Author Topic: The pentagram  (Read 6619 times)

Jelvyc

The pentagram
« on: March 04, 2018, 12:21:29 AM »
Hi, Chris. I've followed every one of your articles and videos on YouTube and you make more sense than most people I've otherwise come across. However you do seem to overly criticize some things on an extreme level.

I understand that the Pentagram has been used by witches as an evil symbol and all. But let's be honest, it's a mathematical shape. Not all perfect circles have to symbolize the sun or the moon. And the five pointed star is the basis for mathematics.

Now don't take this the wrong way in me justifying the Wiccan use of the Pentagram. I'm just saying when a kid draws one of these mathematical shapes in kindergarten, it doesn't mean they're practicing witchcraft.

You may explain the links between the pagan Greek philosophers and modern mathematics. I mean, hey, that could be a topic for an article if you want to cover the subject more.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: The pentagram
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 01:58:15 AM »
Hi Gerald,

If you didn't read the rules of the forum when you joined, it states that you must make a post in the Introduce Yourself section so that we know who we're talking to. Please state your name, where you're from, your religious background and beliefs and how you came across the CLE website.

Once we know who you are, we'll be more than happy to answer any questions and/or concerns you may have.

Jelvyc

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 08:22:38 AM »
Um... I thought I did. I mean, you can clearly see that info under my icon. Except for coming across CLE part which again I say, I've listened to your ministry for years now.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 09:42:47 AM »
Jeanne, he did make a post, but he didn't provide hardly any information whatsoever. The problem is that all of you who are regulars on this forum set that example for everyone else by "ho-humming it" since you've been here for a long time. They're just following suit.

As for Gerald, he's setting a strawman and attacking it, which a logical fallacy called a "strawman" or in some instances, a "false accusation." Let's read what he said:

Now don't take this the wrong way in me justifying the Wiccan use of the Pentagram. I'm just saying when a kid draws one of these mathematical shapes in kindergarten, it doesn't mean they're practicing witchcraft.

Now, did anyone hear me at any time make the claim that all Pentagram shapes are evil, or that if a child draws one, they are a witch? Everything I said was under the context of witchcraft, unless you have some evidence to present concerning your accusation, please don't falsely accuse.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 12:18:00 PM »
I didn't see anyone say that Chris.  I think you are right!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jelvyc

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »
I apologise for any straw man arguments I made, Chris. I just feel compelled to respond to some of the points you brought up whenever you mentioned the Pentagram even when it's in a context of a certain subject your talking about (such as the Christmas one). After all, you can't deny there are many churchians who can take literally anything and make it connect to the Devil somehow and there are a few times where it seems you hover towards that category.
Again, I'm not being antagonistic about this, I'm just speaking honestly as I can. Surely you can understand that.

In any case, I still inquire about wether or not you'd do an article/teaching on the links between the Greek philosophers (particularly Pathagaras and his cult) and modern mathematics in how the Pentagram was the inspiration in the construction of the Pentagon building. If there's too much on your table or there's any other reason it's not worth covering over, that's fine by me. I just thought I'd make a suggestion.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 11:13:20 PM »
you can't deny there are many churchians who can take literally anything and make it connect to the Devil somehow and there are a few times where it seems you hover towards that category
You are very correct. Understanding that perspective, it's reasonable why you would think that most people do that... because most people do that.  :P I'm not saying I've never been guilty of doing that, but for the Lord Jesus Christ, I do my best not to think that way or teach that way.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jelvyc

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 11:31:05 PM »
Me too, Chris.

So how about my suggestion?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 09:49:47 AM »
If there's too much on your table
   ^
   |

Jelvyc

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 05:33:33 PM »
That's fine. I'm patient enough for whenever you get around to it.

Masha

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 06:08:25 PM »
The pentagram is just a symbol. But it is used in witchcraft and the new age. Whenever a symbol is adopted by satan and his crew, it becomes something we, as christian should be aware of. And cautious about. I am the first to say the pentagram if drawn as a symbol has no power at all. But it is good to notice that pentagrams start popping up left and right nowdays. I have noticed most specifically on childrens clothing toys etc.

1Thess 5 :21, Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
    22, Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 06:22:56 PM »
When I was in primary school, the teacher used to draw stars (pentagrams) on papers that were done well. Those were also the only kind of stars I knew how to draw for the sky or even the flag.

However, this does not mean that I would ever go out and buy jewellery or clothing with that symbol because there IS an occultic aspect to it. You should be able to tell from context, though, whether it is meant to be an occult symbol or not.

Suelong88

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 11:33:57 AM »
I always thought the pentagram (five pointed star) with a circle around it and pointing down was the pentagram used in the occult.  I know that the star without the circle and pointing up is more benign.  But like Masha said, once a symbol is adopted for evil, I'd steer away from if at all possible.

Masha

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 08:30:15 AM »
look what I came across, some real satanic fashion for children...
very sad

Suelong88

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 09:08:00 AM »
Masha,

For the first one, definitely demonic.  The star is in a circle and pointing down. For the dress, the star is pointing up and no circle.  I wouldn't think this would be demonic, but could be considered prideful as it could mean excellence or the like. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 09:43:55 AM »
Susan, I don't know how much you listen to our teachings, but the star pointed up or down has different meaning in witchcraft; it's the difference between white and black witchcraft. Both are evil; babies are sacrificed for both, but they have different purposes.

The dress is likely in reference to something like a "movie star," which comes from Hollywood. The reason Hollywood uses the star symbol for their actors and actresses is also because of witchcraft. In fact, that's why Hollywood is called Hollywood, because holly is sacred to witches and they make wands out of it.

The confusion about calling the second one "demonic" would be with the church buildings because every so often, you get the kind that say everything they don't like is "demonic." I'm not saying that the devil is not the ruler of this world in a particular context, but those types of relentless accusations of "it's the devil" almost entirely takes away personal responsibility from mankind for their sinful actions. It's like the phrase "the devil made me do it," is an excuse to justify a person's wicked deeds.

Suelong88

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 01:10:22 PM »
Thanks Chris!

I haven't actually listened to your teaching on this.  So I'll need to check that out.  I didn't even think about it being used in white witchcraft.

I also never knew that about Hollywood.  But now that you've pointed it out, it makes perfect sense.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 12:20:20 PM »
Every time I look at this teaching, I get chills and physically feel sick.  So sad!  May the Lord protect us from the evil one and continue to guide us in righteousness.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13