Author Topic: Scott Johnson contending for the truth  (Read 10389 times)

Masha

Re: Scott Johnson contending for the truth
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 04:37:58 AM »
Hi there , just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I have listened to Scot for years, yet he started to get off the path with the Neplilim thing, i have not really followed him ever since,. He is a brother tough, so we should really pray!!!!
He has helped me quite a bit especially with his health section.
Sam Adams is really the only one I recommend at this point. We were about to move to his area to be able to join his congregation. He has not taught anything out of the KJV doctrine, and Ive listened to most of his teachings.
Nevertheless I do recommend GODS WORD above all. God has made it so that we can , with simple understanding, understand Gods word, and He is faithfull as to lead us into all knwoledge of the Truth. Everyone has things to learn and blind spots to be cleared up. We need to pray for Scot Johnson that he will have his eyes opened and his discernment back where it used to be!!!

Zack

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2018, 06:04:03 PM »
Hello all,

I'm new, but here's my 2 cents.

I have listened to Scott a lot in the earlier days - his dedicated teachings have helped me a ton at least in understanding what's out there.  For example:  I didn't have to go find out what 'charismania' was on my own... this is the case for other dedicated teachings he's done. I'd be lying if his teachings weren't instrumental in me coming to Christ. I'm thankful for what he's done to an extent.

However, the last couple years it has been difficult to follow the 'current events' stuff, just because there are so many bad alternative media out there and a lot of it is flat out junk and controlled opposition related 'news'. I mean we should at least have the discernment at this point to see  that Alex Jones is likely an actor at best who references zero scripture... there is no point in referencing him or his ilk.  Also - Trump is really no different than Hilliary  IMO - same coin. It would appear that many of us have been influenced by Scott - We ought to pray for him and not think that we are beyond being lead astray even if you are saved.

Also - I am thankful for Chris's effort in teaching sound doctrine and solid research -- however:   saying you're only going to listen to him is in fact: Respecting Persons

Regarding: Mandela Effect and Flat Earth -- this is just my opinion,

...but there is more than meets the eye here.  The fact that there is a psyop and controlled narrative here should make your ears perk up. Why ?  Because there is something here likely they are trying to supress/control while at the same time throw most people out to  left field at the expense of their reputation.  My point here is clearly there is a lot trash related to these issues -- but I suspect something is there. IE: the Earth is probably round but the Nasa moon stuff is junk so lets throw those people with the flat earthers... or   there could be something going on with CERN but lets throw anyone trying to figure out what.. into the box with the mandela effect psychos....  These things are very orchestrated and I would be very careful with them before you make blanket statments.

I cannot say for certain what is going on with Cern or the other wickedness/deception : but there are some instances that make me wonder as it seems off to me:

ie- And Forgive us our debts, as we gorgive our debtors    -Matthew 6:12    Was this not tresspasses ?  *Me asking this does not constitute my support for Mandela for those who jump to conclusions*

One thing that I have noticed in the last few years is that : Many people underestimate the craftiness of OUR enemy.

If you think you are beyond being deceived or think that someone like Scott or even Christ couldn't be deceived then you have much to learn...

-Zack

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:10:40 PM by Zack »

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2018, 06:48:54 PM »
Zack, you're reminding me of my "conspiracy days". I believed in a flat earth but not the Mandela effect. The guy I followed is called Russianvids. According to him, there is lies in the news but the "truth" is in the movies. In other words, movies or some other creation of man would reveal the "truth" in some phrase. He would use the Bible as a way to prove things and point out that this world is deceived by Satan (ironically I think he got Russianvids, too). He would use numerology and if someone's or something's name added up to a certain number, it would be a freemason thing like 33 or 18 which means 666. He would point their hand signs like the ok symbol meant 666. I really regret following the guy and I stopped following him when I started to follow CLE. I was a long time follower when Chris released his Freemason article and I got the real truth.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:52:23 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2018, 06:55:00 PM »
Also - I am thankful for Chris's effort in teaching sound doctrine and solid research -- however:   saying you're only going to listen to him is in fact: Respecting Persons
Then you either don't know what respecting persons is, or you misunderstood what they were saying. I would listen to Scott Johnson again if he would teach what was Biblically sound again, but because he wants to go down another path, I'm not going to listen to him anymore. We are not supposed to be listening to leavened doctrine; thus, refusing to listening to a leavened preacher, and preferring to listen to an unleavened preacher, is not respecting persons.

To respect persons is to be willing only to listen to someone because of their credentials, title, rank, wealth, or other status symbol. There are Christians here who have listened to both myself, and Scott Johnson, and have chosen to depart from Scott because of the leaven.

It would be prudent to learn what these things mean before accusing others here of sin.
Respecting Persons is Sin
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2018, 07:02:24 PM »
Zack, you are so right! There are a lot of people putting out info that the 'powers that be' don't want known for some reason so they are distracting with all kinds of DISinformation and people are left to themselves to figure out which is which. The only thing we DO know for sure is that:

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2018, 06:20:41 AM »
I too used to listen to Scott Johnson. I liked his teachings about Christmas and exposing the Walt Disney Company. Then all of a sudden he started a, as I would call it, kind off horoscopy, all about conspiracies everywhere. Sigh! Yes, I believe in conspiracies, and no, I don't believe you can find them behind every tree in the wood.

