Author Topic: Stories  (Read 18099 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Stories
« on: August 19, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
First of all, I want to thank all of for commenting and giving such interesting conversations. Like I said I want to help and want to talk to all of you for helping in return. Next, I want to talk to you about the stories I have been mentioning. The stories will have to deal with topics like anger, poachers/conservation of the environment, and more. In the stories, a lot of them will have people becoming humbled after becoming creatures. They are still human in every inward quality like the soul, the mind, and everything else but the outside has changed. I got the idea after reading The parts of Daniel involving King Nebuchadnezzar and what had to be done to humble him. Granted, he didn't become a creature but he certainly would've looked like one by the time that was over with crazy hair, fingernails like claws, would've smelled awful, and more.
The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.
Daniel 4:33

The stories will have bible verses that will match the situations in the stories. There will be no witchcraft, no paganism, no sexual implications, no profanity, or other evil things because I want it to really reach people from their standpoints. I also want the stories to be pleasing to the Lord Jesus Christ because I am terrible at speaking because I forget words, information, names, and more in just simple conversation. I can remember the verses but I can't remember where verses come from. I can communicate better through writing stories than talking because I can get so nervous or upset in conversations that makes it look like Christianity is a place for foolish people. I want to address arguments/questions in the stories from all sides. I've been wanting to tell you all but I have been so full of anxiety again, I'm sorry if this causes you any problems.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:58:46 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
Re: Stories
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 10:59:53 PM »
I would like to see your responses to the topic I put here yesterday about my stories.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 08:53:20 PM »
It would be rather difficult to comment on stories that haven't even been written yet (or at least posted). Your ideas sound good, but we can't review anything we haven't actually read.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 10:01:58 PM »
I was wanting you to review the concept, I'm sorry if I confused you.

I mentioned the story Endangered Poachers in the Extinct animals topic. In the story, certain poachers are turned into creatures that are threatened in the wild. It will take place in Australia showing off animals that are forgotten over other ones. Everyone hears about the threatened koala but what about the dibbler, the woylie, or the black-footed tree rat. I want to show some said to be extinct ones that were killed by people, like the Thylacine. We are supposed to have dominion over the earth, right? And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 I know people are more important than animals but we are supposed to take care of them also.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:23:55 PM by Zoologistkid »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 03:18:43 AM »
I have to admit that I have sometimes wished that it was legal to hunt poachers... You would have to be very careful in your stories, however, not to give the impression that these people were in any way being reincarnated; that it was a punishment to have to live as animals and have others perceive them as such. In the case of Nebuchadnezzar, he actually became insane so that he was not capable of thinking as a human.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 07:47:28 AM »
I have so it is nothing like reincarnation because they are transformed and don't die. They are humanoid in shape, and they can still talk. However, they can understand each other, they can understand people, but people can't understand them. They look and sound like a weird animal even though they are still a person, so it would be easy to think that they are just that: an animal. If they were able to communicate with someone through writing or some other way, that someone could figure out that they are transformed, however, most people aren't going to want to sit and talk to them. What is the first thing people do when something unusual is seen in the wild? 'I gotta get out there and hunt/kill it because of Insert Reason Here'. They will also have to eat things that most people don't eat, In the of king Nebuchadnezzar it was grass, in the story, one of them begins to eat these (Giant Australasian Centipede):
That part came from Chris saying most people have never skipped a meal in their lives and from my zoology teacher while talking about some combat stories about how people will change quickly on matters of food. Most people will say I will never eat a bug, but when you haven't gotten food for a few days, beetles will begin to look as delicious as a big cut of steak. ;) 8) I think I would actually like to try them even John the Baptist enjoy locusts and wild honey. I can understand the locust part but the honey part?:P
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:02:27 AM by Zoologistkid »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 11:48:00 AM »
Now, see, you're just the opposite of me! I would rather eat honey (if I didn't have to go through the bees to get it) than something that looks like a giant grasshopper.

So would these people resemble something like a Yowie/Yeti/Bigfoot?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 01:11:52 PM »
I can't handle sweet things, they taste pure awful to me and that is what honey is, the very embodiment of sweet.  :P As for flavors, spicy, tart, and/or sour is the way to go for me. Is that the same with you or are you more of an opposite, again?

Also, what's not to love about these scrumptious creatures?
Throw a couple of them on the barbecue and they'll taste great with a little sauce. 8) ;D

As for the creature states, they have the face of the creature, their hairstyle is still there, their hands are a mixture of the animal's paws, they walk like the creature (plantigrade/digitigrade), have the tail of the creature. They are humanoid in shape still, I should say. I hope this answers your question.

