Author Topic: What can I say?  (Read 2886 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
What can I say?
« on: July 17, 2019, 08:06:22 AM »
My mom and I have a point of contention when it comes to psychology and drugs as of late thanks to Chris. I want to help my mom because she has been suckered by these Psychologists. She said that all those imaginary mental illnesses exist because she worked with those who had them one on one. She is on anti-depressants and is wanting me to take some for my imaginary Adhd and my real Autism. I keep reminding there are days I took it and she didn't believe me whatsoever. She kept thinking that I kept not taking and then when I pointed it out, the "medicine" wasn't working because I didn't take it on a "regular schedule". She even made me take some other medicine that was supposed to "reduce anxiety and give better attention". The first day I took the new one, I complete an anxious mess that was off the wall and felt like jumping through a window. I voiced my complaint and she gave me an excuse "Maybe it is your body getting used to it". Instead of getting me off of it the moment she noticed something weird, I had to take it every day for a week, that means I was a complete mess for an entire week! According to mom, she had to talk to the doctor to see if it was working and then they decided to reduce the amount of the second medicine and they gave half of the dose. Guess what happened? I was a jumbled mess again of nerves and finally, they took me off it entirely after a few days!

So should I say to my mom as she is completely fooled by these snake oil salesman? I am worried for her because like I said is taking some of those drugs.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: What can I say?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 09:15:39 AM »
All you can do is show her the information; you can't make her listen to it or believe it. What she does with her own body is her business, even though I know you're concerned.

She does not, however, have the right to try to force you to take drugs you know are not good for you. The commandment to honour your father and mother does not go so far as trying to force you to do something else that is against God's law, such as practicing sorcery, which is what these drugs are.

If she doesn't want to listen to Chris, you should at least show her the full video that he quotes parts of in his book. This is the history of psychology and the military:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvuYTH5nU0

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 11:39:37 AM »
If she doesn't want to listen to Chris, you should at least show her the full video that he quotes parts of in his book. This is the history of psychology and the military:
I cannot contemplate why you (Jeanne) thought that a woman who won't listen to basic reason is going to sit down and watch a documentary that is specifically for the military. Why would you make that suggestion? Is Caleb's mother in the military? How much do you know about his mom? Perhaps you do know details about his mother that I may have missed, and if so, I apologize for what I'm about to say, but if you don't, then you need to stop and consider Caleb's position. I believe the reason you made that comment is because that documentary hit home to you personally, so you were thinking selfishly, rather than thinking about Caleb.

For Caleb: Have you read the entire book? If so, you may have missed the point; a point that I made many times in multiple chapters. A fool is someone who cannot be reasoned with, and therefore, you cannot fix a fool.
Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.
-Pro 13:16
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
-Pro 26:5

You're not addressing your target audience according to their folly. This would be a good time to address something I've wanted to address with you for long time, going back to many of your posts, which reflect your heart. I'm going to your account right now, and I'm going to list out to you the topics of your past posts, starting with the most recent:
  • Liberals and vaccines
  • Schizophrenia
  • Paraplegics
  • Cocaine & Coca-Cola
  • Feminism and Social Justice Warriors
  • Antifa
  • Trying to make a joke, trying to put my name on the title of this ministry (which wasn't funny)
  • Christmas
  • Speaking in Tongues Gibberish
  • Hate Crimes
  • Flat Earth
There is a reason I'm pointing this out; just wait. That's just in the last 20 posts. If I go over the last 100 posts you have made, I have found that you quoted Scripture a grand total of three times. Let's take a look at those posts:
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8: 31-32
In this case, the truth will set you free but not free from the insanity that is the defenders of Christmas! "Don't forget to buy Creation Magazine". You're not helping the belief that Creationists are like vampires and vultures when it comes to money.

Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way and he that hateth reproof shall die. Proverbs 15: 10
He's really got that "gotcha" attitude and then he says the most hypocritical thing: Repent of that. He's got the same attitude like when people say "So put that in your pipe and smoke it!"

He doesn't even do proper research: for example, he didn't even look up that the Unicorn is a rhinoceros, however, he said that its proper translation is wild ox:
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. Isaiah 34:7
That is just as bad as the "repentance means to turn" idea.

