Author Topic: Adios to Facebook... mostly  (Read 4213 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Adios to Facebook... mostly
« on: April 01, 2019, 04:58:14 PM »
In case anyone is looking to interact with me on FB I won't be there.
My interactions on Facebook over the last few months have been becoming less and less for a variety of reasons. Then I saw this video on Friday and that was the last straw.

https://youtu.be/-J2jgLX6XKc

These high level executives admit to manipulating people and actually programming their users.  One of these men used the phrase "destroying the social fabric of society" (or something like that).

All I've actually done is uninstall the FB app off of my phone, which constituted all of my use of that platform.

I may delete my FB account some day, but not yet.

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Adios to Facebook... mostly
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 05:03:39 PM »
I've seen that video. I don't spend very much time on FB anymore, either. I still use Messenger to keep in touch with actual family and friends and I might occasionally go visit a friend's page to see what they've posted lately but I very rarely check my newsfeed. I just check notifications and then go to the specific post I'm interested in.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 05:09:40 PM »
I understand; most of us here don't spend much time on social media platforms. Again, my only sole purpose in using them is to get teachings in the hands of others. Most of the time, I just get an occasional FB PM, which I don't respond to because I don't do PM on social media, or I get a friend request from someone that generally has a worldly profile full of all sorts of corrupt junk. I just don't see social media as platform which we Christians will thrive and be of one mind together, and it also seems like very little of God's Word is actually being taught in the right way in social media.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 05:51:45 PM »
It has been well over a year since I been on fb. I only use messager. I have noticed that them who are on it every day is hard to carry on a conversation. I can almost tell by talking to some one that they spend a lot of time on there fb wall. What do PM mean? I remember when I message Chris he said I do not reply to pm. I do not know what that is so I just talk on here

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 06:31:52 PM »
I signed up one evening about 15 years ago and then I heard on the news on the radio in the morning after that that Facebook had trashed the security and privacy settings for all users in New Zealand  :o 

I immediately deleted my account.  Never again  :)  Over the years I have had numerous automated emails from Facebook asking me to reactivate that account too.  Not likely!!  :P 

So long Facebook and thanks for nothing  >:(
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 11:33:41 PM »
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) had a project called LifeLog.

From Wikipedia:

LifeLog was a project of the Information Processing Techniques Office of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). According to its bid solicitation pamphlet, it was to be "an ontology-based (sub)system that captures, stores, and makes accessible the flow of one person's experience in and interactions with the world in order to support a broad spectrum of associates/assistants and other system capabilities". The objective of the LifeLog concept was "to be able to trace the 'threads' of an individual's life in terms of events, states, and relationships", and it has the ability to "take in all of a subject's experience, from phone numbers dialed and e-mail messages viewed to every breath taken, step made and place gone".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_LifeLog

The LifeLog project was terminated on the exact same day Facebook launched. FB has the ability to access your phone's camera and microphone without your knowledge and can continue to do so even after the app has been deleted.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 03:49:30 AM »
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) had a project called LifeLog.

From Wikipedia:

LifeLog was a project of the Information Processing Techniques Office of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). According to its bid solicitation pamphlet, it was to be "an ontology-based (sub)system that captures, stores, and makes accessible the flow of one person's experience in and interactions with the world in order to support a broad spectrum of associates/assistants and other system capabilities". The objective of the LifeLog concept was "to be able to trace the 'threads' of an individual's life in terms of events, states, and relationships", and it has the ability to "take in all of a subject's experience, from phone numbers dialed and e-mail messages viewed to every breath taken, step made and place gone".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_LifeLog

The LifeLog project was terminated on the exact same day Facebook launched. FB has the ability to access your phone's camera and microphone without your knowledge and can continue to do so even after the app has been deleted.

Wow, that's creepy eh. 

It looks like they are all at it too.  Microsoft, Google, Apple, Amazon  ...

I see that Microsoft recently open sourced their calculator program and the source code has shown that it sends every calculation you make to Microsoft   ....  for whatever reason.  As if this current worldwide Babylonian system isn't bad enough, there's an even worse one coming.  I hope there is the option of an escape plan by leaving for Judea when the word is given.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 08:42:07 AM »
As if this current worldwide Babylonian system isn't bad enough, there's an even worse one coming.

I wouldn't worry too much about this current world system.
It's days are numbered.
We have better things to do look forward to.

2 Corinthians 4:17 KJV
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 09:37:13 AM »
I am to the point I don't share much on FB either.  I am using it to promote my business and keep up with those I want to keep up with. .. but I may eventually delete the account.  Too much drama and now there is major censorship going on.  If one rebukes someone, it is classified as hate speech and you can have your account banned. 

I guess what I am saying is I don't blame you Kenneth.  I am so tired of FB.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 10:03:08 AM »
My last post got cut off. That's what I get for being in a hurry.

Quote from: anvilhauler on Today at 03:49:30 AM
"As if this current worldwide Babylonian system isn't bad enough, there's an even worse one coming."

I wouldn't worry too much about this current world system.
It's days are numbered.
We have better things to do look forward to.

2 Corinthians 4:17 KJV  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

Revelation 18:21 KJV  And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »
It do make sense. In revelation it say they will hunt find and kill the believer of Christ. It will be hard to find them until now. They can find us because of are phone and computer. Now only they can find out who is a believer but even where they are. So who wants to be first to be a lamb in are grupe to the slaughter?  I vote me, shure would like to go home

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »
I am to the point I don't share much on FB either.  I am using it to promote my business and keep up with those I want to keep up with. .. but I may eventually delete the account.  Too much drama and now there is major censorship going on.  If one rebukes someone, it is classified as hate speech and you can have your account banned. 

I guess what I am saying is I don't blame you Kenneth.  I am so tired of FB.

If FB brings you business at no cost and in doing that it doesn't make you cross over uncomfortable moral lines then if it were me I would continue with it.  The media defines what is considered as "hate speech"   ....  and people just go along with it.  Ditto for "science".

With the conversation on the thread I just had to put these two pics in.