Author Topic: taking the log out of ones eye, before trying to get a speck out of someone else  (Read 3381 times)

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -12
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Larry
  • Belief: Christian
(Matthew 7:4 KJV)  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
(Matthew 7:5 KJV)  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
I have noted that Chris teaches well, but rails on people (condemning them to hell) but he does not know their hearts. He also condemns doctrines like universalism yet there is not a study that backs up that claim. I can post biblical evidence of that doctrine, but it will most likely get me banned. :-\

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Posting what you believe and backing it up with scripture (even if it is false doctrine) won't get you banned.

Making accusations against others without backing them up with evidence will move you down the road to being banned.

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
I have noted that Chris teaches well, but rails on people (condemning them to hell) but he does not know their hearts. He also condemns doctrines like universalism yet there is not a study that backs up that claim. I can post biblical evidence of that doctrine, but it will most likely get me banned. :-\
Hmm. You were fine with everything here, until the second what you're saying got questioned. Coincidence?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Larry, maybe you should go back and read Matthew 15 again:

Matthew 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 11 not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? 13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. 14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable. 16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? 17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 these are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

You have a habit of posting Scripture out of context, meaning you just post verses without explaining WHY you're posting them or what message you're trying to get across by posting them. If you have a problem with something Chris teaches, you need to quote what he said, which teaching you're talking about and then make an argument against it using Scripture, which is a procedure you've been doing your best to avoid for some reason.

You also need to define your terms. I have no idea what you mean by 'universalism'.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
(Matthew 7:4 KJV)  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
(Matthew 7:5 KJV)  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I have not seen Chris condemn anyone.  He has shown evidence of people's beliefs. I am not sure, and I am open to being corrected, that any of us have the power to condemn others. we can look at the evidence and know from whom we should sanctify ourselves.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Well, you guys may have not noticed this, but he never stated in his introduction, or any where else, why he joined this forum. That's one of the reasons I've been suspicious of him. The only reason I could deduce from his introduction is that he's looking to date again after he has passed the grieving stage of his wife's passing. If that's part of the reason he joined, making posts like the one he did above is not helping his cause because, as far as I'm aware, women (especially Christians) tend to be cautious and avoid guys who go quickly from seemingly calm to instant rage about things he hasn't defined nor understood.

More specifically, that universalism comment is REALLY suspicious. I know what we (i.e. our church) mean when we use the term, but we have no idea what he means by it. If we go by our definition, it is simple to conclude that Larry has lost his mind and is truly ignorant of Scripture, but he might mean something different by it, so I would be willing to give him a fair chance to explain himself and define his terms.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:09:56 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18