Zack

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2018, 05:30:36 AM »
Zack, you're reminding me of my "conspiracy days". I believed in a flat earth but not the Mandela effect. The guy I followed is called Russianvids. According to him, there is lies in the news but the "truth" is in the movies. In other words, movies or some other creation of man would reveal the "truth" in some phrase. He would use the Bible as a way to prove things and point out that this world is deceived by Satan (ironically I think he got Russianvids, too). He would use numerology and if someone's or something's name added up to a certain number, it would be a freemason thing like 33 or 18 which means 666. He would point their hand signs like the ok symbol meant 666. I really regret following the guy and I stopped following him when I started to follow CLE. I was a long time follower when Chris released his Freemason article and I got the real truth.

Hey Zoologistkid, I agree about the conspiracy junk you are referring to. I believe I mentioned this in one of my articles. I found it to be ironic that a lot of people would find themselves watching an hour long breakdown of wicked imagery for a 5 minute music video ?

There is a lot of deception in both flat earth and mandela it would appear.  My question regarding the 'trespasses' seems to be from the book of common prayer ?  Maybe from my early churchianity days as child perhaps. Someone let me know on the 'trespasses' thing. I thought I made it clear by asking this that I didn't adhere to mandela ??

After my post I listened to Sam Adam's Sermon regarding mandela here:  https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=72318555260

Zack

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2018, 05:52:58 AM »
Then you either don't know what respecting persons is, or you misunderstood what they were saying. I would listen to Scott Johnson again if he would teach what was Biblically sound again, but because he wants to go down another path, I'm not going to listen to him anymore. We are not supposed to be listening to leavened doctrine; thus, refusing to listening to a leavened preacher, and preferring to listen to an unleavened preacher, is not respecting persons.

To respect persons is to be willing only to listen to someone because of their credentials, title, rank, wealth, or other status symbol. There are Christians here who have listened to both myself, and Scott Johnson, and have chosen to depart from Scott because of the leaven.

It would be prudent to learn what these things mean before accusing others here of sin.
Respecting Persons is Sin

Hey Chris,

From the way I read it - it seemed like he was respecting your person because of your status online, youtube, forum owner, etc.

I'm sure there are other "Johnsons" who are biblically sound out there-  that's my point.  I'm not sure I could make that statement myself:

"The only Johnson I will listen to is Chris Johnson , He does a very good job on his teachings and I learned a lot from his teachings ."

Given the context of the post - it was not wise of me to jump to conclusions and will amend this as needed...

Regarding Scott:

I'm not sure where the disagreement is.  I think it would be wise to not listen as well from what I'm seeing.  I also think that he has lost his way on some things and doesn't seem to have much accountability.  At the same time - I believe it's possible for someone to be saved and lose their way. That's why I suggested praying for him to get back sound doctrine and away from the 'red alert' junk.  I also give him credit in his efforts in his early teaching which has helped me see some things. I only recently have been checking his stuff out again because like most here -- I didn't like the way things were going for quite some time...

Have you taken him off your site ?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:56:44 AM by Zack »

Zack

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2018, 06:40:24 AM »
Hello all,

I'm new, but here's my 2 cents.

I have listened to Scott a lot in the earlier days - his dedicated teachings have helped me a ton at least in understanding what's out there.  For example:  I didn't have to go find out what 'charismania' was on my own... this is the case for other dedicated teachings he's done. I'd be lying if his teachings weren't instrumental in me coming to Christ. I'm thankful for what he's done to an extent.

However, the last couple years it has been difficult to follow the 'current events' stuff, just because there are so many bad alternative media out there and a lot of it is flat out junk and controlled opposition related 'news'. I mean we should at least have the discernment at this point to see  that Alex Jones is likely an actor at best who references zero scripture... there is no point in referencing him or his ilk.  Also - Trump is really no different than Hilliary  IMO - same coin. It would appear that many of us have been influenced by Scott - We ought to pray for him and not think that we are beyond being lead astray even if you are saved.

Regarding: Mandela Effect and Flat Earth -- this is just my opinion,

...but there is more than meets the eye here.  The fact that there is a psyop and controlled narrative here should make your ears perk up. Why ?  Because there is something here likely they are trying to supress/control while at the same time throw most people out to  left field at the expense of their reputation.  My point here is clearly there is a lot trash related to these issues -- but I suspect something is there. IE: the Earth is probably round but the Nasa moon stuff is junk so lets throw those people with the flat earthers... or   there could be something going on with CERN but lets throw anyone trying to figure out what.. into the box with the mandela effect psychos....  These things are very orchestrated and I would be very careful with them before you make blanket statments.

I cannot say for certain what is going on with Cern or the other wickedness/deception : but there are some instances that make me wonder as it seems off to me:

ie- And Forgive us our debts, as we gorgive our debtors    -Matthew 6:12    Was this not tresspasses ?  *Me asking this does not constitute my support for Mandela for those who jump to conclusions*

One thing that I have noticed in the last few years is that : Many people underestimate the craftiness of OUR enemy.

If you think you are beyond being deceived or think that someone like Scott or even Christ couldn't be deceived then you have much to learn...

-Zack

@Jeanne - yes there is so much deception - I don't want to ever think that I am beyond being susceptible to it.

***Also, WOW - re-reading my post I realized I made a crucial spelling error --

"One thing that I have noticed in the last few years is that : Many people underestimate the craftiness of OUR enemy.

If you think you are beyond being deceived or think that someone like Scott or even Christ couldn't be deceived then you have much to learn..."

It should have been Scott or even Chris... not Christ. :( Will be more careful in the future.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2018, 06:51:11 PM »
I just wanted to add a little here.

I think it was Brian Holycross that told me once that Scott Johnson was saying something very hypocritical. . .  I never did look up the interview. 

I have not listened to him in a long time: Brian or Scott, LOL!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Zack

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2018, 06:48:41 PM »
*bump*

I'm revisiting this thread to either be corrected /amend the situation or move on with what I understood as 'respecting persons' in this context.