Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 8806 times)

Sheila McGarvey

Introduction
« on: September 08, 2019, 06:46:57 PM »
My name is Sheila McGarvey; I go by Shea.  I

Mr. Redflame

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 08:47:11 PM »
Hi Sheila, if you haven't done this yet, then you need to go to the all new members (read this first!) post. here's the link for convenience: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 09:29:00 PM »
It looks like her post got cut off by the apostrophe issue.

Shea, we have a big problem with apostrophes and quotation marks here. It's a software problem with the forum itself, so there's nothing we can do about it. You can only use apostrophes if you type directly into the post box from a PC or laptop; if you copy/paste from somewhere else or use a mobile device, your post will cut off at the point the apostrophe occurs.

Yes, it's a pain but as I said, there's nothing we can do about it. I even forget myself sometimes if I'm typing from my phone. So, if you would please, could you try that again?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:34:24 PM by Jeanne »

Sheila McGarvey

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 10:55:56 PM »
My name is Sheila McGarvey; I go by Shea.  I am 65 years old and live in central western Oregon. I was raised in Toquepala, Peru, S.A. until I was in high school, when we returned to our family home in Tucson, AZ.  I was a third-generation (pseudo)member of the Worldwide Church of God when it was under the direction of Herbert Armstrong.  I was rebellious and at 16 went to church with our Baptist neighbor who promptly had me baptized.  I hadn’t a clue about true repentance or baptism.  I went back to the WWCG, ministers chastised me, counseled me and later baptized me.  I still didn’t have a clue about true repentance and married a divorced man.  We divorced and I married again, his first and my second.  He was a Roman Catholic and my views and his weren’t conducive to a truly spiritual marriage.  That marriage failed too.  My third marriage was to a WWCG gentleman who was divorced also.  We divorced and I married a fourth time, this time to a Jehovah’s Witness going through rebellion also.  It was during that time that I came to the threshold of true repentance.  It was during my husband’s challenge to study why we no longer keep the Sabbath and holy days that my eyes began to open and my ears were willing to start to hear.  I pained over my years without God in my life.  I cried and prayed and fasted that He reveal His truth in his word. I was guilty of just about every manner of sin.  Quite frankly, I hated myself: my rebellion against God, my arrogance, my haughty appearance, my snobbishness, my unrelenting pursuit of worldly things, my adulterous marriages, my fornications, my rudeness to others, my failure to bring my son up in a Godly manner, everything!  I poured over scripture and went through more websites than I care to mention, some as briefly as 5 minutes before red flags had me closing those doors.  When I saw error and closed one door, I went for another.  Coming from the WWCG, I revisited messianic theology and was finally able to put the many years of indoctrination for a works-based salvation out of my life.  The subject of divorce and remarriage troubled me.  I told my then husband that our marriage was not sanctioned before God.  JW elders agreed with me.  We divorced and since 2006 I have been searching for a group of ecclesia who understand agape versus physical love and a teacher who is not afraid to teach truth.  I quit my 35-year job along the way, cancelled all except liability insurance for my car, gave my goods to the needy and no longer participate in the affairs of the world.  I stopped seeing doctors 38 years ago and never looked back.  I got rid of my new TV in 2010 and never looked back.  I turned away from my passion for endurance riding and sold my horses.  I now clean houses and take care of people. I volunteer for a local charity doing laundry one day a week. I’ve been through a number of church doors, only to leave and never go back. I don’t tolerate Christmas, Easter, Halloween, or basically any tradition of men listed as holidays on our Gregorian calendar.  My hair is long again and I no longer color it.  I don’t wear makeup or jewelry.  I dress modestly. I don’t date or go to dances or festivals. To me modern Churchianity is not Christianity and any group not upholding the teachings of our Messiah is guilty of heresy.  I’m a lifelong organic gardener, love lacto-fermentation, and am a fusion cook. I now understand and live the joy/contentment of a simple life and am still praying for more understanding of living the Christian life and eager to learn more.  My life has a void where true ecclesia should be.  I feel that I’m ready to visit (re)baptism.  Thank you all for allowing me into your forum where I can learn from your studies and experiences.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 11:01:53 PM by Sheila McGarvey »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 10:58:55 PM »
I'm so sorry Sheila; try to avoid apostrophes if you can.  :-\
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Sheila McGarvey

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 11:37:06 PM »
I think I get it now  :)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 05:57:18 AM »
Thank you for sharing all of that, Shea! I, too, hope you can find what you're looking for here at CLE. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find us here? What were you searching for that brought you to us?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 11:11:36 AM »
My name is Sheila McGarvey; I go by Shea... My life has a void where true ecclesia should be.  I feel that I'm ready to visit (re)baptism.  Thank you all for allowing me into your forum where I can learn from your studies and experiences.
First, I like you.  :)

Second, that's a lot of experiences.

Third, I think you're far more charitable than I am, and it humbles me to learn of how much you do for the Lord Jesus Christ and your neighbors.

Finally, that's a great example of how to write an introduction. I think I may add that to the sticky note about good examples of well-written introduction posts.

As a side note, it is interesting how some people have been fooled by Jehovah's Witnesses in that they do not celebrate those pagan rituals, which is how they bait in some people. They are doing some things right, but for the wrong reasons, and for some Christians, it's difficult journey from bondage to liberty.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 11:42:01 AM »
Hi Shea, thank you for your testimony.  It's so good to have you here. :-)

I'm thanking the Good Lord, that He led you to us.  This really is a wonderful place, where we are like-minded and continue growing in our Faith, and are able to hear God's Truth. 

