Author Topic: Answers in Genesis  (Read 14928 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Answers in Genesis
« on: January 19, 2019, 10:03:41 AM »
I was on the Answers in Genesis website and saying that the claims that they are using Tax dollars to build the Ark are nothing more than a bald-faced lie. They have lied in the past, I would like to know if they are lying in this instance like they are on the topics of holidays, new-age bible versions, lexicons/concordances, and so on. I do think they are lying because of the fact that many of these so-called Christians do many unbiblical things like yoking up with FOc3 organizations.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: Answers in Genesis
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 10:10:07 AM »
I'm not sure what you were saying.
Is AiG claiming that they ARE, or ARE NOT, using tax dollars in their ministry.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 10:11:29 AM »
Yes, I am sorry for not explaining further, I would like to know if they are lying.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 10:13:02 AM »
What is AiG's statement that is in question?
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:17:13 AM »
That the claim is nothing more than a lie.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 11:05:37 AM »
If AiG is a tax-exempt organization I believe that means that they simply don't pay certain taxes, while other similar businesses do pay those taxes.
So I guess the question is, is not paying taxes the same as receiving tax money? I don't think so.
However, I'm not sure that is precisely what is going on.
Additionally, the government does not give an organization tax exemption for no reason. It is definitely not out of the kindness of their heart. Some sort of compromise or concession is required.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 12:12:12 PM »
He's not asking about tax exemption; he's asking if Ham and his crew used tax funding to build their giant useless boat. And the answer is: Yes, they did. If they said on their website that they didn't, then they are liars because I have been slowly saving up information to one day, maybe, do a "Wolves in Costume: Ken Ham" teaching to fully expose him. I have the documentation with AiG letterhead stating that they would be using a system which is called "Tax Increment Financing," in which the local county pays a certain amount for the construction of an attraction under the gamble that in 20-30 years, the economy of the county would boost, and business owners would make back the money through increased tourist activity.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 01:05:04 PM »
Thank you, Chris, because I knew they were probably lying about that but I needed confirmation about it. AIG and Ham are saying the fact they did use TAX funds is nothing more than a lie from the atheists, secular humanists, evolutionists, and more. They have even said that "our new year's resolution is to be more for biblical authority" or something like that. They even claimed to fight new age philosophies and other things, which show them off to be liars. LIke trying to fight Planned Parenthood while at same time yoked up with Planned Parenthood.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 05:56:31 PM »
I have a question. Do the boat actually flotation or just a building shape as a boat?

I stop trusting any ministry that has some kind of museum. Every instance I have found they are not true born again. But con men to make a quick buck.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 06:45:29 PM »
I can understand when people make an actual working ark, but their ark is as seaworthy as my pet cat, Lily.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 03:29:13 AM »
How disappointing, all that money spent and they couldn't even get it to float

Masha

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 04:38:39 AM »
I visited a copy of the ark in The Netherlands. It was laying in the water. I believe I read that they moved it to another place over water. I am not sure if what you are talking about is the same one?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 05:07:25 AM »
I do not know they had one in the Netherlands. Is it by the same ministry?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 08:56:51 AM »
I was talking about Ken Ham's unbiblical useless land boat in Kentucky.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 02:31:49 PM »
I can understand when people make an actual working ark, but their ark is as seaworthy as my pet cat, Lily.

Genesis 6:14 KJV Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt 👉pitch it within and without with pitch👈.

A coating of ugly pitch wouldn't have been as aesthetically appealing.
Apparently Ken Ham didn't want to spoil the beautiful wood grain finish.
So much for authenticity.  :(

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 04:46:26 PM »
It is not even built to scale. The top window should be a lot smaller then it is. But having it to the right size just wont look that good.

Masha

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 11:01:22 AM »
The ark was moved from Dordrecht , The Netherlands to South America. It was built by Johan Huibers, through a foundation. And there is some collaboration with  Ark of Noah Foundation in Pasadena, Californi

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 03:59:15 AM »
With the current discussion I finally remembered and got around to having a look at this

https://www.google.co.nz/search?ei=Z29NXNjsHMmw9QOPuKo4&q=%22Dordrecht%22+%22South+America%22+%22Ark%22&oq=%22Dordrecht%22+%22South+America%22+%22Ark%22&gs_l=psy-ab.12...4453.10445..12708...0.0..0.292.1428.2-6......0....1..gws-wiz.......33i160j33i21.h7X32-47RMg

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-ideas/weird-and-wacky/a-huge-boat-inspired-by-noahs-ark-is-heading-for-america/news-story/47a298ea5c454523ff315d225bfa3b33

Possibly quite OK for a non-Christian to do it as a money making venture like any other museum, but it would be quite wrong for a "Christian" to do it thinking it is going to lead people to Christ (as Chris has already pointed out).  I sure hope that with it having been done as a purely secular building project that it has had the spin-off of leading some to Christ and a very solid and mature standing at that.

Thanks for posting that Masha, unless you had posted it I would have been completely unaware of it and I found it interesting if nothing else.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

davehenry

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 02:09:24 PM »
Hiya all,it's been a while since i've been on the forum but i came across this online recently about Ken Ham and Eric Hovind.
https://creationtoday.org/ham-and-hovind-get-sparks-to-fly-on-tbn/
Hopefully the link opens ok.I read on reformation Charrolette that Ken Ham will be partnering with TBN earlier today also.
https://reformationcharlotte.org/2019/02/04/ken-ham-partnering-with-tbn-anti-christ-network/?fbclid=IwAR2jWaCM-cVNWF9QhKea2RsF1F0AARdMiYsx3355G6ghZM5VHgmKA022xbY
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:34:52 PM by davehenry »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »
I'll add that to my notes; thanks for bringing it to my attention. Not surprising; birds of a leavened feather flock together.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18