Author Topic: Coming from Michigan  (Read 3320 times)

Jelvyc

Coming from Michigan
« on: March 04, 2018, 08:34:18 AM »
Hi, Chris
My name is Jerry Graham and I'm from a Northwestern Michigan town called South Boardman. Where I come from, folks call my church "a cult on a hill" which I can take as a compliment since if we're getting that kind of persecution, we are doing something right.

Benjamin

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 7
    • View Profile
    • Reality Begins
  • First Name: Benjamin
  • Belief: Other
Re: Coming from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 09:32:29 AM »
Not necessarily...

There's false churches that get ridiculed that are not of Christ. A good example would be the nation of islam.

Just because a person or group is getting persecuted doesn't mean they're in the right with the Christian God of the Bible.
Psalm 50:21 KJV 21These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 09:57:19 AM »
I would say a good example would be like Jack Hyles or Steven Anderson. They would be good examples of cults that claim to be of Christ and are not, and they are also called cults by many sources because they are cults.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 12:19:57 PM »
So true!  I have seen "churches" forced out of communities, but they were cults.  Persecution is not a measuring stick for following God's Word.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jelvyc

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 11:13:56 PM »
I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here. When I say my church is being called a cult by other people, I mean because we take the King James Bible to heart and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, that makes us a cult apparently. I would say this is more of a pot calling kettle black situation if we were a cult but we're not.

This is how the wicked justify their sins, though. Whenever they done something evil, they must accuse another to throw off attention like a parlor magician.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 09:37:37 AM »
I think the problem is that you didn't tell us anything in your introduction. There's nothing there we can understand who you are and where you're coming from, as stated here:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

Here's an example of a well-written introduction. She just posted it today:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=60.0
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18