Author Topic: Tony Breenan  (Read 6119 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Tony Breenan
« on: November 23, 2018, 06:12:12 PM »
Chris, I was looking up on Tony Brennan's leavened website and this is what he says about you. From his Rogues gallery, he calls you an "ultra-legalist" along with saying you are a nonfundamentalist because you take the fun out of everything. That "fun" being pagan holidays, foc3 incorporated, pagan symbols, concordances/lexicons, rock music, and fantasy novels. He even claims that
he once boasted that hed stumped me based on the fact that I wasnt answering him because hed blocked me on Facebook and could neither see nor respond to his posts

I can see why he departed from your ministry, you weren't a fun person, along with the alien insanity he believes in.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:28:19 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Tony Breenan
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 06:46:14 PM »
Do you mean "Breeden?'
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 07:00:19 PM »
Its obvious all of those things are of satan, so he must obviously be deceived. This life we have been given by God isnt to be taken as fun or as some big joke to have fun every day.  My dad once told me to stop taking all of these things so seriously and to just have fun. my dad is that kind of guy who just buys expensive things So i told him this

Matthew 19: 16-26

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

obviously he was offended.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
Re: Tony Breeden
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 07:17:39 PM »
Chris, I meant to say Breeden but my computer changed it to say Brennan, I don't know why exactly. His claim is quite false because as memory serves, the reason why is you block all posts is the fact that such places don't allow proper conversations. He is a fun lover, that is for sure, he has even claimed it should be a sin for any teaching to get rid of fun, his idea of "fun" is wicked movies, books, and more. He is one of those alien fanatics who laugh at the idea that aliens are demons who are deceiving people.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:23:41 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Masha

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 03:56:46 AM »
I have not looked into the man website, but this verse came to my mind.

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

His idea of fun is evil, it is not good.

And it also sounds like he says that we, that are of Christ, are not having ' fun' (= joy)
That is a lie.
Psa 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Galatians 5:  22, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 11:03:42 AM »
Masha, I've noticed the same message that we Christians suck the fun out of everything from atheists. You should see some of the comments on Brian Moonan's videos like the videos against Marvel comics, witchcraft, fantasy novels. They declare us to be fun-killers because we are exposing their favorite evil things. Breeden, however, poorly defends these concepts calling them good. I mean poorly because he uses the exact same bad arguments that Chris has exposed to be lies. For example, Breeden says that while the holidays may have pagan roots, so what? The names for the days in the week have a pagan origin. Or in his Rock and roll article that is clearly a bad name "Thank God for Christian rock", he says that we are using a reductionist fallacy but Psalms gives us a clear understanding of how to praise God.

Worst of all is the fact that he yokes up with everybody, "Rev" Rick Warren, Martin Luther King Jr. lovers, Foc3 incorporated churches, ufo believers, "Christian" rockers, holiday lovers, and more. It is very clear that the man has no understanding and I can see the venom of his pride dripping nonstop especially in that rock and roll article and in his article where he explains why he dropped the word reverend on his website. The reason why he dropped it is that he never liked it anyway, or so he claims but is very clear to see the pride in his writings. He almost never references scripture anywhere in articles, especially in his articles defending any of his beloved idols.

On a side note, I want to say thank God for letting me find all of you because you have all helped me gain an understanding of the truth. I am still trying to rid myself of all of the wicked things that I am interested in, some things are easier than others to get away from. If I had joined up with him, I would have been told it is perfectly fine to do such things and said it was fine for me to work on my stories because there is no problem with them because Breeden himself is creating a fantasy series.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 12:24:45 PM »
For example, Breeden says that while the holidays may have pagan roots, so what? The names for the days in the week have a pagan origin. Or in his Rock and roll article that is clearly a bad name "Thank God for Christian rock", he says that we are using a reductionist fallacy but Psalms gives us a clear understanding of how to praise God.
Yeah, he claims a lot of fallacies that he 1) doesn't understand what the fallacy is, and 2) falsely attributes it to us. For example, the fallacy of Causal Reduction is to claim that cause of a thing had only a single source, but in the instance of Christmas, I don't teach that.

