Author Topic: Mammal-like reptiles  (Read 2144 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Mammal-like reptiles
« on: October 11, 2018, 10:38:47 AM »
Hey guys, have any of you ever heard of the synapsids, the mammal-like reptiles? I've been researching them and had an idea. What if these creatures, which are said to have fur, whiskers, and other mammal traits, were just chimeric creatures like the platypus? The evolutionists say that these creatures were the origin of mammals, which isn't true. The point I am getting at is, do you think that these creatures could've have been neither mammals or reptiles, just creatures in their own group that have both features of mammals and reptiles. I must praise God for creating all of his creatures because they are so awesome. His creativity knows no bounds, just look at us. But of course, we must remember who ruined it all: us.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: Mammal-like reptiles
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 03:15:06 PM »
But of course, we must remember who ruined it all: us.

Hi Caleb

That all of these animals are no more seems to be more the hand of God than of man.  The flood caused by God wiped just about all ground dwelling life from the face of the earth (and probably almost 100% of bird life) except for those which were on the ark.  Of the animals that were then still around after the flood many may have become extinct but in the grand scheme of things surely that is a minor issue.  What is important is that God has put in place a plan of redemption for mankind and so death no longer has a sting.  Because God knows the beginning and the end He already knew all that was going to happen and so He already knew (planned) that eventually the whole earth (and the heavens and everything) was also going to be burned with fire anyway and that will include all animals and they will be no more. 

Hence the real importance of the teaching of God's plan of redemption to the wider world.  The only real use I see in fossil evidence is to show people that evolution is impossible and didn't happen and that once the whole world was flooded by a cataclysm and what were the reasons for that and what implications that has for us today.

Rgrds Caleb

Kevin
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 05:27:55 PM »
Thanks, Kevin, for your response that is a good point.  ;D I can think of another usage of all of those fossils: to prove that God is the ultimate artist. Sure his creation was corrupted, but His beauty is still there. They keep (unintentionally) proving the Bible true like what they found recently: omnivorous sharks.

This is a bonnethead shark, logic says if there is one shark that is an omnivore, there has got to be more. I want to get the message of repentance out and want to explain what these creatures really are. They are not evolutionary experiments, missing links, or any other evolution junk, they are His creations and so are we.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 08:20:29 PM »
I can think of another usage of all of those fossils: to prove that God is the ultimate artist.

That is a good point Caleb.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 10:39:17 PM »
Thanks, Kevin :), you can see His creativity, look at how many different varieties of crocodilian creatures that are known to exist or are said to be extinct. There were/are land crocs
(Cat croc, named because of cat-like traits, like teeth), digging crocodiles
(Pug croc, plant-eating, fossorial), sea croc
(Marine crocodiles, built like dolphins/whales), and more. There were reptilian cows (scutosaurus), anteaters (drepanosaurus), and for real insanity here is Deinocheirus, (It may be a bird or a dinosaur, I'm not sure):

It had a hump like a camel, claws like a sloth, a beak-like a spoonbill, and other bizarre traits. The reason why He was the greatest artist is because He created these creatures from scratch.