Author Topic: Kevin's Introduction  (Read 7555 times)

kphays7

Kevin's Introduction
« on: November 20, 2019, 09:47:50 AM »
Hello,

My name is Kevin and I'm glad that to be here with you all.  I'm 32 years of age and accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour through Repentance and faith in His blood at the age of 24.  Before that I was an Atheist Catholic.  It's been a wonderful yet sort of wild ride with the Lord.  The internet is a wonderful thing.  With that being said there are many false doctrines that find there way into people's eyes through the wonders of the internet.

Where am I going with this?  I joined a cult of a cult.  That cult was named "Seventh Day Remnant" which was a section of Seventh Day Adventist  Before continuing I must stress that I NO LONGER believe in "keeping the seventh day Sabbath" to be saved nor the false doctrines of the Adventists.  I did at one time but God delivered me.  I made the mistake that others have made in that I went completely cultist in my thinking in that early time in the Lord.  The Lord is long-suffering and patient with me and led me out.  The "SDR" was mostly an online community however I did meet my wife through this "sect".  My wife and I met at a neutral location and was married within 6 hours of meeting, praise God.  We left the sect shortly thereafter, studying for ourselves what the Word of God really says.

After leaving the sect we were "church hopping" when the Spirit revealed what were taught in the sect to be true.  Although the sect is false in MANY false doctrines they did teach about the dangers of the 501(C)(3) nonprofit organizations.  I never felt truly at ease in any 501(c)(3) organizations and never will.  We never joined a church and we are "Independent" from any 501(c)(3) organization.

So here we are.  We pray together as a family and read the Word without a "CEO", or "Pastor".  It is a joy to be with like minded believers.  Here in Oklahoma churches are like McDonalds, one on every corner it seems.  However they all share something in common.  They all are joined to the State and preach really nothing.  Sure they preach the cross but not repentance, they preach "church" but dismiss those who don't attend.  It's a weird, "black is white" world we live but praise God for His Word and the Holy Spirit.

I look forward to this time of growth in the body of Christ in these last days.

Godspeed

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Kevin's Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 11:26:07 AM »
I'm sorry, I have to stop and ask about this:
Before that I was an Atheist Catholic.
In each way you slice that, it's a contradiction, unless you believe that either atheism or Catholicism (or both) is a bloodline, in which you are genetically predisposed to be one or the other. If you were raised Catholic and became an atheist later, that would make more sense to me because about 90% of the atheists I have met and had detailed conversations with former Catholics, and that the Catholic Church pumps out atheists at a high rate (which is understandable once you fully understand Catholicism and its pagan origin).

Most everyone here was drawn into some religious cult, one way or another, when we were young in Christ, and most of us are still embarrassed by the fact that we were ever associated with them at any time.

So you know, I lived in Oklahoma for two years before I was saved; did attend some church building services over there, and they are dime a dozen. One of the men in our church also lives in Oklahoma, and after hearing a lot of his testimonies, he understands completely what you're talking about.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

kphays7

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 11:46:09 AM »
My apologizes Christopher.  What I meant was I was raised Catholic and was then an Atheist before accepting Christ at 24.  Sorry for the confusion. 

I have been reading other posts and upon inspection I didn't really touch on my "repentance" testimony so I will do that now.

While still in the "Catholic Church" I witnessed my grandfather die.  It was pretty sudden even though he was of age.  I didn't know it at the time but Something inside of me was prodding me to open a bible.  Once I opened the bible I looked at the law of God and was convicted through the Spirit.  I have broken every single law of God.  Sin is transgression of the law and the wages of sin is death.  I have led a life of sin, rebellion, unbelief, adultery, hatred (murder), and many other things.  I deserve death.  The hardest part really for me is knowing that my righteousness is nothing but filthy rags!  There is nothing I can do to earn favor.  The only thing that saves me is the blood of Jesus Christ.  That's probably the best way I can describe getting involved with the "SDAs".  I thought the seventh day Sabbath of Exodus was still in effect but we rest in Jesus Christ!  It was a dark time for me but I praise God for His long-suffering.

Hopefully I don't accidentally say something that may be confusing or contradictory now or in the future.  If I did or do, I do apologize.

If you have any questions feel free to ask  :).  I'm glad to be here. 

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 01:18:20 PM »
Hi Kevin,

I'm glad to have you here, too! Just out of curiosity, how did you happen to find us? What were you searching for that led you to this site?

Btw, how far are you from OKC? That's where the guy from our church Chris mentioned lives.

kphays7

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 02:01:04 PM »
Hello Jeanne.  Thank you for the welcome.  I found this site searching for 501c3 answers.  I'm sure it's no surprise to everyone here but hardly anyone is talking about the negative consequences of joining with the State.  I knew from the Spirit that incorporating with the State is a bad idea.  Specifically however, why is that a bad idea?  The restrictions are there but the IRS doesn't enforce them (as of yet).  I knew someone had to have reported on the negative consequences somewhere.  So I tried refining my search but nothing seemed to help.  You get more results from law firms trying to sell you their services than the consequences of joining with the State.  I came across the link to the article and started reading.