Welcome to our group :-)

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 01:07:42 PM »
p.s.

How long have you lived in Oregon?  It is SO beautiful out there.  :-)
My sister has been living in Oregon for six years now (near Medford) and we are looking at Brookings, to retire out there.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:14:51 PM by Dee Babbitt »

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 04:51:38 PM »
Hello Shea and welcome! That is a well written introduction. You sure have been through a lot and how wonderful The Holy Spirit has led you here. I think you will enjoy this community of Christians. When I first started researching churches and doctrine, I found several publications distributed by The Living Church of God, an offshoot of The Worldwide Church of God. They almost had me convinced Christians should be celebrating the Old Testament Holy Days and observing the Sabbath. I have since purged all of that nonsense! I think it is great that you are seeking to clean up your life and do what is right in God's eyes. I have a desire to do the same, but my husband is not on the same page with everything. I am praying God converts him if that is His will. I hope you find this a good fit for you. I sure have learned a lot, and continue to learn from others here. Welcome again.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 06:27:07 PM »
I think we can learn a thing to to from you as well.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 08:04:16 PM »
I agree, Billy. I should have said that in my post. It sounds like we can learn from Shea as well.

Sheila McGarvey

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 12:16:18 AM »
So sorry that I was unable to get back on line before now, but it has been a really busy week.  Thank you all for your responses, they were so encouraging when I was afraid you would find me lacking.  I found you guys for a second time as I came here a few years ago when I must have been in the Messianic confusion state, and I must have quickly judged that you were not what I was looking for.  For some reason this site was saved as a bookmark and I am sure there was some reason for it because I was in a very pensive, lonely mood when I was sifting through my bookmarks bar and for some reason just clicked on this site.  I am certainly nothing noteworthy, I meet people daily who do not even call themselves Christian, but are way better folks than me.  I have a lot to learn and came here to hopefully learn much and find fellowship.  In this time of scattered brethren, I believe that the holy spirit brings us along as God sees fit.  So here I am, and thank you for your warm welcome.   

Sheila McGarvey

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 12:27:20 AM »
To Dee, Ive been in Oregon off and on since 1995.  It is a beautiful state.  My cousin lives in Eagle Point, just northeast of Medford.  Not as pretty as North Douglas County, though.
 I also lived in Atlanta, GA for nearly 12 years, and the South also has an ambiance that has stuck with me. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 01:06:53 AM »
In this time of scattered brethren, I believe that the holy spirit brings us along as God sees fit.
I wish that weren't the case, but after teaching in ministry for the past decade, the evidence has piled too high for me count. Church-ianity is the easy road to destruction, however...
And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
-Mark 10:29-30

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 03:05:00 AM »
Shea, I'm so glad you came back to us! I was just thinking about you when I went to check the forum as I'm really looking forward to conversing with you.

None of us are really 'anything much' except poor, lost souls whom the Lord God had mercy on through the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. I hope we can get together over Skype in the future and that you will become a member of our church.

I checked out a lot of false preachers and was deceived by many of them, myself. I listened to Kim Clement for almost a year and I also read a lot of the stuff put out by the WWCG and was a member of another 'Bible' forum that had thousands of members of ALL faiths and a whole lot of other false doctrines. I very nearly got sucked into the Hebrew Roots thing, too, and was actually looking for a Messianic church around here. About the time I finally prayed to God not to be deceived any longer, another member of that other forum mentioned the CLE FB page and I went to check it out. That was about 5 years ago and I've been here ever since.

I've seen so many people come and go; some don't last very long (less than a day in some cases) and some stick around for years before showing their true colours. There have even been a few that have left in a huff only to come back later in repentance, which is always a blessing.

We're far from perfect, but we're all we've got right now, and the Lord is slowly adding to our numbers. The truth is not very popular in ANY arena, and there are always those who will try to squelch it at any cost to cover their own sins/crimes.

I know how you feel about non-Christians being better than you. My husband is not a Christian but he is more honourable in many ways than I am.

Sheila McGarvey

Re: Permissions and how-to for starting discussions
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 11:14:33 AM »
Am I allowed to start discussions aside from the introductory forum?  I wanted to discuss a subject that I hope wont be touchy for anyone in this group, that about patriotism, 9-11, war veterans, etc.  It seems like these things are ramping up in "churchianity" all over this country and real Christians need to be aware of the dangers of patriotism.  Maybe there is already a discussion on this subject, and if so, please link me to the right discussion.  The apostasy is happening and these church groups arent even aware that they are marching to the drum of the antichrist, slowly, step by subversive step.  I will check back later.  I have a friend who is being taken over by physical ills and she is moving and asked me to come pack her kitchen for her, so as soon as Im done, Ill be back.  Ive been reading and listening to videos.  Some very good messages here in this church.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 11:20:49 AM »
Yes, you just click on a board that fits the topic you want to discuss, and if you don't know which one to select, you can just put it in "General Discussion." Once you click on that board, there is an option at the top called "New Topic." Click that and you can get started, but just remember to try and avoid hyphens and apostrophes.

Chris

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 08:24:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your testimony.  I hope this forum continues to be edifying.  I haven't been on the forum much lately, but I plan to spend more time here and in studying the word.  I look forward to our future conversations.