Author Topic: Philipians 2: 1-9  (Read 1750 times)

Angel

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Angel
  • Belief: Christian
Philipians 2: 1-9
« on: March 05, 2018, 03:46:25 AM »
Yesterday as we sorted out the midweek bible study session, something struck me. I did not have the words to explain it at the time, however it seems like this morning I may have. Initially I thought to myself, 'I'll wait till the next time we meet', but I obviously decided it may best to state it here.

Sometimes, I have thought that by the Grace of God, I have gotten the hang of something and then something happens that reminds me of the contrary.

I have been struck by the spirit of humility and gentleness I have witnessed from Joshua. When tasks are raised, it appears that he is often the first to take on the organisation of the task if he is able to. I do not know how old Joshua is, but from conversations it seems as if he is the youngest of all of us. His response and reactions to events or others is something that deeply struck me and continues to. It is almost unassuming. I recall my first week with the church, he spent time with Silindile helping her with her Skype issue and I think I must have thought, 'Is he the tech guy?'. God has indeed blessed him with these gifts and I praise God for it and what I am learning from being a first hand witness to it. May God continue to bless you and your household Joshua.

Phil 2: 1-9 (KJB)

1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: