Author Topic: Dinosaur sightings: Reality vs fiction  (Read 7721 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Dinosaur sightings: Reality vs fiction
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2018, 11:53:48 AM »
Hey guys, remember what I said about those "dinosaur" groups turn out to be birds. I researching the groups that are claimed to have feathers but not true feathers or pennaceous feathers as they are called. These groups are claimed to have filamentous or plumulaceous feathers, which are found in modern-day birds like this vulture:

These include the first fuzzy dinosaur they found, sinosauropteryx, and even a type of tyrannosaur, yutryannus. These creatures are claimed to have feathers but like I said not true feathers with rachis, barbs, and other structures. But actually, are said to more similar to fur, instead of the awesome complexity that is a feather. It is supposed to go scales, to filamentous, to plumulaceous, and to finally to pennaceous feathers. How this happened is left to, where else? Imagination.

However, they found something that certain dinosaur had, that is quite interesting: Bristles. Here is a Psittacosaurus, a type of horned dinosaur like triceratops, skeleton with bristles on its tail:
Some evolutionists have said that these bristles are feathers, however, this is like comparing your teeth to a whale's baleen. I think it is just God's awesome creativity with these bristles, the other structures are skin fraying as the animal fossilizes, which the most likely explanation, or could be unique furlike structures, which is the least likely explanation for those structures.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 07:46:26 PM »
What is the difference between true feathers and pennaceous feathers

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 09:35:55 PM »
Pennaceous feathers are true feathers, I'm sorry if I confused you, Billy, ;D. The word pennaceous is merely the scientific word for true feathers, I'm sorry if I made it sound like they were two separate things.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2018, 12:20:59 AM »
So what would be feathers that are not true feathers and what is the difference between the 2

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2018, 08:22:25 AM »
Filamentous feathers are the bristles found in many creatures they are just long unbranched structure like fur. Plumulaceous feathers are basically what down feathers are made of, this is a true feather: and here is a down feather:

It is easy to see the difference isn't it, Billy?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 06:47:04 PM »
Ok I now see I have seen birds with both. But here is something you might find interesting. In the book of job chapter 40 it describes behemoth. There is only one animal that I can find to fit the description and that is the long neck dinosaur. The way it sounds in the bible is behemoth is not afraid of the water. Probably spends a lot of time in water like a hippocampus.  If you would to look at the skull of the long neck dinosaur you will find the top of his head has this hump. If you would to look at it from a top angle, it would appear that it might be a blow hole like a wales. What do you think of the top of behemoths  head?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 09:59:48 PM »
I think that some of the sauropods were aquatic in some ways, while others would go on land. They ranged in size from an elephant to the largest land animals, they were very interesting. Behemoth clearly was a sauropod, however, many young and old earth advocate don't want to believe that it was a sauropod, as you can see in this leavened website talk genesis:
http://www.talkgenesis.org/behemoth-cant-be-a-sauropod/ You can see the fallacies for yourself and the foolishness that this blind website has. Behemoth was a sauropod, not an elephant or a hippotamus or any other creature that has to any other thing but a dinosaur. This same website is trying to say that Halloween isn't Samhain, which is not true, it is a pagan holiday like Christmas.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:02:51 PM by Zoologistkid »