Author Topic: How did Paul became a eunuch  (Read 4143 times)

Jephte21

How did Paul became a eunuch
« on: September 21, 2018, 01:34:38 AM »
Some people argue that Paul became a eunuch when Christ appear to him as a bright light on the road to Damascus, and by that light shining upon has taken away his sexual desire. I'm not sure if that is true. Do you guys know if Paul was born a eunuch or made eunuch later in his life? Your feedback is appreciated.

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
  • Belief: Other
Re: How did Paul became a eunuch
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 05:26:58 AM »
I never heard Paul was an eunuch. I don't think he was. Have a close look at 1 Cor 7:7 For I would that all men were even as I myself (being unmarried, not being an eunuch). But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner and another after that. I think Paul indicated he had a special gift to be and remain unmarried.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »
I never heard Paul was an eunuch. I don't think he was. Have a close look at 1 Cor 7:7 For I would that all men were even as I myself (being unmarried, not being an eunuch). But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner and another after that. I think Paul indicated he had a special gift to be and remain unmarried.
+1
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Russiancoma

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 12:01:39 PM »
I had to look up being a eunic, then I thought this is not a smart thing to say. You cant be born a eunic. Adults say dumb things about church sometimes. This is dumb.why can't I have a Damascus meeting? I look for god and only see the evolution they teach at my whole school. I dont think my whole school and all my friends schools lie. Why does church say evolution is a lie?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 12:20:45 PM »
I had to look up being a eunic, then I thought this is not a smart thing to say. You cant be born a eunic. Adults say dumb things about church sometimes. This is dumb.why can't I have a Damascus meeting? I look for god and only see the evolution they teach at my whole school. I dont think my whole school and all my friends schools lie. Why does church say evolution is a lie?
First of all, no one said Paul was born a eunuch.
Second, what does evolutionism have to do with the topic of this post?
Third, you did not write any sufficient introduction (please see your original post), so you need to go back and fix that because we don't know who we are talking to.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:04:20 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Masha

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
Jehpte, never heard Paul was a eunuch, I do not believe he was.
just another man made interpretation, I do not see any Bible for it.

Jephte21

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 03:18:47 AM »

Thanks Joop for opening my eyes to the truth. I've heard people say that He was a eunuch but didn't know if that was true or not. I can understand it now , just because He was able to remain unmarried doesn't mean He was eunuch. Thanks again!! :)

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 02:33:49 PM »
Jephte I am inclined to think that the reason Paul is labelled a eunuch is because of this scripture Matthew 19:12 "For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." I believe Paul falls into the last category, for the sake of the kingdom he lived a single life and if you read more of 1 Corinthians you will understand his reasoning. I would also advise you reading Matthew 19 from the beginning to gather the context. Eunuch can possibly be understood to mean devoid of sexual desire (my own thought) and I say this because one cannot be physically castrated from the womb but one can surely be born with limited or even no interest in the marriage bed.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 08:47:25 PM »
Masha, there are birth defects that either prevent testicles from forming or that cause them not to develop properly and descend as they should during puberty. In some of these cases, they have to be surgically removed to prevent further health complications.

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
After some thought I would like to revise my earlier statement. Perhaps eunuch could be better defined as having a steady reign over one's passions. I say this because I remembered Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 7:9 KJV
"But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn."
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 10:50:16 AM »
All I know, is I have not found anything in scripture that supports Paul being a eunuch.  If I am missing something, I would love for someone to show me where.  This really sounds like some "church-ianity" teaching.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13