Author Topic: Melchisedec question for Christopher  (Read 2069 times)

Richard

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -7
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Richard
  • Belief: Christian
Melchisedec question for Christopher
« on: September 05, 2019, 03:12:12 AM »
I was reading your article on tithing and I have a question about your Melchisedec coments. Which Melchisedec is a Biblical figure that has long been an interest of mine. You cite Hebrews 7:6 as proof that Melchisedec had a father and mother.

How do you reconcile your interpretation of the verse with Hebrews 7:3 which states that Melchisedec has neither beginning nor end of life but was made like the Son of God and is a continual Priest?

The sentence "But he whose descent is not counted from" is generally considered to be a reference to the fact that Melchisedec was not a Levite.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Melchisedec question for Christopher
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 02:20:32 PM »
The former member above was banned for refusing to repent of making railing and false accusations against others here on the forum. I just discovered (five months later) that this post existed, and wanted to make sure there was an answer to this in case someone reading this might believe he got banned for asking a question; that is not the case.

I recently answered that in this teaching:
https://youtu.be/UkajLk5kaXY

I will lock this thread. If anyone wants to comment on this subject, here is a link to another thread where you can talk more about that:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=957.0
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18