Author Topic: Lies of the devil teach false doctrine  (Read 9416 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Lies of the devil teach false doctrine
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2019, 06:47:19 PM »
I would argue that he didn't make any sense from the start. I had a hard time following anything he was saying because he wasn't slowing down and communicating clearly. The second we corrected him from the Scripture, he threw a fit. In the personal emails he sent me, it got worse because he thought he wasn't going to be seen by everyone, but I may remedy that issue by posting it in the wild emails section. I haven't decided yet.

I've been dealing with a lot of this garbage lately on the forum and in emails, and I'm just getting a bit weary of it. Whether I have to be really firm with them, or whether I'm trying to be patient with them, it seems that they all react the same way in the end; there's just nothing I can do.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 06:51:43 PM »
He did not really look into what we believe and now he believes that we have the same belief as "pentecostal oneness". What even is that?
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2019, 07:20:13 PM »
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
-Pro 18:13

That certainly applied to me when I commented to Fred about his marriage stuff.  I commented without reading in depth much of what he wrote.  Usually I would never do that, I would certainly never do it at work or with other important personal matters and made the mistake of doing it here but knowing if anything he had written was wrong it would get picked up afterwards.  That sure was a folly and a shame on my part   .....  I made a right fool of myself.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 09:50:03 PM »
Kevin, we all make mistakes sometimes. At least you recognise and repent of them, so you can be forgiven.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2019, 10:11:08 PM »
Thanks Jeanne.  Maybe in a few weeks time I might not still feel like I'm the village idiot.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 11:22:49 AM »
Kevin, what we see is the caring and kindness in you...

I am feeling like the village idiot right now,
because it was my questions to Wynand that first upset him...

Putting my thoughts into words, I need to improve on this...

If I had chosen my words more carefully,
perhaps he would not have taken my "caring" as an attack

It put him on the defensive, and it escalated.
It would have been good if we could have reasoned with him.

I should be more careful (not emotional) so that my words do not offend.

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.--1 Timothy2:11-12

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »
I am feeling like the village idiot right now,
because it was my questions to Wynand that first upset him...
You first discerned there was a problem; even before I did... well, I mean... there was something in the back of my mind, but I ignored it. You addressed it. Guess what? You were right. That should build confidence. He then put on a show, a false pretense (i.e. a lie) on the outside, that he was not offended by that in his responses, however, when others started addressing him on his errors (because there was more than one), he got frustrated for one reason:
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

None of the rest of you acted like that when you came here. All the rest of you were quite humble, willing to learn, and be corrected; that shows a heart of repentance, but Wynand was not showing the same thing.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 12:33:07 PM »
thank you, Chris :-)

You're right, I am thankful to God for giving me discernment, and confidence has been building up. 

I just pray, and want to be sure that I speak carefully and more thoughtfully, especially to new people...

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 02:36:02 PM »
I agree Dee, I was unsure how to put into words how I felt about him but you seemed to pinpoint exactly what to address and ask him which then showed his true colors.
Just remember that if asking him if he has repented or knew what repentance is upsets him, theres probably a problem.
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2019, 05:37:48 PM »
Thanks for your kind words Dee. 

I agree with the others too in that it was good the way you challenged Wynand and in the end it caused him to show to everyone who he really was underneath.