I should also mention I am going to poke fun at evolutionists in the story. According to them, the only difference between a man and an animal is a little wiring upstairs. I am going to have crazy evolutionists coming up with the idea that the people in creature form are an example of evolution in action. Also according to them, natural selection causes convergent evolution to happen. Convergent evolution means that two animals that are not related get the similar appearance ( the whole concept is a cop out). So in their minds, the transformed people is evolution jumping forward and giving animals a chance at becoming a person to fight back against extinction, (Completely ludicrous I know but there are some who believe this is going to happen in real life. I still trying to figure out the details myself,  ??? ::)).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:20:22 PM by Zoologistkid »

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 04:23:20 PM »
Hi Caleb

I hope I don't put you off in any way but one of the main things you might need to think carefully about with your book is how you would get those who need to read it the most will want to read it.  Those who are against poaching and who care about animals will read it but typically the poachers won't.  There is already that problem in place with the Word of God that we are trying to address all the time.  Would a major theme of the book be to divert the reader towards Christ all the time?  If they just stop poaching animals those who had been poachers up until then will still be going in the fire of hell. 

I hope this helps in some way of helping you get the outline of your book in place before you actually start writing it.

Locusts are becoming a very popular food here in New Zealand.  Here is a typical article from the local news

Locust-eaters strip cupboard bare
https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/locust-eaters-strip-cupboard-bare

lots of other news articles on locusts too
https://www.odt.co.nz/search/results/locusts

Apparently locust biscuits etc are very palatable and very moreish and a very cheap form of good nutrition.  I'm not so sure Jeanne would like to try one though  ;)
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 04:55:49 PM »
Kevin, I will be doing that through the story. The (former) poachers are turned into creatures to have them be broken down from their state of rock hard pride. The transformed poachers go from their normal wicked lifestyle to living in the wildness (sleeping in a bed to sleeping on hard ground, trees, rocks), having to escape poachers/hunters coming after them, eating things that "civilized society" is disgusted by (grass, arthropods, and more), having to hide from people seeing them (one eyewitness is all that it takes and then twenty people are coming after you), and with nothing with but their wits to survive. Being hunted down like the animals you hunted down, would sure shake someone up, wouldn't it?

An example of this would be the poacher who becomes a northern hairy-nosed wombat guy. Northern hairy-nosed wombats are critically endangered with only a couple hundred left and live in a small national forest park called Epping Forest National forest. The forest is not even open to visitors and only volunteers, rangers, and scientists are allowed in. He with some other poachers break-in to kill a few of the wombats for a personal order. A rich person wants them for their meat and his wife wants a nice soft fur coat (these wombats have the softest fur of any wombat). When they can't find any, the group splits up and the guy transforms. The other poachers meet back up and see this weird large wombat creature making weird noises at them. The other poachers then figure it would be easier to kill just one large wombat than go through the effort of killing a few, so they turn their guns at him. This would break him down a bit, wouldn't it?

I will show the poachers to be relatable to real poachers and show off why people poach animals. The answers vary from money, commercial gain, consumption (either to prevent starvation or they just like the meat), trophies, pleasure and thrill in killing wildlife, pride, disagreeing with certain hunting regulations, claiming a traditional right to hunt, disagreeing with legal authority, say it is a part of personal or cultural history, or even feeling exhilarated and/or thrilled by outsmarting game wardens. I will be showing off the poachers being brought down into a broken state of repentance, which will be a big theme in my books. They will get new jobs after they are broken down into repentance, hunting poachers (no killing), fighting against the poacher syndicates (yes, that is a real thing, they are like the mafia and they are incredibly dangerous), and taking care of invasive animals (feral cat soup anyone?). I hope this helps explain things for you and thank you for feeling concerned. Don't be afraid to give me some more responses.

Also, thank you for the locust information, I will be reading them.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:30:41 PM by Zoologistkid »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 07:37:47 PM »
I WISH sweet things tasted bad to me as I have a serious addiction to sugar and the accompanying struggle with weight.

I was reading a novel about Africa and one of the reasons some of the natives hate elephants is because the elephants destroy the crops the people depend on for food. To them, elephants are pests, endangered or not.

So, Kevin, have YOU tried any of these locust products yet? Just the thought of eating bugs makes me want to gag...

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 07:47:56 PM »
That's another reason why people poach animals, however, there are solutions to the problem. In Africa right now, people are putting up beehive fences. Elephants are terrified of bees and they look like this:

When you have enough of these, Elephants won't even get close to them. Do you find that interesting, Jeanne?

Also, why don't you start eating lemons regularly? I actually have eaten so many lemons that I literally can't their sourness anymore. After eating, just drink some water or milk to rinse out the citric acid in your mouth. That's what I do  ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:52:53 PM by Zoologistkid »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 10:58:04 PM »
If I were to eat lemons, I'd have to put a tonne of sugar on them first...

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 11:06:59 PM »
Jeanne, I see that we are opposites a lot when it comes to flavors. There's a fruit you should try then, it is called the miracle fruit. When you eat it, you won't be able to taste anything bitter or sour for a while. A lemon would taste as sweet as a piece of candy. This is what they look like:
They are filled with a miraculin which changes your taste buds for a little while. Do you think you would try it?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 01:48:35 AM »
I wish you all the very best with your writing Caleb and I hope it brings people to Christ and to a full maturity in Christ.