The short answer would be, through the Spirit, I'm trying to be a better witness to my family and to those around me.  If I don't have the specifics people will just shrug me off, it has happen a lot unfortunately whether prepared or not.  Even coming fully armed with the Truth people still shrug saying "there's no big deal, everything is peachy". 

After reading the 501c3 article I saw the forum and thought I would introduce myself  :).  I enjoyed the Repentance article and in the process of reading others.

I am about 1.5 hours from OKC.  I'm south of a little town called "Mounds".  Mounds is about 20 miles south of Tulsa, the second biggest metropolitan area in OK.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 02:41:47 PM »
That's good. You're doing what the Scripture says:

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
-2Ti 2:15

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
-1Pe 3:15-16
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 05:31:54 PM »
Hi Kevin and family, and Welcome. 
It is good to have you here, and we look forward to more conversations :-)

kphays7

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 09:16:23 PM »
Hello Dee and thank you.  Good to be here.  Forgive me if I am absent from replying from time to time.  I am not ignoring.  I am starting to understand why there is such an emphasis on Repentance.  Obviously it is one of the pillars of the Gospel but many do not seem to understand.  I give glory to the Spirit for my understanding, it is just amazing how some people act.

Godspeed
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 09:21:07 PM by kphays7 »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 09:22:47 PM »
Kevin, if you're typing from your phone, the forum doesn't like apostrophes (you have to type them from a computer) and your post got cut off.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 11:33:53 PM »
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum and I hope you fit right in and that you find it to be a place for growth and fellowship.

I'll have to refer to myself as KevinNZ now so people don't get the two of us mixed up.

KevinNZ
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 09:47:41 AM »
My apologizes Christopher.  What I meant was I was raised Catholic and was then an Atheist before accepting Christ at 24.  Sorry for the confusion. 

I have been reading other posts and upon inspection I didn't really touch on my "repentance" testimony so I will do that now.

While still in the "Catholic Church" I witnessed my grandfather die.  It was pretty sudden even though he was of age.  I didn't know it at the time but Something inside of me was prodding me to open a bible.  Once I opened the bible I looked at the law of God and was convicted through the Spirit.  I have broken every single law of God.  Sin is transgression of the law and the wages of sin is death.  I have led a life of sin, rebellion, unbelief, adultery, hatred (murder), and many other things.  I deserve death.  The hardest part really for me is knowing that my righteousness is nothing but filthy rags!  There is nothing I can do to earn favor.  The only thing that saves me is the blood of Jesus Christ.  That's probably the best way I can describe getting involved with the "SDAs".  I thought the seventh day Sabbath of Exodus was still in effect but we rest in Jesus Christ!  It was a dark time for me but I praise God for His long-suffering.

Hopefully I don't accidentally say something that may be confusing or contradictory now or in the future.  If I did or do, I do apologize.

If you have any questions feel free to ask  :).  I'm glad to be here.

I apologize if you explained this and I missed it. Could you expand on what you mean by "accepted Christ"?  I saw you said you were convicted and that does sound like repentance.

Welcome!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

kphays7

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 10:31:28 AM »
Hello Tonya.  What I mean by "accepted Christ" is that I accepted His blood as payment for my sins.  What are my sins?  They are numerous but they are but not limited to looking upon women lustfully (adultery), bearing false witness (lying), hating others (murder), putting confidence in the flesh (voting for and hoping in Trump or any other sinful politician), unbelief (at one time teaching that one must keep the seventh day Sabbath to be saved), my spiritual fornication (Catholicism, false churches), atheism, and many more.  For my sins I deserve death in eternal hellfire.  I accept the blood of Christ as payment for my sins. I believe He fulfilled the law and the prophets, and that He rose on the third day, conquering death. 

There is nothing I can do to earn Salvation.  Does this give me a license to sin or lasciviousness?  God forbid.  I have the utmost confidence in the Comforter to continue to turn me from my sin and towards the Saviour.  I no longer desire, through the power of the Holy Spirit, to be a slave to sin although when I do sin I confess my sin and He is faithful and just to forgive me of the sin and cleanse me from all unrighteousness, of which I'm not worthy.

I'm paraphrasing the Word but if I speak in error please rebuke me according to His Word.  I hope that fully answers your question.

Godspeed
KevinOK
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:47:31 AM by kphays7 »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 11:26:18 AM »
Your paraphrases were pretty close and spot on.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 12:03:44 PM »
Thank you for that clarification.  And again, welcome.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

WillCullum

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: William
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2019, 06:50:29 PM »
Greetings Kevin,
I'm in SW Kansas near the OK panhandle.  Would you happen to be in or near the Panhandle? 

