Author Topic: Kent Hovind's THIRD Wife  (Read 14731 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Kent Hovind's THIRD Wife
« on: October 26, 2018, 01:32:38 PM »
**UPDATE, May 29 2020**
I have completed my book, which is called Wolves in Costume: Kent Hovind. (It is FREE-TO-READ at creationliberty.com.) This will explain all the details, including why I also cannot recommend Theodore Valentine's Lies of the Devil ministry any longer, due to his unbiblical approach, using false and railing accusations against his opponents.

The following is from the old post I made:

I'm sorry guys, I'm doing some research on pastors and divorce, and I happened to find this today. If you all are okay with it, I'm going to rescind that agreement to not talk about Hovind's divorce because now we're dealing with open, blatant sin after I just found out about his 3rd (yes, you read correct, THIRD) wife.

If what's being said here is true, Kent Hovind married Mary Tocco in 2016, then recently, without giving Tocco a bill of divorce, married ANOTHER woman by the name of Cindi Lincoln, but he tried to keep it from the public because he knows he would lose support. This basically means that he's been married to three different women within the past 2 years or so.

I think I'm going to have to rewrite the teaching I did on Kent Hovind, and after everything I've learned, I'll eventually be changing it from "Leaven Alert: Kent Hovind" to "Wolves in Costume: Kent Hovind" because I am now leaning towards the other side that he's not a Christian, and that the story of his so-called "conversion" may have just been another lie he's told for the camera.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:12:45 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
Re: Kent Hovind's THIRD Wife
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »
I am stunned.  I had been thinking differently about Kent Hovind in recent years with the holidays and 501c3, but this is terrible!  How sad that he didn't stay anchored in the Word and do what he should instead of following his heart.  I know I am guilty of following my deceitful heart, but those in the public eye have to be even more careful.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 05:45:06 PM »
Now I'm gonna have to go watch his video about Kent Hovind being a wolf in sheep's clothing... It really saddens me to see that this is who he really is.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 06:45:12 PM »
Well I guess it is time to throw away all his videos. No point on keeping truth mix with  poison 

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 07:13:06 PM »
That video sure gives a good insight in to the real Kent Hovind.  I listened to some of his stuff years ago and dismissed him as having a wrong focus on the issues of this world.  Now I can especially see him as being like the "pastors" and his "god" is his own belly and what deceitfulness can bring to himself for his own pleasures rather than life and the living water that he can give to others.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Chris

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 02:38:51 AM »
It is hard to hear these things.  It just goes to show you that someone can be correct about a few fundamental principles of the bible and still be a false teacher.  I first heard about the biblical creation account/ timeline from Kent.  He also did good teachings on the authority of the KJB vs perversions.  He was the first teacher I heard say that Christmas and Easter are pagan (even though he gives license to people to continue in these traditions).

With all that being said, there are serious issues that cannot be ignored.  I would not send someone to his videos knowing what I know now (not going to tell others to chew the meat and spit out the bone).

Kent's endorsement of the ungodly book The Shack should tell you enough.

I pray that Kent would repent and be saved, but I fear that he sees himself innocent and not in need of salvation.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 03:39:41 AM »
Although I posted above, when I heard the news of Kent Hovind I immediately thought of this

Mark 4 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, 19 and the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 06:05:34 AM »
Sadly, that certainly seems to describe him right now...

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 09:39:01 AM »
Folks, sometimes it takes time to see who is who. I've spent a lot of time contemplating what Christ taught here:
So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
-Mat 13:27-30
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 02:55:32 AM »
Folks, sometimes it takes time to see who is who. I've spent a lot of time contemplating what Christ taught here:
So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
-Mat 13:27-30

Yes, because in appearance to himself and others (perhaps many others) Kent Hovind hasn't fallen away and so my posting was incorrect and yours was correct Chris. 

Kent Hovind's position is as a tare sown amongst wheat and not as wheat sown among thorns.

Thanks for correcting me on that.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:12:49 AM by anvilhauler »

Chris

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 04:37:19 PM »

Kent Hovind's position is as a tare sown amongst wheat and not as wheat sown among thorns.

Thanks for correcting me on that.

I don't think he was correcting you.  Verses 4 through 8 in Matthew 13 list the places where the seeds fell and the result.  The seed can fall by the wayside, among the stones, among thorns, or on good ground.  I don't think the implication is that Kent is among those that fell on good ground.  I don't see that tribulation or persecution (among the stones) allowed us to see his error.  I believe you were correct in saying he may be one among the thorns.  That he would do the things listed in the video shared for the cares of the world or the deceitfulness of riches makes sense.

The verses that Johnson shared are more concerning end times than the location of the seeds.  We learn that God in his perfect will and foreknowledge has allowed that sinners and believers live together.  There are multiple examples of God's grace towards us where he is longsuffering for the sake of those that would believe.  I will share a couple of scriptures to show what I said.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

In Genesis 15 God detailed the land that he would give to Abram and his seed.  God tells Abram that his seed will go to a land that is not theirs and return in the fourth generation.  We learn in verse 16 that it is because the iniquity of the Amorites not being full that God did this.  God was longsuffering that those that were and were to be in the land of the Amorites would come to faith in God.

Genesis 15:16
But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

CAUTION. Below is my interpretation/opinion and I cannot prove these things.

I believe that the falling away before the day of Christ is properly understood as those leaving the faith rather than those being raptured.  This makes sense in the context of 2 Peter.  That the end would not come until all that would be saved are saved.  In Johnson's teaching on the Rapture, it would definitely make sense that this occurs after tribulation that the seeds among the stones be revealed and there would be a great falling away.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 05:45:02 PM »
Actually, Chris is right; I wasn't correcting anyone. He's also correct to say that is what I was talking about; there will be tares grow up among us, and will deceive many until the end. I've just spent a lot of time thinking about that one, and still do.

Chris

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 11:24:17 PM »
there will be tares grow up among us, and will deceive many until the end. I've just spent a lot of time thinking about that one, and still do.

When I read the beginning of Deuteronomy 13, I thought of this post.  Hopefully it will encourage you, because I believe that many false prophets have requested that you serve the god of their imagination, but you have rejected their false teachings for the love of the truth, which is Jesus Christ.

Deuteronomy 13:1-4

1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 03:05:00 PM »
This is definitely sad news. I love Kent Hovind and he has good material, but this is unacceptable if true!

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 06:52:51 PM »
Most of us grew to know kent by his videos. But we really did not know him for who he really is. On camera he did a great job showing us how clean the out side cup is. But 9 years in prison and the growth of the Internet, he no longer can hide how the inside of the cup is

davehenry

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 12:56:45 PM »
I came across this on youtube the other day incase anybody's interested,there's a little more reaveled about Kent Hovind from Earnest Land.
https://youtu.be/cpsZ9Zwe3Bw

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 02:19:16 PM »
I closed that video halfway through because there is zero context to go with that. I have no idea what they're talking about.

davehenry

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 06:17:17 PM »
It is very hard to get context out of what they're talking about,Earnest Land is hard to understand over the phone but it comes more clear after 10 mins,Earnie land is saying that he knows Kent Hovind is a crook,and money for the ministry is being used on other things than the ministry,but is saying that he needs to be caught in the act.That call was in 2017 and the video only 5 days ago so,he musn't have been caught.I looked alot of places for more proof of Kent Hovind being married for the 3rd time also but have not been able to find anything.