Paganism/witchcraft was filtered through Catholicism, and then spread out around the world, which is why the traditions around the world are so very similar and uniform. Therefore, it is not a single cause, but multiple causes which brought it about, which means we're not arguing Causal Reduction, and if he wants to argue that were still reducing it (i.e. through 2 or 3 causes instead of a single cause), then that would mean everything that exists in the world is a logical fallacy, which is absurd. In short, he not only doesn't understand what the fallacy is and how it applies, but he also falsely attributes it to people because of his misunderstanding.

He does this with a lot of logical fallacies, and then sits back and thinks he's really smart. That's the very definition of arrogance. It's amazing how many times he and his crowd told me I was arrogant, but just read his writings a little and you should be able to see the difference.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 12:50:19 PM »
I can see the venom of arrogance dripping in his writings like how he interacts with people who know aliens are demons. He calls the idea sensationalistic, false, unprovable, and a number of words that could be brought down into saying "you're stupid". As I said, in many of his articles he never uses the Bible for references like his alien articles, defending sci-fi/fantasy stuff, or any other topic for that matter. He also claims that Chris does this:
Despite the fact that his (rock and roll) article has been thoroughly refuted, he has posted an expanded 4-part version of it on YouTube. Anyone who asks him about my article is termed a Breedenite and summarily dismissed [pearls and swine, anyone?]

Let me guess, Chris, most fanboys/girls of Breeden, when they came to "ask" about the article, weren't asking were they? Let me guess again, their "questions" involved railing, boasting, arrogant behaviors, and more, right?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:53:57 PM by Zoologistkid »

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »
This conversation really caught my interest!  I remember Chris talking about this guy.

Of course the atheists think believers suck the fun out of things.  If you don't have a Lord and Savior to worship, you will chase the things of this world. . . Isn't there a verse about that in Romans? Romans 1:24 was the only one I could remember.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

(I am still trying to break NIV in my life and learn everything in KJV)

Isn't there another verse that talks about this is how you will know you have done things right: when those of the world hate you?

Just my thoughts.  So sad, this man.  He is going the wrong way fast.  :-\

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 04:28:35 PM »
Tonya, you are correct, but one could say that he is only hated by those he wants to hate him, he wants to be hated by evolutionists, atheists, and by those he considers are false Christians like the modern day Pharisees (us), legalists (us again), those who use a KJV Bible without using a concordance/lexicon along with original Greek teaching (Guess who?), and anything we are against he is for completely and entirely.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:31:46 PM by Zoologistkid »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »
Actually, no one really asked because no one knew what I wrote. We had people point out to him that he was critiquing my writing, but then not providing a link/reference/site where they could go to verify the information and quotes. (i.e. He didn't want them going to read my article for themselves.)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
Looks like it is just another lie that he has told as fact without verification, according to him we are all Pharisees because of this verse Colossian:
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? Colossians 2:20-23

Ironically, because we reject holidays, rock music, and more we are Pharisees last time I checked the verse was talking about men like Breeden himself.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 11:18:17 AM »
This man is the king of hypocrites in his organization, he says that "truth isn't always well received". In that context, he is talking about aliens, but he denies that they are demonic. He even jokes that aliens and vaccines are connected, they both don't cause autism.  ??? Seriously?
But here is the most hypocritical thing I've seen so far:
Im sure this notion of worship as form and ritual would square well with the legalistic Taste Not, Touch Not, Handle Not religiosity of Modern-day Pharisees and other legalists, but that is another matter entirely. You must remember that the Pharisees of Jesus day were very committed to the Word of God, so much so that they came up with extra rules and prohibitions designed to safeguard the individual from even the chance of sinning against God. Yet they are recorded as some of the strongest opponents to Jesus ministry and the early Church. In Matthews Gospel we find Jesus commenting on the extra Dos and Donts of the Pharisees:

Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. [Matthew 15:6b-9]

Kind of sounds like He didnt approve.

Christ was talking about men like Breeden, he is using this verse in defense of the pagan holiday of Christmas!

