Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4356 times)

Richard

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -7
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Richard
  • Belief: Christian
Introduction
« on: September 04, 2019, 06:00:10 PM »
I`m a long time believer though not currently active in a church.  I can`t find the one I need in Wayne county.  The present time is a sad and troubling period of my life and I find myself in great need to reconnect with brethren who understand things of God. I`ve read some of the moderaters articles and found them reassuring to my own understanding of the gospel which has evolved from a peasants 36 year search for truth. I see some similarities in his journey and my own, I am interested in the house church movement and we are both in Indiana.

So I have decided to try this forum. I found this site via a google search on the perils of self love doctrines and I read creationliberty`s writing on the issue. It  really spoke to me and I think we are on the same page on a lot of topics.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 12:28:56 PM »
I'm carrying this over from another topic on this forum in which Richard had made a post. The conversation quickly shifted, and I believe this response is more suited to this thread.

I made the offer because her questions appeared to be unanswered and Bible prophecy has been my hobby since I was 17.
That's irrelevant. There are many people who study Revelation and have zero understanding of it because understanding does not come from our own intellect, which is why there are those who will learn continually, but never understand the truth.
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
-2Ti 3:1-7

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14

Thus, we do not judge what someone says based on how many years they have had a hobby, but rather, we judge what someone says based on the merit of their words, if they are in correlation with New Testament doctrine.
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

Im not sure what you mean by "a strangely suspicious introduction post" or why its necessary for you to call my introduction "vague"
It was necessary to call your post 'vague' was because it was 'vague'. I'm not sure how you are used to communicating, but I typically say directly what I mean; I hope that will help clarify when reading any posts that I make in the future. I'll include a definition just in case anything was misunderstood:
vague (adj): not clearly or explicitly stated or expressed; not clear or distinct
Under the "Introduce Yourself" board, there is a sticky thread at the topic titled: "All New Members (READ THIS FIRST!)," (it's in big, bold print right below the "New Topic" button) in which it explains the details of what should go into an introduction, and even provides links to examples on the forum of other members who have made very good introductions, so others know that we don't just accept they are "Christians" without some evidence first.

To your second point about your strangely suspicious introduction post, I'm not sure if you're reading what I'm saying. Let me know if you're not reading my posts (i.e. you may be just skimming them) so I don't have to keep repeating myself. However, I'll say it again: There is nothing in your introduction post that testifies of repentance and remission of sins, and faith in Christ. Therefore, someone who comes onto this forum, claiming he is of Christ, and has no testimony of that, and also does not even consider that such a thing is important, is suspicious to say the very least.

but I dont see that as a good way to introduce yourself to a brother.
I don't see your introduction post as a good way to introduce yourself either. Saying, "I read creationliberty's writing on the issue... I think we are on the same page on a lot of topics," does not mean you are brethren in Christ. I'm not ruling it out, so don't misunderstand, but I haven't seen any evidence yet.
The problem is that, though you see me as a "brother," I do not see you as one yet. Why? Because I, and everyone else here, do not know you. We do not yet know if you are actually of Christ, or if you're a false convert playing the part. When you joined, you thought to yourself, "I will tell them I am a Christian by selecting 'Christian' from the menu options on my profile, and then they'll automatically accept me as a Christian without any need to verify it through conversation." Typically, when I see people doing that, that's usually (not always, but most of time) indicative of someone who does not understand Christ's doctrine on false converts, and it certainly shows someone who thinks first of himself, rather than thinking about others first. In fact, that's one of the reasons I just released this yesterday:
Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell
That doctrine will determine whether or not you are "on the same page" with the rest of us here. You haven't yet shown us anything in your posts that reflects conversation of someone who has repentance (i.e. godly sorrow of wrongdoing) and faith in Christ, and until I see that, I will remain suspicious of you. (It should be noted that, typically, when no one is responding to someone's introduction post, as they did not respond to yours, it means they're quietly cautious and waiting to see what you will say and do.)

The introduction was a little short because I wanted to get it done and read what is on your forum.
That's a ridiculous excuse. How do I know it's ridiculous? Because anyone can publically read the forum without having an account registered. The only reason anyone would have cause to make an account is if they want fellowship and/or discussion, which brings us right back to my original point: I'm cautious of you.

To answer that one Im a fundamentalist and I believe in repentance, I wasnt out to be vague.
Steven Anderson claims the same generic thing, but he's not of Christ. In fact, I've met many people who have made that generic claim and are not of Christ. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying you're like them in any way, but the point is that your conversation, as far as I have seen, have not reflected a repentant heart yet. That doesn't mean I may not see it later, and you're welcome to try again if you want, but until that time, I'm cautious.
It's also a red herring to say "I wasn't out to be vague" because no one accused you of "trying" to be vague or "intending" to be vague; the fact is that you WERE vague. I didn't once suspect that you were "out to be vague," and that argument is simply distracting from the facts, while also providing a vague way of claiming I'm wrong.

