Author Topic: enmity between thee  (Read 1960 times)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
enmity between thee
« on: July 25, 2019, 05:24:15 PM »
Genesis 4:15   And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thought shalt bruise his heel.

The majority of people say that this is the first prophecy of Jesus in the bible. And for the most part I believe that it is, but there is something that always bother me about it for some reason. I always thought it was do to when someone quotes this bible verse they turn right around and miss quote it.
For example

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: enmity between thee
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 06:08:26 PM »
You got cut off.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: enmity between thee
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 06:13:02 PM »
Genesis 4:15   And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thought shalt bruise his heel.

The majority of people say that this is the first prophecy of Jesus in the bible. And for the most part I believe that it is, but there is something that always bother me about it for some reason. I always thought it was do to when someone quotes this bible verse they turn right around and miss quote it.
For example
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thought shalt bruise his heel. This is the first prophecy of Jesus in the bible. For it say that some seed of the woman shall bruise the devil head.
I would like to point out that eve is the mother of all living. So without eve there will be no children and well there will be no us.  this can be very well the first prophecy of Jesus. But I have found a bible verse that puts this into question.
Romans 16:17-20
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause division and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18. For they that are such service not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
19 for your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
20 and the god of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Load Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
Verse 20 is where I now question it. It seems that the children of the true living God is what bruise the Devils head. And in doing so he bruise are heel. Having a bruise heel makes it hard to walk. It is why we are always struggling to walk the straight and narrow path.  I may be wrong about all of this and if any of you have any bible verse that may help please let me.