Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2882 times)

Pastor Spike

Introduction
« on: November 18, 2019, 01:26:07 PM »
Hello,  an introduction is required so here it is.  My name is Jim and I live in the State of Pennsylvania of the United States.  I am married with nine children.  The Lord has given me five sons and four daughters.  Five are still at home.  I am a recent graduate of Liberty University with my Masters in Christian Ministry.  I found this site while I was surfing on the internet doing some research on prosperity gospel, tithing, etc.  I know there are many different views in the Christian ranks about tithing, rapture and sabbath. Based on my Bible study, I discovered that I was not in line with modern day American preaching about tithing the 10% and I was looking to see if there was anyone else out there that is finding it hard to swallow the 10% requirement you see these mega churches demand, or they accuse you of robbing God.  That is how I found this site.  So I thought I would register and see what else is being said in line with what the Bible instructs. 
     We live in the age of apostasy,  January 1st I will be reopening a 116 year old church building that has been gifted to a ministry the Lord called me to start.  (Christ's Meeting House)  I want to make sure and double check, I don't want to be preaching anything that is not true in any way.  I pray for wisdom and guidance and if you have time, please pray for me too! 

Thank you and may the Lord our God bless you all who read this.......Isn't our Father in heaven awesome!!!!!!!

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 02:02:54 PM »
Hello Jim. I'm Tim. I'm glad that you seem to be someone that genuinely registered for discussion. We get several people that want to cause trouble. Hopefully we can help you out in some way.

The first thing I noticed was your profile name 'Pastor Spike'. I assume you are a pastor. Chris did a teaching several years ago on titles like 'Pastor". I'm curious to know what you would think of that teaching whenever you get a chance. Here is a link to the article:

https://www.creationliberty.com/articles/reverend.php

Also, could you tell us how you got saved?

Beholy

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 02:52:03 PM »
I know there are many different views in the Christian ranks about tithing, rapture and sabbath.

hello Jim,

I think "Christian" should be put in quotations here.
Romans 16:17 (KJB) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

So as the Scripture says we have to "mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them." So can we call those, that believe and promote doctrines other than those taught by Christ, Christians along with true born again believers?
According to the Scriptures we cannot.
Among 2 different doctrines chances are either one is true or both of them are false.

And BTW I always wandered what do they teach you in these Liberty Universities that the Holy Ghost of God can't teach you at home, where five of your children still need to be raised? God must have blessed you with a strong wife.
OT
Nehemiah 9:20 (KJV) Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.

NT
1 John 2:27 (KJV) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

John 14:26 (KJV) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Revelation 22:21
King James Version

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 03:01:28 PM by Beholy »

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 03:34:39 PM »
Hi Jim,

I must say, I was rather pleasantly surprised by the humility you displayed in your introduction because I, too, was immediately put off by your profile name. Usually 'pastors' only come here to argue. I do pray that you will strive to learn the doctrine of Jesus Christ to be able to teach that rather than what most modern church buildings teach.

I hope you will also consider the teaching that is going on now about 501(c)(3) incorporation. Chris wrote a rather lengthy book on that subject, but he just finished part 11 (with at least 1 or 2 more to come) of the audio teaching on that subject so you might find it easier to listen to than to read:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbY08k2vP8_mIeA16aix_SBLge_WUqZuC

Part 5 is missing because Chris had trouble uploading it and it doesn't look like he has gotten around to trying it again, so I will remind him.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »
I must say, I was rather pleasantly surprised by the humility you displayed in your introduction because I, too, was immediately put off by your profile name. Usually 'pastors' only come here to argue. I do pray that you will strive to learn the doctrine of Jesus Christ to be able to teach that rather than what most modern church buildings teach.
It's not just Jim, but us as well. We all learn, and those who teach probably have the most to learn.
Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
-Rom 2:21

Also, that part five is there, but I think I just forgot to add it to the playlists, but no one ever told me about it. I'm fixing it now.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 08:12:43 AM »
January 1st I will be reopening a 116 year old church building that has been gifted to a ministry the Lord called me to start.  (Christ's Meeting House)  I want to make sure and double check, I don't want to be preaching anything that is not true in any way.

Hello Jim,
Welcome to the forum.
We are always grateful to have fellow Christians here who want to have real discussions about doctrine and sanctify themselves from the unrighteous ways of the world.

Like Tim said, we would all like to hear your salvation testimony.

As a preacher myself I also do not want to preach anything that is not true in any way. However, we also should make every effort to not DO anything that is not according to God's word.
My concern is that you may have already signed a nonprofit tax-exempt contract with the government. Have you?
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 10:26:21 AM »
I, also, was delighted to read your introduction!  Thank you so much for sharing and joining us!  But I would also like to read your testimony of repentance if you wouldn't mind sharing it?

Welcome!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13