Also of note, I made posts on several of your topics not just this question on Revelation.
I'm already aware of that, and that's also irrelevant. If your read carefully in the other thread, you'll notice that I said, "ONE OF the first things," not "THE first thing," which I wrote on purpose to indicate that it was not the only topic in which you have made a post. Thus, this is just another red herring for distraction.

You're picking some topics that have not been active in over a month (and there is a notification that comes up before you post notifying you that it has been over 30 days since anyone posted in it), which means the people you're responding to may not even remember the context of what was being discussed because, most of the time, we discuss new topics daily. You may not have realized that at first, and I hope that will also clarify that matter.

Just so you know, a few people just recently joined, and I'm suspicious of a few of them for the same reason. The only difference is that they aren't making a bunch of posts on various topics, so I thought I would address you on the matter because it looks like you really want to have fellowship with us, and that's what this place is for, so my suggestion (though I know you didn't ask for advice on the matter; I apologize for that because I typically don't like to give advice unless I'm asked for it) is to read the links above, one that was for the new members, and the other was the teaching I just released yesterday. Those will hopefully help clarify the matter so we can understand your beliefs better and have more intimate discussions on doctrine.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Richard

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 12:41:47 PM »
ok. where do I go to sign out of this squad? You are not of God. take me off this list

1 Corinthians 13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:50:45 PM by Richard »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 01:12:48 PM »
ok. where do I go to sign out of this squad? You are not of God. take me off this list
1 Corinthians 13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
This is so common. The second I rebuke or correct someone, I have often receive a response of 1Co 13:4. It's amazing that I was willing to hear Richard again, and even continue conversation, but the second he got a rebuke, he files a report to the moderators, saying "You are not of God. Take me off this list or show me where to sign off." -- That just doesn't sound very longsuffering to me, which means he has not demonstrated charity to us, but hypocritically accuses us of that very thing, and that's exactly what Jesus was referring to in Matthew 7:
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
-Mat 7:2
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
-1Co 11:31

Richard refuses to judge himself, and that's the core problem, which also shows that he has never come to repentance (i.e. godly sorrow) of his sin.

This is the truth about such people:
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

Correction pains and upsets people who forsake the ways of God. As you can see, Richard proved my point: I saw no repentance, that is, the humility of grief and godly sorrow, in any of his posts, and on his way out, you can see exactly that. He obviously did not come here for fellowship, which means he was basically lying to us. We don't act that way towards one another in the church, and if he ever comes to godly sorrow and is born again in the Lord Jesus Christ, he's always welcome back.

I pray the Lord Jesus Christ would richly bless Richard and his family with all their needs throughout the coming week, and I'm thankful that he departed in peace.
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-1Pe 3:9

(Side note: If you want to know why we don't have much support in Indiana where I live, you just saw the reason why.)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Richard

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 01:21:21 PM »
hmm, I`m still here. How unfortunate. These attacks of yours are completely unmerited and they are unchristian. You are like a woman in the proverb who destroys her own house. Your attempt at ministry will not prosper so long as you go around presenting yourself to new members the way you have me. And others as well. I`ve read some your posts and before I wrote my own introduction. Meanspirited and I can tell you now I had some concerns about you from the beginning. I was just hoping that you would see the value in my posts but its pretty clear now that you aren`t interested in having anyone else here knowledgeable in the scriptures.

I answred maybe 2 old posts but I answred old ones because there isn`t much meat on this bone. Your forum is not far removed from being dead and posts suitable for my interests weren`t very plentiful. It`s a shame really because your beliefs and mine are pretty close. Still you are clearly too meanspirited for me to work with.
And you seriously need to show me how to resign my membership or do it for me. We are done.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 01:26:27 PM »
Well, I guess I was wrong: Richard did not depart in peace. I guess when he realized that what I said was true, and that he's not showing the charitable longsuffering he accused me of, he came back to fire off a bunch of railing accusations. Since he wanted to be done the first time, and then came back again, I don't believe him when he says "We are done," because I don't see him being truthful in any sense. Thus, I will go ahead and ban him to help him out the door. I hope Richard has a great day.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »
In addition, I want to encourage some of you after Richard said: "I was just hoping that you would see the value in my posts but its pretty clear now that you arent interested in having anyone else here knowledgeable in the scriptures." Richard should be ashamed of himself because that was an indirect slap in the face to others of you here who are very knowledgeable in Scripture, and who work in ministries of your own. There are a number of you on this forum whose analysis of Scripture I respect because the Lord God has given you wisdom and understanding; it's just a shame that men like Richard refuse to listen, and it shows that he did not come here to learn anything from anyone, but rather, he came here to try and teach without a repentant heart, which is dangerous because if he was not born again, then without the Holy Spirit, he would have only spread deception.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 02:52:43 PM »
You are like a woman in the proverb who destroys her own house. Your attempt at ministry will not prosper so long as you go around presenting yourself to new members the way you have me. ... Meanspirited and I can tell you now I had some concerns about you from the beginning.
...there isn`t much meat on this bone.
Your forum is not far removed from being dead and posts suitable for my interests weren`t very plentiful.
(Translation: MY FEELINGS!!! You hurt MY FEELINGS!!! Now I'm going to have a temper tantrum attempt to inflict as much damage as I can.  :'( :'( :'( )

