Author Topic: Realistic song!!  (Read 10960 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Realistic song!!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2019, 06:09:41 PM »
I am torn by this. I do not know is you guys know this but there are laws in wa state that can force you to take drugs and if you refuse to take them then they lock you up in mental hospital. I know first hand about this because my sister is going threw all this right now. Her problem has to be do to the darn video games that cause her mental health to crash one day. The point I am making is they make her take drugs that is destroying her health and if she stop taking them she gets sent back to what I would call prison. For Jephte I do not know if he is under this crazy law like my sister. I am not justify his behavior for some law or drug. What I am trying to get at is we may lack some information. If you want to see what some of the grugs do to your mind on thinking just get into a normal conversation with my sister and you will see most what she say is veg.

Jephte is probably been rebuke on just about every thing he has and if I remember right even mute. But let me ask you guys something how many others have been and yet are still here?

2 Timothy 1:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I see it a lot here in New Zealand as they claim that New Zealand has one of the highest rates of "mental illness" in the world.

No!!

Wrong!!

New Zealand has a very high rate of people making bad choices and abusing substances (sorcery) and playing video games and watching every piece of wicked ridiculous junk that comes on TV or the movies and doing every other kind of evil you can think about.  Those in the church buildings are as bad as the general population too.  It is as if they have sat down and made a list of all of the things that will cause a person to totally fail and then they do all of those things on the list.

I agree totally with what Chris J wrote too that if people can't endure the relatively small amount of sound rebuke and subsequent strife that happens here in the forum, then they are certainly not going to have the strength and integrity to endure persecution and tribulation. 

Christians have to get used to not just running away when the going gets tough. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 04:41:18 PM »
This is so sad to see. We are to be so much more than critical and impatient or unloving to our brothers and sisters.  Please delete my account. Thank you!

Celeste seems to have quickly run out of patience with this group.
She also seems very critical of how the admins handle the forum.  :-\
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2019, 05:23:23 PM »
This is so sad to see. We are to be so much more than critical and impatient or unloving to our brothers and sisters.  Please delete my account. Thank you!

Celeste seems to have quickly run out of patience with this group.
She also seems very critical of how the admins handle the forum.  :-\

Yes, and there was a glaring error in what she wrote that is quoted above.  It is essential to be critical. 

Definition of critique: a detailed analysis and assessment of something

Once you stop criticising (critiquing) then you are well on the way to disaster.  In the church buildings I was always criticised for criticising.  (Only certain people were allowed to be critical and I wasn't one of them).  Hence what she wrote stood out to me just like in the bad old days before I walked out of the church buildings for the very last time and never to return.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »
I am glad you pointed that out I did not even seen that. Celeste did not last long if they do not return that is. I wonder if they ever read all the threads on here? Celeste would have seen what all this is about.

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2019, 01:23:26 PM »
Once you stop criticising (critiquing) then you are well on the way to disaster.  In the church buildings I was always criticised for criticising.

Very true! I have had the same experience in 'my' former pentecostal 'church'.
However I am not happy Celeste decided to leave. I hope she reconsiders the matter.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »
The question I always want to ask people who are afraid of criticism is this: If you were a doctor and you found out a patient of yours had cancer, would you tell them the truth or would you tell them everything was fine to avoid upsetting them? Now suppose you're the patient; would you rather have your doctor tell you the truth or let you continue on in blissful ignorance until it's too late?

How much more then, should we warn people that the path they are on will lead them to hell?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 08:19:21 AM »
I have a question: would you rather tell a person that they're on a safe path while in reality it is crocodile infested or would tell them that the path is dangerous?

From what I can see, a lot of people are perfectly okay with sending people down on the path to be eaten by crocodiles.

On another note, I also noticed that when people want to make the most bizarre doctrines (like saying that Jesus wanted to be saved or he was a Muslim that called God Allah) they almost always use the new age versions. I have seen this before with people saying that the KJV is not known to be accurate before using a new age version to spout out a huge amount of absolute nonsense.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 08:26:10 AM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2019, 09:59:17 AM »
Just to be clear, she logged in to make that post three days ago, and our records show she hasn't come back since. I appreciate you guys answering her for the sake of others who read these posts, but she won't see any of this. As I said, she threw a childish fit and went on her way. She is a new Christian, and unlearned and unskilled in the Word so far, and she didn't come here to learn anything with us. God's going to have to deal with her in His own way, as He's had to do with the lot of us, so you can pray that He would bless her with understanding, and we'll have to move on.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jephte21

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2019, 01:23:59 PM »
Chris I'm glad that God have put the desire in your heart that write an article on mental illness for my sake. Praise God for the understanding he has given you and I promise you my friend I will never leave the church whether I like what you teach or not. ;) 

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2019, 01:45:22 PM »
"this song speak a lot of truth. "
 This stood out to me. JESUS said HE is the Truth (John 14:6 King James Version (KJV) 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.) and yet the little I listened to failed to make mention of HIM. There is a tendency to consider truth subjective. If it was then Jews, Muslims etc could believe whatever they want and be saved. When discussing spiritual matters, especially, I have noticed a tendency for people to say things like, "Well, that's what you think" and "Everyone is entitled to their opinion" and the all time favourite "The Bible is open to interpretation" but that isn't the case because GOD only sees things the ways HE sees things and no other way, so, there is an ultimate truth, a truth to strive for i.e. the way GOD sees things. In my experience, saying things like what I just mentioned is a cop-out to try to justify the things in our lives that we recognise don't please GOD. The Truth has a standard and that standard is hard to live up to, but that doesn't mean we can call whatever pleases us "truth".
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 02:28:31 PM »
"this song speak a lot of truth. "
 This stood out to me. JESUS said HE is the Truth (John 14:6 King James Version (KJV) 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.) and yet the little I listened to failed to make mention of HIM. There is a tendency to consider truth subjective. If it was then Jews, Muslims etc could believe whatever they want and be saved. When discussing spiritual matters, especially, I have noticed a tendency for people to say things like, "Well, that's what you think" and "Everyone is entitled to their opinion" and the all time favourite "The Bible is open to interpretation" but that isn't the case because GOD only sees things the ways HE sees things and no other way, so, there is an ultimate truth, a truth to strive for i.e. the way GOD sees things. In my experience, saying things like what I just mentioned is a cop-out to try to justify the things in our lives that we recognise don't please GOD. The Truth has a standard and that standard is hard to live up to, but that doesn't mean we can call whatever pleases us "truth".
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
-2Pe 1:20-21

She's right about that; every church building I'd ever attended in the past taught, and was open to, many different interpretations, foolishly believing that all of them are "wisdom." The song had nothing to do with Scripture or Christ, as I suspected before I ever opened the video, and the fact that the so-called "pastor" in the video never rebukes that fact shows that he doesn't have any discernment. Why doesn't he have discernment? Well, God answers that too:
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
-Heb 5:12-14
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jephte21

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 07:19:34 PM »
Thank you all for the rebuke that you have given me . To be honest with you all when I first saw this video I foolishly thought it has something to do with reality, which isn't the case. Now I can see it for myself after looking at your comments and I also realize that I lack discernment and have a lot to learn. I'm sorry to offend some of you in  previous post, that's not what I'm after at all. I want to fellowship with you all and that's never my will to be contentious here. Hope you guys will understand and forgive me!!