Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2554 times)

coteluke

Introduction
« on: February 11, 2020, 11:38:50 AM »
Hello

My name's Luke. I'm 20 years old. I grew up in Florida attending the Methodist church. My parents tell me I "accepted Jesus" when I was 5 years old. (I don't remember much from then but I can tell you there was no repentance. It was the standard "Jesus loves you so believe in him" conversion.) So for most of my life I thought I was going to heaven because I "let Jesus into my heart".

When I was around 17, I started listening to sermons from Steven Anderson. This led me to become even more self-righteous. I was as the Pharisee, thanking God that I was not like onto the Sodomites and fornicators (while being guilty of adultery in my heart.) I honestly thought I was a good person because I wasn't as bad as the homosexuals.

When I was 19 I came across Chris' 'Wolves in costume: Steven Anderson' videos which led me to the 'Is Repentance part of Salvation?' teachings. After learning of these things I was convicted of my guilt before God for all my wickedness and I repented of my sins toward God for the first time.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 11:45:19 AM »
Wow. I wish you wrote more details. I would like to hear more.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Madonna
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 07:15:21 PM »
Welcome Luke; good to hear your testimony... I would also like to hear more because I have 6 children who were given this same message attending church building and it is comforting to know God still is working in seeking and saving those who are lost and don't know it.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 07:51:11 PM »
"Jesus loves you so believe in him"

I like the way you said that. Growing up, that is basically all my parents ever taught me and what you said there perfectly sums up the way I was brought up. They never really brought up much about sin and when they did, they made it out as if it wasn't a big deal to sin and, naturally, I didn't care about my sin at the time until around the time that I got saved.

What had gotten you started listening to Steven Anderson when you were 17?

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 11:37:21 AM »
Welcome Luke, and thank you for sharing your testimony :-)

Praise God He brought you to repentance and that He led you here.

We look forward to getting to know you.

coteluke

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 05:38:58 PM »
What had gotten you started listening to Steven Anderson when you were 17?

From suggested videos on YouTube. I'm not sure how I came across them exactly. I thought it was refreshing to hear sermons where I could actually learn something from the bible rather than the repetitive "how to have more faith" sermons from the Methodist "church".

coteluke

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 05:59:26 PM »
Wow. I wish you wrote more details. I would like to hear more.

It was learning about the King James bible that first got me out of the United Methodist Church. Kent Hovinds video "Reasons for using the KJV" really helped me to wake up.

My father is the "contemporary worship leader" of the Methodist church I came out of, so there's that. They've gotten a female pastor about two years ago so that shows you their level of leaven.

I've tried sharing info with my family about the problems with new age "bibles" and female "pastors", to which I'm a "legalist pharisee", you know how it is.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 10:14:34 PM »
Hi Luke,

It's certainly nice to have you here and I'm glad that you found us. I love hearing how people came to repentance through the teachings that Chris does. You are a perfect example of why he writes those Wolves in Costume articles; it's so that people will recognise their false doctrines and come to a knowledge of the truth.

We are all well aware of the blowback you can get for standing up for the truth of God's Word. There's one member of our church here whose father is the pastor of a church and he gets grief from his family all the time. His father especially does not want to hear the truth about tithing! (Gee, I wonder why...)

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you better and having discussions with you.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:18:26 PM by Jeanne »