Author Topic: Apricot seed seller taken down.  (Read 4749 times)

Benjamin

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 7
    • View Profile
    • Reality Begins
  • First Name: Benjamin
  • Belief: Other
Apricot seed seller taken down.
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »
Went to try and find my the website I bought apricot seeds from and it was seized.

Looks like this was fairly recent.

Google "Jason Vale apricots from God" and it will bring up different news articles about it including a recent video interview with Jason from some MSM outlet called "Access Hollywood". https://youtu.be/KYk7sgx2zLI
Psalm 50:21 KJV 21These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Apricot seed seller taken down.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 01:48:03 PM »
That's because Jason Vale, if I remember who he is, made the mistake of claiming in advertising that they "cured cancer." Legally, no one is allowed to make that claim when they sell a product unless it is first FDA approved, and since apricot seeds cannot be patented, there is no approval process for them.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 02:05:05 PM »
According to the FDA, the only thing that can 'cure' any disease/condition is a drug. If a bottled water company claimed that their product 'cured' dehydration, they would be in violation of the law, too! It's ridiculous how a bunch of unelected bureaucrats are allowed to tell people what they can and can't put into their own bodies! I could easily start a rant here, so I'll stop...

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 03:08:37 PM »
At the end of the video, they say:

We must remind everyone that the FDA and medical communities say that apricot seeds are potentially very dangerous.

LOL! Water can be dangerous if you drink too much. The sun can be dangerous if you are in it too long. Of course they are going to say that, they just want to make sure people do not turn away from their drugs so they can keep making money.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 03:30:15 PM »

We must remind everyone that the FDA and medical communities say that apricot seeds are potentially very dangerous.

So are peanuts, and many other natural foods, to some people, and they have warnings on the packages, usually about allergies. It's nothing unusual or conspiratorial if apricot seeds required to have the same warnings. Even if it is just for a choking hazard.
I still have at least four companies that I buy my bitter apricot seeds from through Amazon.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:41:08 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Yeb
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 06:29:53 AM »
In EU unprocessed apricot kernels are forbidden (only if used for consumption) since 2017: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32017R1237&from=EN.
I think this statement is actually wrong:
'Amygdalin is the major cyanogenic glycoside present in unprocessed apricot kernels and is degraded to hydrocyanic acid (cyanide) by chewing'.

In the Netherlands it is not for sale anymore since a year ago a man almost died after eating apricot kernels as a snack.

It's still for sale in Germany (for example Amazon), but it has a warning sticker: not for consumption.

According to The Little Cyanide Cookbook; Delicious Recipes Rich in Vitamin B17 there are also many other foods which contain B17.
https://www.amazon.com/Cyanide-Cookbook-Delicious-Recipes-Vitamin/dp/0912986379
For example lentils which contain above 100 mg B17 per 100 g food. The concentration of B17 is much lower than seed kernels (above 500 mg per 100 g), but it is usually eaten in higher quantities.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 06:33:47 AM by hashed »

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 02:52:33 PM »
Could someone point me in the right direction to buy apricot seeds, I actually like the taste of them but for some reason can't seem to find where to buy them.  Rarely the apricots we get at work has a seed in the can, but I try to get them when I can.  Though, it's been a long time since we've got apricots at work.

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Yeb
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 03:36:05 AM »
Amazon was already mentioned in this thread. You can search for apricot kernels raw. They are often labeled as being organic.
Processed (heated) kernels don't have B17 in it, they can be used to give a nice taste to cookies. I think the kernels from canned apricots won't work.

The kernels are inside the seed. You only need the kernels.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 07:29:07 AM »
Just do a search for "apricot seeds bitter" in Amazon and look for yourselves. Make sure you find the ones that are described as bitter. Many of them are available through the original distributor in addition to Amazon.
Prices vary widely. Here are three I found that seem to have the best prices.

Apricot Kernels (Seeds) 2 X 1lb Bag (Resealable) Raw and Bitter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GGHH36/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TE39DbDQBE8H1

Raw Garden Bitter Raw Apricot Seed California Grown (2 lbs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074D1RZ8K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jF39DbAGAABJW

Apricot Kernels Raw Seeds, Fresh Premium Apricot Kernels Raw Seeds with No Shell | High in Vitamin B17 & B15 | 2 LB Resealable Bag Apricot Kernals https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JL4581V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FF39DbKEPPQYC
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 09:29:26 AM »
As good a reason as any to start growing your own apricot trees. Mum and Dad had one in the back yard when I was growing up and they got annoyed that a good chunk of the crop went missing when they started ripening...I couldn't help it, I liked them so much, and store bought ones don't have anywhere near the flavor of home grown  :D
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Scott
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 10:05:05 PM »
Amazon was already mentioned in this thread. You can search for apricot kernels raw. They are often labeled as being organic.
Processed (heated) kernels don't have B17 in it, they can be used to give a nice taste to cookies. I think the kernels from canned apricots won't work.

The kernels are inside the seed. You only need the kernels.

I was unaware that the heating process destroyed Vitamin B17. Are you sure about that?
It's usually futile to try to discuss facts and critical analysis with someone that is enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance