Author Topic: HEALTH, healing after surgery  (Read 4610 times)

Masha

HEALTH, healing after surgery
« on: March 24, 2018, 05:00:26 PM »
Hi everyone, Ive been operated on my shoulder recently. They have re-constructed the shoulder because it came out so often I lost a part of the infraglenoid tubercle, (the bottom part of the joint that holds the arm in) and the membran inside has been stitched and nailed back together. It was a intens surgery and healing is going well. My (stef)mother is staying with us during the week, so I have help with the children. I wear the rightarm in a sling and am not allowed to move it at all for 6 weeks. Since I have to fully focus on healing as best as I can, I was wondering if there is some natural help I can use to heal well and fast. (the better it heals now, so the shoulder will become stable and will not come out again.)
Does anyone know what could help??
I thought of colloidal silver, raw (bio) milk, raw nuts, vitamine B, yeast??
Would really appreciate your input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: HEALTH, healing after surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 09:41:47 PM »
I know CBD oil helps bone growth/strength, especially after a break or surgery, and is an effective anti-inflammatory and helps with arthritis. It should be able to help with healing in your case, too.

My left shoulder goes out on me a lot, too, but I've never bothered with surgery as I've known others who had it and said it didn't help. Hope it works out for you, though.

Masha

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 06:36:36 AM »
Thank you, Jeanne!!! My shoulder started going out while sleeping and I had hard time to get it back in. Calling ambulance, etc. lot of hassle and pain. With 4 little ones Always in my care, and the risk of me or them getting hurt I decided to take the chance that the surgery will be effective. I felt I didnt have another choice, having to do all lthe work with a disfunctional shoulder was very painfull. My life is so demanding I cannot fail to function. It had become a real challenge to endure pain dailly.
I am healing well, but slowly. I have hempoil, will give it a try. Thank you!!
I must testify that God has used this in many ways to give me more humility and patience. I quess I needed the training, btw is on going...

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 08:53:02 AM »
I typed out a great answer, hit a wrong button, and lost it all!

I won't repeat all the suggestions above because a combination of it all is going to be helpful.

Young Living has an AMAZING pain cream! If you have access, you might check it out.

Most important is giving yourself time to heal!  Most of the time, it takes MUCH longer to heal than doctors say (I think this is on purpose to sell pain medications)!  Take time to get well before over-doing it. 
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Masha

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 01:09:14 PM »
Dear Tonya, Im sorry you lost your tekst:-(
 I will check into the cream, i might be able to purchase it on line as I have never seen it or heard of it here. I have heard from other eople that had the surgery that in fact it will take along time to recover, I will try to take it at heart. I have my (stef)mum staying with us for another 4 weeks, after that my husband  will take some time off work. I am looking at 6 weeks inmobile and then at least 2 months of rehabilitation. This time of rebuilding is the tricky part, as I need to move again yet not force anything and still rest as much as possible. You can imagine the whole thing is quite a challenge with the children, them being 4 and still quite little. They are great helpers thuogh:-) And in this whole thing I am learning so much about patience and leaning on the Lord in all and all. Praise the Lord for that. All things work together, especially these challenging things:-)

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 11:15:46 PM »
I will be praying for you, Masha. I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. It's a blessing to hear the healing is going well, however. Praise the Lord Jesus!

Masha

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 04:13:21 AM »
Thank you for your prayers!!

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 12:26:58 AM »
Thank you, too. May the LORD God be with you always, Masha.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 02:30:27 AM »
Hi Masha,
Just saw your post and praying you have a great recovery.  What a blessing to have someone to help you with the children.  I came across something interesting and wanted to share with you.  (From David Williams.com)

He says:

"After your surgery, try to get a bed next to a window that lets in the most sunlight.

Although the public has practically been brainwashed into believing we would be healthier without sunlight exposure, nothing could be further from the truth. Moderate exposure to sunlight is essential for optimal health, and research shows that exposure to sunlight after surgery can help make the recovery process less painful.

In the study, researchers observed the effects of sunlight exposure on the amount of pain medication needed by 89 patients who had recently undergone spinal surgery. Medication use was compared to intensity of sunlight in each of the patients

Masha

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 04:03:19 AM »
Hi Dee, thank you for your post and prayer. Im healing very well!!
The Sunshine would be great, in the Netherlands we have mostly cloudy days. In fact I have chronic lack of vit D. Springtime is starting and indeed I try to spend much time outside, with the children, but it rains a lot nowadays. I might have to move to a place like California or new zealand:-)))
I have stopped taking pain medication allready for some time, that is a blessing!! I am doing well, praise the Lord!!
If I see the sun coming out here, I'll run outside:-))))

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 04:10:29 AM »
Oh, you do NOT want to move to California! Too many nut cases and liberal politicians there. I know Dee and Josh live there but I sure wouldn't want to... I think it's also about the most expensive place in the United States to live, too. Am I wrong, Dee?

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 10:05:35 PM »
Masha, it is so good to hear you are healing nicely and not needing the pain meds :-)
Thanks be to God for that.
(I just now noticed my post, that part of it got cut off...when I copy and pasted the text from David Williams, part of the content didn't get posted...sorry about that.  But it seems that you are healing well, despite the lack of sunshine.  I am so happy to hear that.)

Jeanne, you are so right about not wanting to live in California.  The weather is the best, but the people are the worst...oh, especially the liberal politicians are disgusting.  Expensive, yes, so very expensive (our oldest son, 26, cannot afford to move out on his own...he is wanting to move out-of-state, too). We cannot afford and won't be able to retire here. It has been home to us for so long.  But, sadly, it has changed and we have been searching for a new state that we can move to in 5-10 years.  Hopefully sooner, rather than later. :-)

Masha

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 03:57:34 PM »
Hi everyone , I just wanted to let you know that my shoulder is doing well The bone has grown attached very well. I still am limited in my movement, and I still have quite a bit of pain. But I am making progress every day and able to do all the household work by myself again. PRAISE THE LORD! thank you for your prayers!!

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »
Hi Masha

Good to read you are recovering well.  I pray that you make a full recovery.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)