Author Topic: First born from the dead  (Read 2590 times)

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
  • Belief: Christian
First born from the dead
« on: April 01, 2018, 12:51:15 PM »
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

What does it mean that JESUS is the firstborn from the dead? HE is not the first person to ever be resurrected, there are instances of the dead rising (Elisha and JESUS raised people from the dead) so why is JESUS the firstborn from among the dead?
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: First born from the dead
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 11:11:06 PM »
He is the one who gives us eternal life. The people who were raised from the dead physically had to die again but after Jesus was the first one to STAY alive after His resurrection. Now, when the saints are resurrected at His coming, we will never die again, either.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 11:14:46 PM by Jeanne »

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:24:46 PM »
Thank you, Jeanne. I think I understand, JESUS is the firstborn of those who will die no more through HIM.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Suelong88

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 02:53:48 PM »
Jesus was the first to be resurrected with his immortal body.

John 20:16-18 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 02:16:17 AM »
That was a great question and great answers from the Jeanne and Sue. I just gained a deeper understanding. Thank you so much with all praise going toward the Lord Jesus Christ because of His Wisdom.