Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3211 times)

Fred

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -9
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Fred
  • Belief: Other
Introduction
« on: January 24, 2019, 10:10:57 PM »
Hi good evening all,

My name is Fred as you can see and I'm currently living just south of London, Ontario, Canada - about 2 1/2 hours west of Toronto.  I'm also a fellow believer and very interested in truth and all things of God and to obey God in all ways and follow His Will for my life.  Although I have been a Christian since my teenage years, my greater awakening to truth started shortly after I became married in the mid 90's - first about false teachers with Hank Hanegraaff and then later about creation questions I had always wondered about but then finally received answers thanks to the Kent Hovind videos.  During these 25 years God has revealed more and more to me on many topics including health, the globalist agendas, pagan holidays, corrupted denominations, etc.   Although I have acquired a lot of knowledge, my spiritual journey has been a bit rocky and God has saw fit to humble me on more than one occasion.  It is my desire to serve God in all ways but the challenges, for which I will not make excuses have resulted in sin, for which I wish I wouldn't have engaged in.  My greatest challenge has been the separation from my wife 10 years ago and so may I successfully endure this trial and not sin further during this time.

I first heard about this ministry when I started researching CS Lewis a few years ago following the revelation given by John Todd (a former high level warlock) stating that CS Lewis was a high level witch.  That revelation shocked me of course and so I investigated this further and came across teachings from this site.  This past week I re-listened to those talks from 2014 and today went onto this website to see what other teachings were available.  I noticed that there was a teaching on marriage and so read the first portion from that article which brings me to why I joined this forum.  Although I will become unpopular for having views that contradict that article I will attempt to present my views with humility.

It is my hope to learn from other Christians here and participate in healthy and God-honouring discussions that would bring us closer to understanding God's truth in all things by "rightly dividing the the word of truth".

God bless everyone here,
Fred

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 10:52:08 PM »
Hi Fred, nice to meet you! Just a bit of advice in advance; you are free to disagree with any of the teachings here, but you need to be able to back up your position with Scripture, not just your feelings about the topic. There are a lot of things that Chris teaches that I don't personally like, but what I like or don't like doesn't matter. It's what God says that matters.

If you're going to argue a point, you need to quote what Chris said and where you found it and then explain why you disagree. Otherwise, none of us will have a point of reference to be able to discuss it. Chris has been known to be wrong on matters before (although not very often); sometimes the disagreements come because of a misunderstanding of what Scripture actually says, or because one or another person didn't explain what they meant clearly enough. The important thing is that we all remain humble and respectful and willing to be corrected, if needed. None of us, including Chris, is infallible, which is why discussions can be very valuable and educational.

It's only when people come in here and tell Chris (or another one of us) that we're wrong without any Scriptural backup to support that claim and then stubbornly refuse any correction that we start having problems. We have had PLENTY of people like that and I sincerely hope that you don't turn out to be one of them. Looking forward to some good discussions, though, and getting to know you better.

Fred

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 10:02:20 AM »
Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I know that your concerns were said in good faith but let's not jump to conclusions too quickly :)  It's nice to meet you too.

Blessings,
Fred

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 02:33:50 PM »
I'm not yet convinced he's of Christ based on his introduction. This is not to say that he is not, but I'll wait to read more of his posts before "jumping to any conclusions."
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Fred

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 03:17:54 PM »
Also jumping to conclusions.  Fortunately I do have a lot of grace.

I hope other newcomers receive a warmer welcome than this.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 04:30:55 PM »
Hi Fred

I wouldn't take it as an insult in any way to be under suspicion when joining up with Bible believing Christians   .....  to the Christian they really should be jumping for joy.  Being very cautious of new people is how a congregation is protected from devious wolves who will try and make their way in and not spare the flock.  Hence, your mindset might need to just change to being one of "Wow, I'm glad I found these people and I can see that they do things correctly".  You will also have the comfort of the Holy Spirit in knowing that you might not get everything right (neither do we) but where you are truly at will clearly show itself as you get more involved and get involved in discussions and have a solid Biblical basis for things you write.

You might be pleased to know that the same rules apply to the rest of us here.  I have been here a few years now but even after this time I still expect to be under the scrutiny of the elders (Chris & Tim).  That is the way a good church works and must always work that way to protect itself.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you fit right in and become a solid and valued member of the congregation.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 06:28:20 PM »
Also jumping to conclusions.  Fortunately I do have a lot of grace.
I hope other newcomers receive a warmer welcome than this.
He doesn't want to listen to me, but for everyone else: That actually makes me even more suspicious. Notice that he never asked why. He just assumed my suspicions are wrong, and what's ironic is that is the very definition of "jumping to conclusions." I never came to a conclusion; I just simply said I wasn't yet convinced, and was waiting for further discussion to come out, but he jumped to a conclusion that I had jumped to a conclusion, when I never said that I had concluded anything. (He did pretty much the same thing with Jeanne; he accused her of jumping to a conclusion when she never expressed any such thing.) These are the roots of false accusations, and that, combined with what he wrote (and the very important things he didn't write) in his introduction, all work together in a pattern that we've seen many times here.

I'm waiting for his argument on the marriage subject, which I hope he will publish soon in a separate thread so I can read it. That will help give me all the evidence I need to know about his true beliefs, and if my suspicions are correct or baseless.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
-Mat 12:37
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18