Praise God for fellowship among brethren.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

kphays7

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2019, 09:56:13 AM »
Thank you to Christopher and Tonya.  Will, to answer your question I'm on the other side of the state.  I'm near the Tulsa area. 

To all in general thank you for this community.  I don't know much about you nor you me however it's nice to know that there are those scattered around the world.  It's very disappointing to see the fruits around us.  I've been making my way through the emails Christopher shares with the forum and it is astounding the people you all run across.  Unfortunately, I was one of those types in early Christian days who thought he was right yet pretty far off the mark (still am).  I won't go into details it's just I see a lot of my younger "babe in Christ" self in some of those emails.  Praise God for His long-suffering.

Thank you all for being patient with me in my introduction.  I look forward to getting to know you all better with time.  Lastly I will say Praise God and thank you Christopher for taking the time on the Repentance book.  Although repentant (through the Spirit) it's startling to see how many people are not.  I never gave it a focus but now it's very apparent that the so called "Church Body of Christ" needs the message of repentance more than ever.

May we all fight the good fight of faith.

Godspeed
Kevin OK

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2019, 10:15:46 AM »
I won't go into details it's just I see a lot of my younger "babe in Christ" self in some of those emails.  Praise God for His long-suffering.
A lot of those people do not understand that I used to be the same way too. I was bitter and mean many years ago, and had no understanding, but you know what the surprising thing about it was; I never had anyone tell me what I was saying and doing was wrong. I read in Scripture for myself and learned it there; the Lord God had to open my understanding.

Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.
-Isa 51:1

We ought to consider the hole out of which God has saved us, and like you, I think about God's long-suffering with me all the time. They do not understand that by His mercy alone is God long-suffering with them, and He would be ever moreso if they would only come to repentance as the publican did.

And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
-Luke 18:9-14

Those people in the email section do not understand, and they believe God has not graced us with His discernment to tell the good from the evil (Heb 5:14); to tell the self-righteous from the publican. There is a very clear difference in conversation between them and you. I mean, that could change in the future, I don't know, but you do seem to exhibit the demeanor of a man who has repentance and faith in Christ, and so that's why you will not see any resistance from us.

However, with those in the emails who scoff, I have to treat many of them as the Bible instructs:
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
-Titus 3:9-11

It's amazing to me that I had always handled things that way; I made an almost-rule (in most cases) that if I was rebuking or correcting someone, I wouldn't go past two email responses with them. It was not until years later, I learned about Titus 3, and found out that's what we were instructed to do with people who teach false doctrines, and have a spirit of contention and debate. (And that's why you don't see me endlessly debate with people on those letters.)

Thank you all for being patient with me in my introduction.
Likewise, thank you for being patient with us while we asked you questions. As you can see, few people who register have that patience.

kphays7

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2019, 11:04:31 AM »
Thank you Christopher but to you and others I am a liar.  If I speak not according to His Word rebuke me and if listen not have no dealings with me.  If I ever come with erroneous doctrine, whatever that may be, depart from me.  It's so frightening in this day and age so MANY think they have it right but prove not their doctrines with the Word of God.

I had two Jehovah's Witnesses come to my front porch this weekend.  In short, they deny that Christ came in the flesh.  I will tell you brethren that we are to adhere to 2 John and receive them not into our homes, neither bid them God speed those that won't adhere to sound doctrine.  This applies to me as well (which you already know).

Thank you all!
KevinOK

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2019, 05:58:49 PM »
Kevin, at this point you would have to do something pretty horrendous for us to depart from you or ask you to depart from us. You have come here with a humility of spirit and humbleness of heart that few others do. There was another guy who joined the forum nearly the same time you did but he lasted less than 24 hours because of the pride of heart he displayed and a refusal to admit he was wrong. I've seen others come and go in a matter of 2 or 3 hours for the same reasons.

We all need correction and rebuke from time to time (and that includes Chris, though not very often) and as long as we're willing to discuss the matter rationally and Scripturally, we can work things out. That's the whole purpose of this forum; we discuss doctrine and Scripture to learn from each other and better our understanding of spiritual matters as well as to fellowship with one another.

It's only when a person comes here in pride and arrogance thinking they're going to correct what they perceive as error on our part or to complain that we hurt their feelings that we have a problem. These people argue based on their emotions rather than Scripture and they stand out when everything they say is is prefaced with 'I think' or 'I feel' instead of 'The Bible says' and they don't quote any Scripture.

So, again, I am happy to welcome you as a brother!

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 11:43:38 PM »
Hello Kevin and welcome to the forum! It's great to meet another believer looking to fellowship with us. What you said about churches preaching the cross but not repentance is so true. It's sad to see so many people being led in the wrong direction. Praise the Lord He led you here and out of the hands of the corrupt! I look forward to learning together in Christ.