Author Topic: Peter Ruckman  (Read 4914 times)

Masha

Peter Ruckman
« on: March 10, 2018, 02:52:43 AM »
I just read this tiny article about Ruckman's son. It is very sad. Some time ago we found a group of people close to the german border, as we were looking for a Biblical church. (Hard to find in Holland) and we ended up visiting these people who we understood later were: Ruckmanites. The theology behind this man/movement is very dangerous and scary. They are the modern farizees. Have any of you ever had to deal with them?? They believe a bunch of weird things, and to make everything fit into their theory they need to change and modify the Scriptures. I found a video on the CLEyoutube channel about abortion, but I don't see any teachings the man?? He is definetely a wolf we need to warn other about!!!

Link to article:http://pulpitandpen.org/2018/03/08/peter-s-ruckman-murders-self-killing-two-sons/
Peter S. Ruckman Murders Self, After Killing His Two Sons
Peter Ruckman was the founder of the Pensacola Bible Institute, an ardent Independent Fundamental Baptist and KJV-onliest. Ruckman passed away in April of 2016. Charisma Mag claimed today that Ruckman was an anti-charismatic, but in reality Ruckman was a Continuationist, believing that the King James Bible was a more sure and more perfect revelation than that which God originally inspired in Greek or Hebrew, a belief some call Delayed Revelation Alpha and Omega Ministries. James White offered to debate Ruckman on KJV-onlyism in 1995 and 1996, but his offer was rejected.
Sadly, it has now been reported that his son, named Peter S. Ruckman, has murdered his two sons (ages 12 and 14) before murdering himself.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Peter Ruckman
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:13:20 AM »
Chris has talked about Ruckman before and mentioned him in both the Catholic article and the Marriage one. I remember discussing him in some of our online studies, too, but don't remember now if it was in the recorded parts or just the chat afterwards. Probably a bit of both at one time or another.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 10:35:36 AM »
I've had a number of requests recently to start doing exposes on false preachers. I'll be blunt, I'm probably not going to do much of any of those requested. The reason is very simple.

When people write me, I think they assume that I am intimately familiar with all these people. I'm not. I didn't grow up learning from hardly any of them. So what that means is I have to spend hundreds of hours studying their materials, which means I have to spend hundreds of hours studying things that are against Scripture instead of studying Scripture. It's a lot of stress, and everyone thinks it's great when it's done, but they don't have a clue what I had to work on to get to that point.

It's hard on me because I have to have my mind filled with their false doctrines to that extent. But that kind of stuff is requested more than the Biblical teachings because very few people read/listen to the Bible teachings. It should be food for thought for us to question why that is.

However, feel free to continue your discussions on Ruckman as you choose. I don't want to change the topic of the thread.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Masha

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »
I understand the difficulty. I respect your discernment about getting into this matter, especially when it comes to Ruckman. Just to understand it globally requirs quite a bit of studying. We didn't find out about the depths of the deceit untill we really got in contact with people who try to live according to the (false) truth this man has taught.
Even after seeing so many false churches, this still got to me.
If anyone is interested in learning more about it I can post some links. But I also share the idea that being bussy with these false doctrines is not the best way I can spend my time.
It is tough a signal to those who are into these ideas, the tragedy might open some eyes. I pray it will.

Suelong88

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 11:28:30 AM »
I agree with you Chris.  Your time is better spent on the Scriptures.  All of us should also spend more time in the Scriptures. (I'm mainly talking to myself here.) Then we should be able to discern for ourselves whether or not someone is teaching false doctrine.

Masha,  I'm glad you were able to discern that those people were not teaching or living according to the Scriptures.  I had seen that article on P&P also. 

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 08:13:31 PM »
I've checked out some of the P&P website and the first thing I noticed is that all Scripture references are using the ESV. That right there tells me that while some of what they teach may be valid, there's still a whole lot that is in error.

Looking at their 'About' page, I also saw that they are Fundamental Baptists, which is still an organised church group. I'd almost be willing to bet money that they still celebrate things like Christmas and Easter. I'd be very surprised if they didn't.

I enjoyed this article:
http://pulpitandpen.org/2015/08/20/three-false-gospels-you-may-not-realize-are-in-your-church/

However, I just went to their website and the latest article they posted is titled 'Why Protestants Should Wear Orange -- Not Green -- This Saint Paddy's Day' What does that tell you?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 01:01:20 AM »
I just had a read/skim over some of the material in the references.  They sure do need a few veils lifted away from in front of their eyes.  You would think they would have cleaned themselves up from the St Patrick junk.   

We have three suburbs here in Dunedin that are officially called St Leonards, St Clair and St Kilda.  I refuse to call them that.  I will only ever refer to them as Leonards, Clair and Kilda.  When people question me I don't hesitate to give them a little lecture.

Like reading or studying the false doctrines and false teachers some things give about the same feeling as having a swim in pollution.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Suelong88

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 08:58:45 AM »
Kevin,  I like that idea to remove the 'St' from those names.   :)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:26 PM »
So many place names have 'St' or 'Ste' in them. There's a St Kilda here as a suburb of Melbourne, too. And there's a Lake St Clair in Michigan, along with the nearby suburb of St Clair Shores. Not to mention St Louis, Missouri.

No idea who any of these people are supposed to be, though. I'm sure the cities and suburbs were named by Catholics, as they're the ones obsessed with canonising people as saints (who I can almost guarantee were NOT).

Masha

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 06:04:48 AM »
The catholic church has gone so far as to dedicate every day to a specific saint, declared saint by the catholic church that is. It is amazing how many there are, and how many are worshipped. Each little village in Italy has its own protector-saint and they march once a year with one or another statue through the Streets. It is so clearly idolatry! I have family in Italy and travelled , lived there for quite some time, but then I was not saved. Now I look at it all with new eyes, and it gives me the creeps. I find it sad that so many of these catholics (in Italy it is not even a religion/spiritual thing perse, but people participate in all this wickedness just for cultural/social sake. Most of them have no clue.)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:07:11 AM by Masha »