Caleb, you may not understand this right now, but I can tell the difference between someone who is quoting me quoting Scripture, and someone who quotes it because they understand it. These three posts are void of doctrinal understanding. It's amazing that you quoted Jesus when He said "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed," which is very significant considering the evidence that you, Caleb, don't really continue in God's Word, do you? You read creation articles and watch political vidoes; that's your primary education isn't it? You might listen to my teachings, but you don't study the Word of God yourself, do you? What you continue in are the very "conspiracy" things that you claim you "came out of."
(See here: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=692.msg5704#msg5704)
That's why those are the only things you discuss here:
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Matthew 15:18

The reason you claim that you have come out of your "conspiracy days" is because you have heard me condemn the "conspiracy ministries," and in the past, you've also heard me say that there are false converts that only want to talk "science in creationism," and so you started to shift your conversation a bit after you heard me say that. Is this sounding familiar? That's all for an outward appearance because the evidence in your conversation is clear, and I want you to understand: You're not going to be able to put on an outward show and fool everyone here.
Caleb, I've seen this pattern and this problem with you for the past year, but I've been waiting until now, when you really wanted to reason with someone close to you, in order that you might see the problem.

You lift yourself up in the pride of your heart, trying to create some position (or rather, a respect of person) for yourself here with new people. Someone joins and you introduce yourself as the "animal guy" on this forum.
See here: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=637.msg5102#msg5102
And here: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=392.msg2822#msg2822
Who said you were the "animal guy?" What is that supposed to even mean? Have you ever seen me introduce myself as the "bible guy?" Do you think that would be appropriate? These are rhetorical questions that are designed to try and get you to think about what you say and do because that is a direct reflection of the corruption in your heart.

The reason you missed the core foundation of the problem with your mother is because you lack Scriptural understanding. Why do you lack it? I'm not sure yet. You're not looking at the core problem of repentance and remission of sins, and based on your conversation with us, I can guarantee you're not addressing your family in that way either.
Caleb, I don't know what the problem is in your heart only because I haven't seen any doctrine in your conversation over the past year. That means I can't specifically address anything to you. All I can say for certain, based on the evidence of your conversation, is this: The Word of God is boring to you, isn't it? I'm not saying these various topics are wrong to talk about, don't misunderstand, but that's why zoology and mysteries and conspiracies and politics is the focus of everything you say, because the doctrine of Christ is boring to you, and the evidence is seen clearly in your conversation.

Your mom is buried in her sin. She will NEVER understand until she comes to repentance of her sin. Only the Living God can heal people of their spiritual problems, and taking antidepressants is attempt to address spiritual problems in a physical way, which is impossible and nonsensical.

I could have just responded in this post with that paragraph alone, but the point I want to make is, even though you may be in agreement with that paragraph, it does not mean you understand it. Do you think knowledge of conspiracies and zoology and politics is going to help your mother? If not, then how does knowledge of those things help you or anyone else? I only documented that information for born again Christians; that they would turn from the world and turn to God. Furthermore, you believe that you can open her understanding by your own power, simply by having technical knowledge of statistics or quotes from Freud; what good do you think that will do?
There is not a person on this planet who reads the book I wrote that will understand the matter unless God opens their understanding, just as all the prophets and Jews in the days of the Old Testament could not understand the fullness of what was written in Scripture until Jesus opened the understanding of His disciples:
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
-Luke 24:44-47

People talk with one another based on their understanding. I'm not some intellectual person, but by the grace of God, I certainly know the difference between the disciples of the world and the disciples of Christ by their conversation because that is a direct reflection of their understanding. Caleb, in summary, I would say this: There is no way you will be able to address the problems with your mother until you address the problems in your own heart first, and your conversation will not be changed until you clean out the inside first.
This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
-Eph 4:17-24

If you only try to change the way you talk here, it won't work, and those with discernment here will be able to tell the difference. You can't hide it. Clean out the inside, and then the outside will automatically reflect the inside. Only then can you begin to help someone else see the truth about spiritual problems because we are all less than useless if we try to address spiritual problems when we are hypocrites.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 01:37:18 PM »
I'm sorry, Chris, and you're right. I am the problem and I just need to admit. Thank you for pointing it out and bringing the truth. I will pray for you and everyone here. I will get in God's word even I have beat myself, too. Looks like I was right, I am not worthy to join any of you and I am sorry but Thank you for giving me the truth.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »
Caleb, ask God to help you understand what Christopher is saying.  Christopher cares, and shares his discernment with each of us, because he wants all of us to be right with God.  And so that we can be assured of our salvation.  You are not alone on this, we all have cleaning to do on the "inside."