He even says that we are committing the genetic fallacy because we are looking at the origin of something and not at its modern-day meaning or context, but Jesus Christ said that we must look at something's origin to discover the truth if it is good or evil.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:26:24 AM by Zoologistkid »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »
That's another great example of what I said earlier: Breeden does not understand the fallacies he's claiming, and then falsely accuses us of using them. The genetic fallacy is a method by which someone avoids a topic by shifting the subject on to origins, which is not what's taking place. What's happening is the exact opposite: We are arguing the origin of Christmas is evil, and continues to be so to this day because it has no foundation in the Word of God (i.e. the doctrine of Jesus), whereas Breeden is attempting to shift the subject to modern-day interpretations, or in other words, he's using a form of ad populem (i.e. majority opinion) to redefine Christmas to a cultural standard, when even the populus has different opinions about it.

The genetic fallacy actually looks something like this:
I heard on TV that eggs will give you a heart attack, therefore, eggs are unhealthy and dangerous.
Or here's another one:
My teacher told me that Nazism productive for a country, therefore, Nazism is good.

The genetic fallacy uses upbringing as a justification for the conclusion, which actually means that Breeden is the one committing the genetic fallacy. He believes because his parents or his church taught him that Christmas was about Jesus, therefore, Christmas is about Jesus; that's the genetic fallacy in a nutshell.

So not only does he not understand the fallacies he's claiming, but he's hypocritically guilty of using those same fallacies as a foundation to justify his points.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »
I've also found one of the most infuriating statements ever made:
You see, every example we can cite for storytelling from the Bible involves stories that teach or preach, and yet it

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 03:51:20 PM »
Sorry, my quote didn't go:
You see, every example we can cite for storytelling from the Bible involves stories that teach or preach, and yet its almost common wisdom that good Christian fiction doesnt preach or contain explicit Christian messages. Some authors even go so far as to say that Christian fiction is simply fiction written by Christians from their inherent Christian worldview.
He is shocked to see this and can't see it in so-called Christian rock!

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 04:31:28 PM »
You see, every example we can cite for storytelling from the Bible involves stories
Amazing.

Again, his argument is from "common wisdom," which is not sound argument. That applies ad populem (majority opinion) and the genetic fallacy we just discussed because he'll claim that, though common for people to do such things, therefore, that makes it right. It's pure hypocrisy and childishness on his part.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 04:44:35 PM »
I've also found what he is a fan of Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Superman, Wonder woman, horror movies, various sci-fi movies, Marvel stuff, the lost series, and more, which he defends with very poor arguments. He tries to justify horror by saying that
Despite the horrors of the Old Testament, the Crucifixion (a lot of folks find The Passion of the Christ to be more gut-wrenching and visceral than many horror films, and its just a visual telling of the Gospel account), future prophecy and Foxes Book of Martyrs, the average guy in the pew is taught to think of horror as Satanic. Despite the fact that Bram Stokers Dracula and Dantes Inferno are both horor [sic] reflecting a Christian worldview, the genre receives a blanket condemnation from most Christian pulpits.

Gee, I wonder why,  ::)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 09:59:42 AM »
I just thought of something remember this verse:
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. 2 Corinthians 2:11
and this verse
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:31-32

Tony Breeden is not in God's word, so obviously, the truth has not set him free. He is ignorant of Satan's devices, considering how he just loves rock and roll, fantasy, horror movies, sci-fi stuff, and has all of these strange beliefs that are not founded in scripture. For example, he believes that "Christians will colonize the Cosmos!" You can see the arrogance dripping through his words in that article:
My fear is that despite the example of godly astronauts, Christians will abandon space the way weve neglected scifi, making the ether a godless expanse by default. After all, some are already saying theres nothing to see, because its all about the Earth, leaving us to wonder what the point of space exploration really is.

There is a reason why Christians are neglecting sci-fi and space: they are both too worldly and are used as distractions from the Bible. Does Breeden get that? Of course not, he has a whole website about aliens called Exotheology.com. You can see it for yourself.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:03:20 AM by Zoologistkid »