I haven't tried the locusts Jeanne as I didn't know they were being eaten like that until I saw it in the news article.  I would certainly try them if I got the chance though. 

A couple of years ago I bought some freeze dried miracle berry tablets and also bought lots of a variety of sour fruit for one of our monthly Friday night get togethers after work.  At the get togethers the department puts on quite a lot of nice food all paid for and we all sit around talking into the evening until it's time to go home.  I paid for the stuff I brought along though and everyone thought they were just brilliant.

http://www.miracleberries.co.nz/about.html

Eating a lemon is like eating something that tastes like lemonade.  Cooking apples just as good. Best to use just half of a tablet or even less to condition your taste buds too and that keeps the cost down.

http://www.miracleberries.co.nz/about.html

A couple of times I have made icecream using liquid nitrogen.  Just pour it in to the cream and sugar and fruit mixture while beating and you have the most smoothest and nice tasting icecream you have ever had.  Best keep this icecream away from Jeanne ;) .  Sorry to read though Jeanne that you have a struggle with sweet food.  I'm not as trim as I used to be and must shed a couple of kilos.  During the cold winter months it is easy to eat more food than normal.

That system of having the bee hives to protect against elephants is certainly innovative.  Thanks for posting that Caleb as I really like seeing things like that put in to practice.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 05:50:34 AM »
Thanks for that website, Kevin, I'll have to give those a try! I had never heard of them before. I'll check first to see if we can get them here in Aus...

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 08:30:55 AM »
You're welcome, Kevin like I said I want to help you out with information. I want the Endangered Poachers books to be readable to all sides, to poachers and to animal lovers because both sides can still end up in hell. Poachers break the law, slaughter animals, commit sedition, and more but animal lovers do the same all the time. Animal lovers usually give more worth to animals than people; they fantasize about poachers being torn to pieces and cheer when it happens in real life.  In most stories involving poachers, guess what happens? They are murdered mercilessly by the animals they hunt after. Poachers are treated as if they are incapable of repentance, shame, or guilt. I want to show the hypocrisy of the animal lovers along with poachers in the story.

I also want to break the age-old mold that is everywhere. Don't forget, environmentalists are treated as if they do no wrong because they care for the earth. In all forms of media, land developers are treated as if they are satanical, forests are sacred sites, people are a virus to the earth and other bizarre beliefs. I want to show their hypocrisy also because it is such a rare thing to do.

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
Caleb, I see a number of issues with what you have described as being the premise of your stories.
By what power are these people turned into animals? There is no such example in Scripture thus, you cannot rightly label it the power of GOD.

The Bible describes mankind as being a little lower than the angels.
Ps 8:4 "What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour"
The kind of creature you are describing cannot represent man as designed by GOD.

What would be the difference between what you are describing and the werewolf concept (which is wicked)? A person is either a person or we are taking about something else. There is no humanoid or part wolf, part human. Once a person "becomes" an animal, how can they be human as well?  In the order of creation there are the heavenly bodies, the plants, the land, sea and flying creatures. When GOD created these HE spoke to the waters and the earth (Genesis 1: 20-25). When HE created man HE spoke to HIMSELF (Genesis 1: 26), this illustrates that man and animal are entirely separate.  {The only example I can think of where something remotely like this is represented in Scripture is in the book of Ezekiel and it speaks of "living creatures", having the likeness of a man, which is not to say they were men. I will freely admit that there are things going on in some parts of Ezekiel (and the Bible in its entirety) that are beyond my comprehension.}
Nevertheless, please consider the philosophy your stories will/do portray. Your desire to discuss your viewpoints would be well-served tempered by Biblical truth.

Finally, repentance that is not toward GOD first and foremost is not the kind of repentance that changes a man in a lasting and meaningful way. Being sorry for killing animals and being grieved by the weight of one's sin are as far as east is from west.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 03:38:13 PM »
Smolemong, thank you for your worries and for seeing issues. They will be a person even after changing, not because they are a homo sapien sapiens, but because they have an eternal spirit, which animals do not have. They are still a person, I have and will not even mention that they are animals or part animals at all because I want to drill it into people's heads that man is not an animal. People in the story may mistakenly think that they are animals but they are not one in the slightest. Also, don't forget poachers commit a number of other sins like lying, hatred, sedition, drunkenness, revelings, emulations, uncleanness, pride, have no charity, fornication, adultery, murder,  and more. I don't have anything (no stories) that have to do with werewolves because, like I said, I don't want anything to do with paganism. I am going to weave the facts, verses, and more into the stories instead of merely regurgitating them out. I am also going to have nothing with concepts like talking animals, animals becoming people, aliens, the living dead, and others. I'm sorry if I bothered you in any way, Smolemong.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2018, 05:13:32 PM »
Caleb, I just want to point out that her name is not Smolemong, any more than yours is Zoologistkid. Everyone's first name is listed at the bottom of their profile, just as yours is, and her name is Silindile.

I, too, have concerns about how these transitions will take place and how they will be portrayed but will reserve judgement until such time as you actually have one ready to read/review.