We do want you to be here.  You are young, and it is good that you are wanting to be in the company of true born-again Christians.  You can learn a lot here.  Have you come to Repentance?  Have you read Christopher's article on that?  When you come to Repentance, you will be able to understand God's Word and it will become exciting to you.  You will crave and be spiritually fed on His Word :-)

my confession:  I am guilty...the days would get away from me, as i put other things ahead of reading God's Word.  Now, just recently, I am hugging my Bible and thanking the Lord for giving us His Word.  God speaks to us, through "His Word" and the Bible is an Awesome Love Letter He wrote for us. 

That's the beauty of it with you... you are young, and can begin learning God's Word now.  Before you read the Bible, ask God to send the Holy Spirit to help you understand and to teach you, and help keep His Word in your mind and in your heart. 

(Finally, I am putting Him first and reading His Word, before I begin my day...and then during the day, when I get a little time.  It is sad I didn't do this sooner in my life.) 

You and your mom, are in my prayers, that God watch over both of you, and give you understanding (and I pray this for everyone here, and everyone in my home, as well.)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:13:24 PM by Dee Babbitt »

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 05:10:35 PM »
I did take his words to heart and I truly do want to thank him, I read his response this morning. Little by little, I began to get angrier and angrier at my self. This was conviction and I have felt it before but never this hard. Eventually, it grew and grew until I ended up balling my eyes out in an empty room. The only thing I could say is I'm sorry in prayer before continuing to badmouth myself left and right point out all my sins. I was furious at myself and others could not figure out why or how could I be so mad at myself. I didn't lash out at anyone except myself and others didn't know what to say to me. I am thank you for you and everyone here because I want to learn but I need to learn the right way.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 08:08:51 PM »
We do want you to be here.  You are young, and it is good that you are wanting to be in the company of true born-again Christians.  You can learn a lot here.  Have you come to Repentance?  Have you read Christopher's article on that?  When you come to Repentance, you will be able to understand God's Word and it will become exciting to you.  You will crave and be spiritually fed on His Word :-)
Here's his first post:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=255.msg1679#msg1679
I'm trusting what he said there. That's why, in the long post I made above, you did NOT read me say that I was suspicious that he was not of Christ, but rather, I'm pointing him towards getting right with Christ.

Christopher cares, and shares his discernment with each of us, because he wants all of us to be right with God.
At least someone recognizes that because most people see me as the bad guy for saying anything, but I take the time to write all that out, organize it, and provide Scripture for a reason. As I go over the teaching on The Christian Work Ethic in the audio in upcoming weeks, we'll go over the emphasis on hard-working Christians exercising discernment to increase their understanding, and taking the time to look at WHY people say things more than just "what" they are saying on the surface, and how Jesus set that example for us.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 08:12:32 PM »
At least, I can be an example that you can use. I do wish to help all of you and I have been getting into the word while getting rid of all sorts of things. I finished off Mark chapter 11 a little while ago after ending Matthew. I hope it goes well for you, Chris.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 08:22:22 PM »
I cannot contemplate why you (Jeanne) thought that a woman who won't listen to basic reason is going to sit down and watch a documentary that is specifically for the military. Why would you make that suggestion? Is Caleb's mother in the military? How much do you know about his mom? Perhaps you do know details about his mother that I may have missed, and if so, I apologize for what I'm about to say, but if you don't, then you need to stop and consider Caleb's position. I believe the reason you made that comment is because that documentary hit home to you personally, so you were thinking selfishly, rather than thinking about Caleb.

Actually, the reason I thought of this video is because that's the way psychologists got a foothold and then were able to progress that much more easily into the civilian population. Like that handbook that one military psychologist wrote eventually becoming the DSM I for the whole country, if not the whole world.

This is a habit I need to stop doing, though. My reasoning in the past has been, 'well, I know this person doesn't want to hear the Word of God because I know they hate the Bible and anything to do with God, so maybe they'll listen to a secular point of view on this topic.' However, I realise that amounts to nothing more than putting a band-aid on a melanoma spot. Even if this one particular problem is solved through secular means (whatever that problem happens to be) this person is still going to end up in hell because the core problem was not addressed, so I really didn't do that person any good, after all.