people out there are coming from.

Good you are with us Caleb

Kevin
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 11:13:43 PM »
I saw a post came through while I was writing.  I must have a closer read of your work.

Thanks again Caleb  :D

Kevin
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 11:27:46 PM »
Thanks again, Kevin, I want to help in any way I can from animals to biblical topics to just general information. This is the first time actually that I have gone into a forum. I don't have any social media accounts and just have an email account to be precise. I try to talk to people about these topics because they have never heard about these topics. People are so used to everything I hear is true, there is nothing wrong with me, I can do whatever I want, and I am still a good person. In the line of duty, I have been accused of being a racist, accused of being a child of incest, having intelligence problems, a liar, or just some moronic kid who doesn't know any better.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 11:53:13 PM »
 ;D  This has been my only forum too and so was the first place I had ever joined in a discussion online.  About two and a half years ago I started having a few emails back and forth with Chris after reading his articles and downloading and listening to his teaching but all of that time I had never clicked on the forum button because I too felt like I would have been out of my depth.  Then one day after more contact with Chris I introduced myself to the forum and have never looked back.

People sure do make lots of bad comments out in the world.  You might find that it is mainly Christ they hate because they don't like being challenged about the existence of God and that there are implications. 

Just a couple of weeks back I had a Roman Catholic Italian lady at work who grew up in South Africa blow up at me in the lunch room because I commented that evolution is a fable and totally impossible.  She is a believer in evolutionism and believes that a "spark" created life (whatever that meant) and that all of my God stuff is just rubbish.  I just smiled.  It sure made the lunch room quiet.  I know that again my quiet explanation of why it is impossible chemically, biochemically and mathematically that evolution could never occur cut them to the core.  The two visiting researchers from Denmark who normally sit talking to each other might have just receieved the most enlightening discussion in their lives.  They will never be the same again.  A liitle something for them to think about. 

All it takes is a quiet explanation with no railing or raised voices and it brings out the worst in them.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 01:18:39 AM »
One of the absurd things I find that evolutionists refuse to consider is how they know such finds are "missing links." What I mean is, how do they know that fossil creature "evolved" into something else over time? How exactly do they know that the fossil they're looking at is not a creature that just went extinct and it never evolved into anything? The entire foundation of their belief, and what they put in textbooks, is based 100% on presupposition; nothing more. Any answer to those questions, in my experience, has always been met with circular reasoning.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 06:08:43 AM »
One of the absurd things I find that evolutionists refuse to consider is how they know such finds are "missing links." What I mean is, how do they know that fossil creature "evolved" into something else over time? How exactly do they know that the fossil they're looking at is not a creature that just went extinct and it never evolved into anything? The entire foundation of their belief, and what they put in textbooks, is based 100% on presupposition; nothing more. Any answer to those questions, in my experience, has always been met with circular reasoning.

I dare you to tell her that. :)

LOL that was actually a part of what upset her.  She was the one who brought up the coelacanth (I'm not fully sure why and she was basically just giving herself enough rope to hang herself) and I commented about animals found in fossils that are still around today.  If their DNA was changing so much and so rapidly then how come they haven't evolved and they are still here. 

She has always been quite nasty towards me for no sound reason.  The way she erupted has been brewing for ages and I knew it was coming sooner or later.  She is one of the pharmacists and because over time I have sought out sound information from your teachings and other reputable sources regarding vaccination and other topics the pharmacists really don't like me at all.  I have even offered to give them links to scientific articles and they can read them themselves and they could write to the author of the articles in a professional manner and refute their findings if they wished to.  But they don't wish to because they don't want to be wrong and they don't like being shown they are wrong.  Oh very professional.  I'm just glad I never have to work with them in any way. 

I can't be sacked for the stuff I say either as I don't raise my voice and I'm not railing and I always offer to give sources for the information.  I think she might have had the idea that if she blows up then I'm not going to say things any more and I'll feel intimidated.  I'm an ex-soldier   ....  does she think I've never been yelled at before?   .....  I've been called everything there is and some of the things aren't even real words    ......  I still feel quite at home being yelled at and it's like water off a ducks back.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 08:25:28 AM »
I know about the "missing links" and how they use circular reasoning. That is a problem in of itself but I noticed a bigger one. They know several creatures didn't become anything in their eyes but they still draw them with those features. They know a T.rex didn't evolve into a bird and yet they still draw it with feathers, they know pterosaurs didn't evolve into anything and yet they still draw them with fur, the list goes on. I think it's like this: they believe everything evolutionists tell them and then like a drug they get emotionally hooked to the idea and if you try to dissuade them, you are a denier of the clear evidence. They are trying to put feathers on every dinosaur, EVERY DINOSAUR, from the long-necked sauropods, to the armored dinosaurs, to ceratopsian dinosaurs, to even the duck-billed dinosaur. There is no evidence of feathers at all, however, they have found actual bristles on dinosaurs. A bristle, however, is still a long way from being a feather. The bristles were found on a Psittacosaurus, a type of ceratopsian. I also have another question for you guys: have you ever heard of synapsid reptile or mammal-like reptiles?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 08:36:16 AM by Zoologistkid »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 06:21:33 PM »
I sometimes wonder if someone new to paleontology would think this was a dinosaur:

This is actually an emu.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 06:36:38 PM »
Thanks, Jeanne, for that information. Have you ever heard about that Marsupial Lion I mentioned earlier? I would like to see your response on it.  ;)

As for dinosaur-bird insanity, there are a few ways to make a dino-bird. Downgrade a bird into a dinosaur (Microraptor), upgrade a dinosaur into a bird by imagination ("dino-fuzz", alleged quill knobs on raptors, or even creating ones from imagination), or create a hoax like archaeoraptor. If you think about, this can be applied to all missing "links".

I also have another question: Do any of you think that at one point some the said to be extinct animals were domesticated?

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 07:05:56 PM »
No, I've never heard of a marsupial lion. But then, I've only been in Australia for about 10.5 years. I grew up in Michigan and moved here from Texas.

I'm sure a lot of the animals (if not most of them) were sort of domesticated before the flood, as it wasn't until AFTER the flood that God said he would put the fear of man into them. As to whether anyone ever rode a dinosaur (or used one to pull a plough or something), I have no clue. Unless there are cave drawings or written records of any kind detailing what kinds of animals people used, there's no way to tell.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 07:11:19 PM »
Thank you for replying, I think the lion would be a shock to see because the animal has been seen by people. There were or some interesting creatures in Australia, there were 8-10 feet tall ducks, echidnas the size of sheep, giant platypuses with teeth, and even land crocodiles called Quinkana. Onto the other question, the Ica Stones actually have what you said. There are several ones were it shows people riding on them like one would ride a horse.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:21:48 PM by Zoologistkid »