Author Topic: Testimony  (Read 3394 times)

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Madonna
  • Belief: Christian
Testimony
« on: February 07, 2020, 08:35:57 PM »
Hi Christopher, My name is Madonna Huthsteiner, I'm  a 69 years old Christian who left 5 years ago the 501c3 church buildings. I am so blessed to sit at your teachings because you are able to articulate what God has been teaching me in his word AV bible. I would like to visit you and the believers on Skype. I can't tell you how joyful I am know that I found you on skype. I feel like a fish out of water with  these instructions in navigating. through anything on the computer. If you have any questions; please feel free to ask.  Some more info about myself I can offer are, I was brought up Catholic and at the age in a family of 18 brothers and sisters. But when I was 12 years old I was aware It wasn't that I was a outwardly sinful child but I knew in my heart I was dirty and try as I might going to confession didn't make clean. The torment was unbearable. One day when I had enough I ran up to my room and fell on the bed and cried out "Lord God save me" instantly I felt the peace of God and that moment i started praying to Jesus with the little light I had.But when I was 20 years old I went to a Buffalo State concert and heard the gospel for the first time by a man name Danny Talyor. The next day I research him out at the union and had lunch with him; he shared more of Jesus with me and prayed in front of everyone there. It was a that time I knew that I knew Jesus Christ is truly God. I'm not sure you will get this message but it is my pray that I my join your fellowship. Thank for your time. Madonna H.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
Re: Testimony
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 08:40:05 PM »
Hello Madonna, welcome to our group here :-)
And thank you for sharing your testimony with us. 

We are so glad the Lord has led you here.  You will enjoy being here, with like-minded Christians :-)
And we look forward to getting to know you better.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:42:33 PM by Dee Babbitt »

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 08:45:43 PM »
Thanks you.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 11:50:29 PM »
I just wanted to express that I am not the only person on this forum. You started out your post with "Hi Christopher," and that might confuse others to think that you are only talking to me. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »
Thank you for pointing that out,  so to all that reads my testimony I would like to say hello to this forum and am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
I was brought up Catholic and at the age in a family of 18 brothers and sisters. But when I was 12 years old I was aware It wasn't that I was a outwardly sinful child but I knew in my heart I was dirty and try as I might going to confession didn't make clean. The torment was unbearable. One day when I had enough I ran up to my room and fell on the bed and cried out "Lord God save me" instantly I felt the peace of God and that moment i started praying to Jesus with the little light I had.

Madonna, thanks be to God that He brought you out of the Catholic church.  Has any of your brothers or sisters also left that church? 

i, too, was raised in a catholic church and at age 16, started questioning the church and finally got out of there around age 20.
Sadly, my mother and two sisters (and their children) still attend... and there's no talking to them.  I can only pray for them and ask God to save them out of there.  It's so sad.

Praise the Lord that He brought you, and others... out of there :-)

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 01:57:20 PM »
I have witness to all of my family members and  after I read Christopher's article on repentance I have my doubts if I shared the gospel correctly. When I think back to when I was born again in 1971 I don't recall if I was brought to Godly sorry for my sins it was more a  knowledge that Jesus Christ was truly the son of the living God and a sense that he loved me and my sins were forgiven.  I remember the next day when I would go into my living and put on music that I always listen to  and started dancing very sensual like I always did; I can't do it it felt it was sinful and dirty and just stopped doing it. I look back on this; one of many moments in my walk with the Lord as having conviction of sin. I want to please him and get guidance from him and there was round week after I received the Lord that I felt unworthy of him and was crying out to him to show me why I felt dirty. I pick up my bible to John 13 where he was washing the disciples feet and came to Peter to wash his feet and Peter said; (John 13:6-10) (John 13:6-10) "Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?  {7} Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.  {8} Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.  {9} Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.  {10} Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all." Jesus showed me that my feet will get dirty and needs cleaning as I walk through this sinful world but I have been washed with his blood and justify. There was an other time when I was struggling in college in English class I just couldn't write pages and when I had a friend who was and English major read my page ; she corrected and I turn it in , before I got it back from my teachers I was born again. Well, I received an A on the paper and couldn't sleep because of conviction  from the Lord , I finally got down on my knee and told him I would confess my wrong to the teacher the next day; which I did with tears and she was so understanding and said she will help me through paper writing. I was put into a special reading course ; I love to read now. I had dyslexia. But to answer your question about my family; my brother Don was a devote Catholic and one time I visited him to share the gospel. He would read his bible, not KJB, and wanted to know if I would put a crucifix up on my wall , as he pointed to his. I said possibly not , but can I ask you a question, he said yes, "Why do you brake the second commandment. And he was shocked! I quoted it from memory and his daughter hand me their bible and says show me in the bible where it is? Dee I open right to it and it was just the same as the KJB. He was shocked and then said to me well you seem like you know it all, but no I said; am a beggar who found bread and am showing other were to find it. I got to pray that night with him and later talked over the phone with him in the hospital were he was dying of Cancer. I prayed Matt; 11:28. His wife told me after Don passed that he certainly love his Lord.  If you want to ask any more question feel free.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 11:52:23 AM »
Madonna, thank you for sharing your testimony and experiences. 
I just love hearing about such moments as these, where the Good Lord takes care of matters, in such a beautiful way.  :-)

And, it's such an example to me, to see how much you love Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I am SO happy you are here.  :-)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:54:29 AM by Dee Babbitt »

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 09:26:41 PM »
Hi Madonna, thank you for sharing your testimony! When you started to realize that the catholic doctrine had errors, how did your family take it? Did they try to bring you to a priest to be talked to?
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 07:34:27 AM »
When I was 12 years old I wouldn't take the host at the mass,so my mom thought there was something I was hiding from her like a deep , dark sin and fronted me with questions. She said; that she was going to take me to the priest and have him talk with me. I said NO! I just didn't know why I felt like I was going to hell. It was confusing to me that my sisters and brothers were sinning and didn't sense a feeling of grief but I did. She just couldn't understand it and I couldn't explain it. Then when I turned 20 I heard the gospel for the first time and started sharing with everyone I how Jesus cleaned me from my sins and that he is real. The reactions were different. Some were happy for me, some were indignated calling them sinners, some thought I get over it.