Wow!
The claws really came out didn't they?
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Mr. Redflame

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 04:28:28 PM »
You know what I'm not getting right now? why after knowing how Chris interacts with people after observing this site for a while would you not use the proper verses or even a list of verses to correct what you perceive to exactly be his issue? The way a person reproves, corrects, chastises, or rebukes someone is also a matter of great importance. Again, why not teach Chris the way to reprove someone with the word itself? Try not to leave yourself out of the equation while your at it, and rebuke/correct in a godly manner.

Chris, I'm not writing this to flatter you. From the start I wasn't writing out anything on this site for the purpose of flattery or men-pleasing (well at least I hope not). I'm writing this in case you might be suspecting me of posting with such intentions. but I may post something that could get a laugh out of you, though it will more than likely not be intentional, cuz I'm still kind of awkward I think.

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 04:34:28 PM »
He expects the forum to be MASSIVE and overflowing because the Bible says that many will enter in at the strait gate right?  Errr.. Wait a minute..

Luke 13:24- Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matthew 7:14 - Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 04:44:47 PM »
Troy, you are absolutely correct! Chris has said many times that if someone truly cares about another person's salvation, they should rebuke and correct with Scripture, not their own feelings and opinions.

If a new person like you can figure that out, someone like Richard should certainly have been able to.

He also does not realise that this forum has been around for a lot longer and has had many more members come and go than what is visible right now because this is actually the third version of it. The first two were lost because of issues with site hosts and servers.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 07:23:21 PM »
Again, why not teach Chris the way to reprove someone with the word itself?
We've discussed that on the forum and in our church a number of times in the past. If someone really cared about my soul, and they believed that I was not of Christ, then why would they not try to teach me the Gospel of Christ? I mean, I do that for other people, even though almost no one listens at that point. That's because I genuinely care about their soul, but I don't get the same in return. I have another guy (apart from Richard) that I had to block in email just today who was writing me spam emails who absolutely cannot be reasoned with (and could barely write a complete sentence which made it really hard to understand him). I wish such people good health, encourage them to depart in peace, and they just keep coming back, which is what is called "persecution."
persecute (v): to afflict, harass, or destroy for adherence to a particular creed or system of religious principles, or to a mode of worship

The hypocrisy of it is fascinating, in which such men (and women in my experience) talk about being long suffering, making accusations at me for not being so, but they refuse to listen and reason a matter out. I banned Richard from the forum for his railing and false accusations, and even though he said "We are done," he has already written me in email multiple times, to the point that I had to block his email address because he can't control his rage.
Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.
-Pro 22:10

Yet, he claims he's of Christ, but the Bible says:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
-Gal 5:19-21

It's not that a Christian may not get angry at someone else unjustly, but he repents (i.e. godly sorrow of his wrongdoing), and corrects himself, but those who do not have the Spirit of God in them have wrath and strife in their hearts, and live that way on a regular basis without repentance.

It's not flattering lips to point out an observation, and you observed correctly. If Richard was willing to reason these matters out, we could discuss the details of all these things, but the second he was corrected on something he had done wrong, he refused to accept it because the pride of his heart was so great, he thought he was going to come here and teach everyone else, and that he has never been guilty of doing any wrong to anyone. Well, if he wants to believe that, he's welcome to start his own forum and teach whatever he wants, but we come here for fellowship with one another, and we reason with one another like adults; we do not respect persons nor do we accept the works of the flesh into the church.
Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
-Isa 1:16-18

The Lord God has given me much forgiveness, mercy, and longsuffering for my wrongdoing, and I pray that he would give Richard the same.

Mr. Redflame

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 08:17:15 PM »
It's not flattering lips to point out an observation, and you observed correctly. If Richard was willing to reason these matters out, we could discuss the details of all these things, but the second he was corrected on something he had done wrong, he refused to accept it because the pride of his heart was so great, he thought he was going to come here and teach everyone else, and that he has never been guilty of doing any wrong to anyone. Well, if he wants to believe that, he's welcome to start his own forum and teach whatever he wants, but we come here for fellowship with one another, and we reason with one another like adults; we do not respect persons nor do we accept the works of the flesh into the church.
Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
-Isa 1:16-18

Ah, ok, it's nice to know that I wasn't in error here.